Closing CD Road Monthly?

Sunstrider

What do you think?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should CD Road be closed on a monthly basis?

• 100% Yes. Make this happen monthly.
    • Not quite 100%, but it's nice to make players spread out.
    • NO. CD Road should be the only road in the game.
    • I avoid CD Road as if it's covered in COVID.

After watching some videos, , why not close CD road on a monthly basis. Maybe for 1 or 2 days at a time. Perhaps some development work could go into this to make it automated. I personally think it should happen as it would be nice to see players spread out from the only road in the game. Thoughts?

Videos

Hey @Aquatic Sparrow,

I personally think that you have a decent idea, but I don't entirely approve of it. While it will be beneficial for players to use different roads other than the C-D road, players who spawn there after logging off could find themselves stuck, unless there's a system in place to allow such traffic to exit the road.

However, if this ever were to happen, it would be interesting to see the change in server traffic whilst the C-D road is closed.

Hey @Aquatic Sparrow

So on the one hand it sounds like a good idea aaan, because maan could bring more traffic to the other roads. However, it must also be said that this would be a little unnecessary, because you should decide freely where you want to go. And also would then probably quite a lot of TMP turn away, because some are only in the TMP to drive this route. And you have to say, then there will also be more people who violate the rules on the other roads.

The road between Duisburg and Calais was closed once in the past. 

Players created long traffic jams in front of the blocked entries.

After the event was over everything went back to normal.

I doubt a monthly held event will change the behavior of players.

They will rather drive in circles around their favorite area for two days than exploring the beauty that Europe has to offer.

Many of the players you find on that road joined TruckersMP because they watched a misleading "idiots on the road" video. Their only interest is to drive this road up and down all day long. A monthly event won't change that.

Lmao, what the heck are the vote options? Have you thought about people not liking your idea? Anyway, I don't see the use of it. The trolls will drive on the highways from Calais to Duisburg and back instead of going to other places. Closing the C-D Road would be an useless event to be honest. 

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Driver

YouTube / Instagram / Twitter

7 hours ago, [Panda SPD] Gruby said:

Hi, in my opinion, this road should not be closed, I think that people who are there and will get banned can learn something.  ?

Not all of them though ?

Kind regards,

Loexie   

On 5/18/2021 at 6:44 AM, Lucas_17b said:

Lmao, what the heck are the vote options? Have you thought about people not liking your idea? Anyway, I don't see the use of it. The trolls will drive on the highways from Calais to Duisburg and back instead of going to other places. Closing the C-D Road would be an useless event to be honest. 

There's only so many options you can include lol. I tried covering a huge range while keeping it under 5 choices.

On 5/19/2021 at 3:30 AM, [Panda SPD] Gruby said:

Hi, in my opinion, this road should not be closed, I think that people who are there and will get banned can learn something.  ?

They might learn something for a bit and then go back to being an idiot. But it doesn't matter if there's a cash prize being offered or a redo of the entire map. It's the drivers who are the idiots and can't respect simple road rules. If they tried this IRL, there would be punishments.

On 5/18/2021 at 12:41 AM, Ruffian said:

Hey @Aquatic Sparrow,

I personally think that you have a decent idea, but I don't entirely approve of it. While it will be beneficial for players to use different roads other than the C-D road, players who spawn there after logging off could find themselves stuck, unless there's a system in place to allow such traffic to exit the road.

However, if this ever were to happen, it would be interesting to see the change in server traffic whilst the C-D road is closed.

There is something. When the game detects a different version, you get a message saying "game change detected". It even moves your vehicle back to your first garage. But of course, it's up to the developers if they want to code and automatic "out of bounds check" and tp to the repair station or your first garage.

22 minutes ago, Aquatic Sparrow said:

There's only so many options you can include lol. I tried covering a huge range while keeping it under 5 choices.

You could also use ''I disagree with this'' instead of kinda forcing us to agree with your state. You had 5 options, and you have chosen 4 only. So there was space for the disagree one

Kind regards,

Loexie   

In my opinion, and don't get me wrong. but this suggestion and additional suggestions seem pointless, you cant close C-D road as the GPS takes you another route and will always get congested that way instead, and also they've made Duinsburg a NCZ for the reason of how badly traffic was. 

Also: Speed bumps? This is madness to even suggest this. Still keeping it friendly, sadly this isnt a good idea altogether,

Regards

NetworksUK
Chief Operations Officer

Movezen Logistiek | Moving anything, anywhere!

movezenlogistiek logo fullcolour rgb 385px@72ppi.png

On 5/29/2021 at 2:57 AM, rs_italy said:

No, because i think that intentionally restricting a player's freedom to drive where he want, it's not a proper way to deal with a problem ?

What freedom is there is you're choosing to go down the same road for the 4 billionth time? IRL's different because of expenses. Only expenses on this road is gas and repairs.

7 hours ago, Aquatic Sparrow said:

What freedom is there is you're choosing to go down the same road for the 4 billionth time? IRL's different because of expenses. Only expenses on this road is gas and repairs.

Well the ability to chose it's freedom, even if a player decide to drive that road multiple times, if you like it or not. You are nobody to judge what other wants to do. This is a game, not real life, and money it's not a problem in this game.

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

6 hours ago, rs_italy said:

This is a game, not real life, and money it's not a problem in this game.

If money had to be earned by finishing deliveries and profiles were server-sided and none alterable, money would soon become a problem, in particular for trolls and reckless drivers as their expenses would shrink their money amount to zero in a short time.

#roadtosimulation4

4 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

If money had to be earned by finishing deliveries and profiles were server-sided and none alterable, money would soon become a problem, in particular for trolls and reckless drivers as their expenses would shrink their money amount to zero in a short time.

#roadtosimulation4

Not to mention, it would force majority of them to spread out and play the game as intended. I'd say to go suggest that.

If they close the C-D road for a short time then people will only find another road to populate and cause mass traffic while they wait for that road to re-open.

Everyone will probably migrate back to the Rotterdam port. Ah the memories. ? 

People will always find a way to continue to do what they enjoy... even if that is sitting in traffic for 30 mins to an hour lol

On 6/1/2021 at 1:45 PM, Save said:

If they close the C-D road for a short time then people will only find another road to populate and cause mass traffic while they wait for that road to re-open.

Everyone will probably migrate back to the Rotterdam port. Ah the memories. ? 

People will always find a way to continue to do what they enjoy... even if that is sitting in traffic for 30 mins to an hour lol

I would kinda agree. Closing down C-D will not make drivers start to spread out on the whole map in an overall perspective. They'll just go somewhere else for those days or maybe just play other games until C-D is open again.

So in the end TMP might just risk losing players if they start to limited the users on a monthly base.

spacer.png | spacer.png

On 6/2/2021 at 9:38 AM, BudokanTB said:

I would kinda agree. Closing down C-D will not make drivers start to spread out on the whole map in an overall perspective. They'll just go somewhere else for those days or maybe just play other games until C-D is open again.

So in the end TMP might just risk losing players if they start to limited the users on a monthly base.

Have you checked this? This is the Map's livedata typically around 12 hours from now. It shows the true amount of players who would stick with TMP. If those "idle waiters" want to wait for this to pass, they can do what you mentioned and leave the roads in a much safer condition during the time.

Archived