Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

How Realistic do you drive?

While playing American Truck Simulator how realistic are you when driving. Do you obey all the stop signs and stop lights or do you thread the needle when possible. Do you prefer to speed down the highway at full speed or do you travel at a safe and controllable speed. 

29 minutes ago, owen611624 said:

Normally, I like to drive realistic when playing on TruckersMP. But, when theres stop signs, I only really stop when there are other people nearby to avoid crashing. Generally I go full speed along the highway unless I carry a WOT job

When it comes to driving one thing that a lot of people do not actually considered and it is a good idea that I bring this up is that wooden fake game moderator is logged on duty which means his. Does not appear as a nearby player so what happens if you go through a intersection or you run a light because you don't see anybody but turn out to be you run into the game administrator who might be in a truck or a police car how would you handle that situation

Just now, DieseL. said:

I drive 100 km/h steady on roads outside of crowded cities, 110 feels so fast 90 feels so slow ? 

I always prefer to sleep with traffic lights, it adds realism to the game. :tmp:

So generally speaking you are saying you will drive flat out as long as there is no other traffic around which could present a danger to you or another driver?
Sounds like for the most part but sometimes I enjoy single player simply because of the relaxed atmosphere. 
Thank you for your response. 

So if I am playing ETSMP2 and there are red signals or signs that indicate a stop, I will only continue when the light is green or at the stop sign when the view is clear.

As far as speed is concerned, I am guided by the weight of the goods.

This means:

* If the weight is less than 7.5 tons, I drive 80 km/h on the country road and this no longer applies to the highway.

* If the weight of the goods is over 7.5t to approx 20t, I generally drive 60 km/h on the country road. On the highway 80 km/h.

* If the weight is over 20t, I generally drive 60 km/h on both roads, country roads and highways, with my rotating beacon activated.

I also adhere to the information given on the signs.

An example I have a cargo of 12t with which I can actually drive on the country road 80 but I discover a sign that only allows 60 or 70, so the speed is adjusted.

3 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

I follow all road traffic laws and regulations and consider driving times and rest periods.

I find it challenging to compete under realistic conditions.

Safety first!

I would agree with your statement and I thank you for giving your imput. 

Hii,  I m trying to follow the traffic rules as much as possible. I d rather go at a speed where I won t lose control on the road 

3 minutes ago, Aras' said:

Hii,  I m trying to follow the traffic rules as much as possible. I d rather go at a speed where I won t lose control on the road 

Sometimes being slower then others means that you will get to your destination quicker. Good thinking

Most of the times I drive professionally ,especially when there are people around but sometimes I might be a bit bored and drive a bit faster and take more than two lanes to drive but that's after I check that there is no one in my tab menu. If I see a name I immediately get on my lane and enable  real driver mode?

1 minute ago, Stefan22 said:

Most of the times I drive professionally ,especially when there are people around but sometimes I might be a bit bored and drive a bit faster and take more than two lanes to drive but that's after I check that there is no one in my tab menu. If I see a name I immediately get on my lane and enable  real driver mode?

Real Driver Mode.....hmmmmmm I will have to check that option out. Is that Alt+F4??

• 2 weeks later...

When I play ETS or ATS online I  drive with average speed in busy areas and follow the signs  but  if I drive in highway and not busy roads I go up to 90 or 95 

Let me preface this by stating I'm a Professional Driver with well over a million miles safe driving, despite a lot of outlaw. Big Trucks, little trucks, Bus's, Party bus's, Limo's and lately thousands and thousands of uber trips as I work on semi-retirement.

To me, this is a fun reminder. No busted glad hands to mess with, frozen air lines, crappy brakes. No laying over waiting for a pass to open eating cold dinty moore. <shudder> And no overtly obnoxious traffic laws slowing me down. In SP mode I ran roughshod wrecking crew mode, was a blast. In MP I'm very respectful when others are near. BUT, speed limits ? merely a suggestion. (Much as they were in RL ?). Red lights or stop signs if someone is near, but thats about it...Not crowded enough in ATS/MP to worry about it as a rule, just the exception when someone is near.

Been fun, but that's just because I can run this way. I told someone in game if they ever tightened it up too much, made it more like RL regarding fines and speed limits (Which I think are to slow btw), I'd be gone. But for now, it's a fun romp down memory lane. Except for the billion dollars and extra equipment of course...?

For me, I try to drive as realistically as possible. I always stop at red lights and stop signs even if no one is around just because it's the right thing to do and I always try to follow the speed limit for the same reason. Yes, it means that my trips may be slower but I have more fun with it that way instead of always worrying if I'm going to crash by driving too fast ?

Archived