Let's discuss about the speed limit.

Lena'

I like the idea of making the speeds more realistic however 110 feels like 60kmh, the game engine makes it feel really slow. I think 110 is good for convoys as most run at about 80kmh so it helps keep gaps closed. 

Maybe add the 80kmh zone to busy areas such as c-d road as this would also prevent many of the crashes that happen with people trying to overtake. If we increase the speed limit it would cause more people to overtake and drive recklessly. the amount of people I see that still can't control their trucks at 110 especially on the corners and turns on c-d. 

Overall i think they should reduce the speed in populated areas such as the C-D road to 80.

51 minutes ago, Callum455 said:

I like the idea of making the speeds more realistic however 110 feels like 60kmh, the game engine makes it feel really slow. I think 110 is good for convoys as most run at about 80kmh so it helps keep gaps closed. 

Maybe add the 80kmh zone to busy areas such as c-d road as this would also prevent many of the crashes that happen with people trying to overtake. If we increase the speed limit it would cause more people to overtake and drive recklessly. the amount of people I see that still can't control their trucks at 110 especially on the corners and turns on c-d. 

Overall i think they should reduce the speed in populated areas such as the C-D road to 80.

I agree with you on this matter. The issue with a lot of drivers is of young age and they do not realize that yes this game is a simulation game which means to an extent the game will offer various realistic handling and behavior different for each vehicle with and without an attached trailer. This being said some people just think it is a vehicle that is solid and you can round the curve full speed. When I driver I like to sometimes go in some areas where no one is around and truly test my vehicles handling and then I can proceed as normal. Therefore I am fairly comfortable with my vehicle. I mainly drive the Scania R I believe ( the newest one ) and I have to admit it handles like a champ but still I also use a G29 wheel and pedals but at the same time it still does not give me the right or the ability to go full throttle around corners. If I treat my vehicle correctly it will do everything I need it to do. 

I like it how it is. Going 68 MPH outside the city and about 40 MPH in the city. Sorry, but i use my local unit, not the game's. Some players already have trouble with turning or missing a turn at that speed.

Personally, i think the speed limit should be enforced to what it says on the road. Netherlands has highway speed of 110. Spain has it of 100, i think. But that would require changing the script and would take way longer then it actually needs to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived