Let's discuss about the speed limit.

Lena'

Hey Guys ?

As you know, our speed limit is 110 kmh for all vehicles.My personal opinion is that 90 kmh for trucks and 110 kmh for cars might be more suitable.What do you think about this subject?

Do you think the speed limit should be increased or decreased.? I think the limit should definitely be lowered for more realism.Please feel free to share your ideas under this post.??

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

As much as I agree that realism would be great (90km for trucks, anything higher for cars), the problem is that this will absolutely make it easier for trolls to just use cars and ALWAYS be able to catch up to and ram trucks.

(Although, being in a car puts you very at risk for being sent under the map by a truck ?)

On another side of that, it's not going to change the number of trolls by limiting the speed of the trucks to 90 - There's always going to be trolls, regardless of speed limiter, car, truck, etc.

So i'm pretty split on it. While I think it's the most realistic option, I don't think it's completely reasonable for TruckersMP given the playerbase.

24H4oa0.jpg

I think they should keep to 110 KMH speed limit. There are people like me who do jobs using Trucksbook, and I mainly do race miles, meaning I go over 100 KMH at some point. In my case, 110 KMH is the perfect speed for me.

I don't think setting the limit to 90KMH would work unless if it were to apply to everyone. As the guy who posted above me said, there will be trolls no matter what, and all the trolls will use Skodas because they will be faster than the trucks. Also I think the 90 KMH speed limit should just apply for the C-D road.

In the end, I think the speed limit of 110KMH is fine, but if you want to limit it to 90, then make it apply to everyone and only on the C-D road.

Project Cargo VTC - Driver

Discord: AABattery#8735 | IG: aabatteryets2

Languages:  ???????/??

The server speed limit of 110 mph is reasonable.

Players like me who enjoy to play realistic are free to drive slower than 110 kph in a truck (rather 70 to 90 kph, depending on the real world national speed limits and regulations).

If a player wants to drive faster than 110 kph he/ she can do so on the arcade server where no speed limit is applied.

I think it could reduce the number of accidents that happen, especially in corners, because people would drive there slower. However, if only tricks would have a speed limit and cars are allowed to drive 110, the cars would feel much likelier to overtake, especially in busy areas like the CD road. That could cause more accidents 

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

35 minutes ago, RUBENXUUu [ESP] said:

Para mí, el límite debería ser de al menos entre 100 y 90 km for both  coches y camiones y aumentar el límite de velocidad a 150 km en el servidor arcade. Así que los usuarios que quieran ir a alta velocidad lo hacen en la sala de juegos para evitar muchos accidentes.

Maybe you should edit this and make it English... Other than that, it would be cool if they made it 90 Km/h limit in ETS2 for trucks and 120/130 for cars, like most real life limits, but... That would be, like already mentioned, giving trolls an advantage. I'm not even sure if it can be done, making it a different limit for cars and trucks, let's not forget that the base game doesn't have cars to be driven, the Scout and alternating-vehicle cars are nothing other than modded trucks. And BTW, the Arcade servers have no speed limits, no need to make them 150 Km/h, when anyone can drive even faster than that right now.

2 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Maybe you should edit this and make it English... Other than that, it would be cool if they made it 90 Km/h limit in ETS2 for trucks and 120/130 for cars, like most real life limits, but... That would be, like already mentioned, giving trolls an advantage. I'm not even sure if it can be done, making it a different limit for cars and trucks, let's not forget that the base game doesn't have cars to be driven, the Scout and alternating-vehicle cars are nothing other than modded trucks. And BTW, the Arcade servers have no speed limits, no need to make them 150 Km/h, when anyone can drive even faster than that right now.

Thanks for letting me know I didn't realize that I put it in my own language

Guest ouzersn

-1,Because it would be really ridiculous and annoying to have 90 when we expect the original limit to be pulled to a number like 130. If the speed limit has been set more than trucks, there will be more advantage to trolls.

It's good like that. I think cars should be 150 and trucks should stay at 110 if there is a speed limit of 90, everyone will be banned because of overtaking

I think that it should be globally increased for all vehicles by 10, to 120, but as a tradeoff set a speed limit of 90 if the cargo mass is higher than 0. (basically have a set speed limit of 90 when you´re loaded, as you can tip over easily (which you can´t really while empty) or have way longer braking distances, even with max braking)

Unless they revert it like it was back in the day, EU1 with speed limiter, EU2 without but still with collisions and a Freeroam without collision. Everone was statisfied back then and was able to choose their playstyle by choosing the appropriate server. I just don´t see why running 5 simulation servers limiting you, from which only 2 get used by a considerable amount of players, are benefiting everyone. It´s just such a waste of potential.

10 hours ago, P h o e n i x said:

As much as I agree that realism would be great (90km for trucks, anything higher for cars), the problem is that this will absolutely make it easier for trolls to just use cars and ALWAYS be able to catch up to and ram trucks.

(Although, being in a car puts you very at risk for being sent under the map by a truck ?)

On another side of that, it's not going to change the number of trolls by limiting the speed of the trucks to 90 - There's always going to be trolls, regardless of speed limiter, car, truck, etc.

So i'm pretty split on it. While I think it's the most realistic option, I don't think it's completely reasonable for TruckersMP given the playerbase.

Hey @P h o e n i x

oh those trolls? I think he's right until the end trolls will always be in our lives, but I wish it was like this for realism.I guess for a moment I forgot that trolls are in our lives. ???

9 hours ago, AABattery said:

I think they should keep to 110 KMH speed limit. There are people like me who do jobs using Trucksbook, and I mainly do race miles, meaning I go over 100 KMH at some point. In my case, 110 KMH is the perfect speed for me.

I don't think setting the limit to 90KMH would work unless if it were to apply to everyone. As the guy who posted above me said, there will be trolls no matter what, and all the trolls will use Skodas because they will be faster than the trucks. Also I think the 90 KMH speed limit should just apply for the C-D road.

In the end, I think the speed limit of 110KMH is fine, but if you want to limit it to 90, then make it apply to everyone and only on the C-D road.

Hey @AABattery

yes, that made more sense to me, it might be good to have a speed limit of 90 km between the C-d road,but this time may lower popularity for this route.?

1797472539_TMP.webp

4 hours ago, DieseL. said:

Pretty good thought. But I am sure that increasing the speed inside the city will cause a disaster. 

For now, I think the speed limits are at a pretty good level. :tmp:

Hey  @DieseL.

It's nice to hear that you agree with me too. ? I guess 60 km within the city should definitely not be changed.

1797472539_TMP.webp

3 hours ago, Penguin said:

My personal view is that the speed limiter should be removed, not increased

Hey @Penguin

This is a different idea, your ideas are important to me, I respect you, thank you. ❤️

1797472539_TMP.webp

56 minutes ago, Lena' said:

yes, that made more sense to me, it might be good to have a speed limit of 90 km between the C-d road,but this time may lower popularity for this route.?

I have another idea:D Lets event remove speed limit on that road but make that road no collision area:D Wonder how many players would left that road forever.

I drive 90km/h  sometimes little more but under 100 km/h.  For me game its about more realism than racing.

Spoiler

I get bored easily when driving 90 kmh doing a job, that's why I rarely do external contracts. It feels so slow driving 90 kmh. So I think 110 kmh is the perfect speedlimit for me. 

But driving 90 kmh on the C-D Road isn't a problem ?

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Driver

YouTube / Instagram / Twitter

What I like about 110 is that it's not ridiculously fast, but it still allows people to catch up with each other during convoys. If you're driving 80 or 90 on a highway, the people at the back wont fall behind because they are able to catch up by driving a little bit faster.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

4 hours ago, StateCA (NL) said:

What I like about 110 is that it's not ridiculously fast, but it still allows people to catch up with each other during convoys. If you're driving 80 or 90 on a highway, the people at the back wont fall behind because they are able to catch up by driving a little bit faster.

Oye @StateCA (NL)

Interesting approach but i found it logical you may be right i never thought that way. ❤️

1797472539_TMP.webp

Here are my thoughts about this subject and some people might agree with me and some might disagree but we are entitled to our opinions. This is a simulation trucking game and the idea of the game is to make the interaction each player experiences as realistic as possible. Now weather or not that be on American Truck Simulator or Euro Truck Simulator 2 they both have the same view for players who own these games. Speaking about increasing the speed limit would honestly in my opinion would only cause more issues for players who are driving their vehicle weather it be in the car or tractor-trailer. I can honestly say that I have seen players traveling at full speed which is 110KM or 68MPH and they can hardly maintain their lane which has resulted in times where I was run off the road because I was watching them in my mirror or ahead of me where honestly I did not know which way they were heading or what they were doing. Increasing the speed limit would only take away the realistic driving experience that we as players look forward to because in the end there is no real reason to increase the speed except the make players happier by reducing the driving times from one destination to another. Increasing the speed limit would only cause more issues for the staff team and support team and this would increase the report system via both in game and also on the website. Increasing the speed limit would in my opinion have no positive impact and would only take the realism out of the current game play. However I do not object to possibly increasing the speed limit to about 75MPH but nothing more then that. 

Archived