Headlights in 1.40

Ginger74

Maybe they are more realistic now when it comes to brightness, but the light distribution pattern is over the top and wrong.

I am driving only left hand drive (driving on the right side), left headlight should be turned much more to the left to light up beyond the left edge of the left lane just slightly, not up to the middle of the left lane only, also slightly more upwards.

With this it is very hard to see into the left hand corners, even if you trun high beams on. And when it rains it gets even worse as it gets much darker.

The glare of the headlights is also something like parking lights at best.

1 hour ago, Cevil said:

I have the feeling that the headlights are more realistic now. 

But yeah, they are a bit more dimm compared to 1.39. 

Yeah, I agree with you. I think the headlights coming with the 1.40 update are more realistic. ?

5 hours ago, OmSaL said:

Yeah, I agree with you. I think the headlights coming with the 1.40 update are more realistic. ?

I agree with you. I think the headlights are very realistic.

Sincerely,

Expectancy

TruckersMP - Game Moderator                   
 39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0

• Useful Links •
Official TruckerMP Rules | SupportFeedback | Reports | Appeal a Ban

I think we are all just to used to the pre 1.40 lighting. The overhead and bullbar lights do make a considerable difference though. I only just came over to ETS2 from ATS. My Peterbilt doesnt have the option to add any lighting so it took some adjusting (its not as big an issue since I play at night so the room is dark, daytime play is a challenge though). Once I unlocked the light upgrades in ETS2 though, i did notice an improvement on this situation.

That said, if i tweeked anything with the lights, it would be some extra width with the lows and a few more feet of distance with the highs. 

The light is a lot dimmer in 1.40 then 1.39. It looks so much more realistic in my opinion. The only downside is that at night it's a bit more tricky to see anything. But I guess that just takes some getting us too.

The other downside is that in the daytime you can hardly see the lights on the truck in front of you. So you really need to keep distance so you don't ram a driver because you can't see their brake-light and indicators.

spacer.png | spacer.png

4 hours ago, BudokanTB said:

It looks so much more realistic in my opinion.

Compared to 1.39 and previous versions? Yes. Compared to real life counterparts? Not quite. Low beams are too dim especially during day and sunset, but driving during night hours is a lot more atmospheric.

Nothing wrong with the headlights at least for me it's more realistic now low beams distance enough the see other players front of you or oncoming traffic and all brake lights more visible now.

You can put on extra light on grill bar like in this picture but only problem it's working with highbeams.

l3L2b2y.png

qlTYtIO.png

I think that the lights in 1.39 were brighter. Sometimes I think that they are too much dimmed, compared to 1.39. But the lights are in the 1.40 version much more realistic, and to be honest, this dimming isn't too bad and it looks much better than in 1.39. 

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2021 at 11:31 AM, THE ROCK - PT said:

I dont think they are really realistic at all , at least when u turn your extra lights on it should give you light like was almost day , (irl i have 15 hella comet 500 with 140w lamp) extra lights on my truck of service and i can guarantee you that when i turn them on at night , it looks day...)

I think they nerfed it because all that light made the server lagg.. i'm not sure tho. But i've seen it going around on the discords. 

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived