Speedhacking

seth_haveron

i noticed  that a whole lot of Speedhacking is going on  on EU Sim 1 and 2... 

in the last two hours i spot more then a handfull regular players as well as Employees of the Staff´s VTC´s  Nitroboosting across the landscape like Slotcars.  (also nothing that  ID them as Admin or  Staff members . ) 

i think i dont need to say that im not agree with this kind of practice.... there should be the same Rules and Limitations for each and everyone around here. 

i also thought this kind of hack had been patched out some time ago ...  either im wrong or the suspects had found a way to work around it. 

Speed limit is set at 110 Km/h (68 mph) in ETS2 Simulation servers. Anyone going faster than that has to be using hacks, unless they are going downhill and the speed would not be greatly increased in that case. GMs and possibly other staff members have a different limit of 160 Km/h, IIRC. This has nothing to do with engines, transmissions and such. A truck with 750 HP, no cargo and 6 gears transmission may accelerate harder than a 310 HP Iveco with 12 gears and a 24 tons cargo, but eventually they will both get to 110 Km/h and none of them will be able to go faster.

Best thing to do if you see a speed-hacker, get video and send a web report, they will be banned for good. They can go faster than 110 Km/h in arcade servers, it was their choice to not do that and break the rules instead.

This behavior has always occurred among TruckersMP players. In-game behavior is determined by the rules. https://truckersmp.com/rules

If you are sure that someone has broken the rules, submit a record of his behavior and send a report with the TruckersMP ID of the player. https://truckersmp.com/reports

You can also report it in-game, but it won't always be considered. Watch out for the trolls.

2 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Best thing to do if you see a speed-hacker, get video and send a web report, they will be banned for good. They can go faster than 110 Km/h in arcade servers, it was their choice to not do that and break the rules instead.

If you are driving 80km/h and are overtaken by hacker going let's say 150km/h (and I have enough experience to tell how 110km/h looks like), you may have your report declined because you are not driving 110/kmh and maybe the video will end up capped at much slower frame rate than what you have witnessed in-game, then the admin may see it differently.

So, because I am not speeding, I don't bother unless it's very obvious.

Besides, those types who need to put 750hp engine in any truck and hack their trailer to practically no weight, can very easily look like speed hackers. They are hackers in my eyes anyway, because by altering the trailer/cargo weight, they are abusing the ability to modify saves to alter gameplay. It's laughable, when you see someone with trailer that should weigh 18 tonnes alone, and with cargo loaded the whole rig should be 70 tonnes, but they are accelerating faster than go-karts and honk at you because you are "blocking" them. Funny they have no idea that weightless trailer will be waving behind them at those speeds because there's nothing pushing the tyres down.

Right now, I'm staying within Iberia untill the whole thing is painted yellow, guess there isn't anyone risking permaban here, so dunno what's going on in other parts.

Lastly, we have made some small changes to the speed limiter. Staff members that have Game Moderation permissions have had their speed limiter raised to 160 km/h (100 mph) in order to let them fulfill their duties in the best way possible.

(Source: Road to Simulation #2, https://truckersmp.com/blog/171)

10 hours ago, seth_haveron said:

i think i dont need to say that im not agree with this kind of practice.... there should be the same Rules and Limitations for each and everyone around here.

All rules and limitations apply to all players. Exceptions are made for members of the TruckersMP team.
If you witness a violation of the rules, please report it with the web report system (I regard the in-game report system as ineffective).

11 hours ago, seth_haveron said:

i noticed  that a whole lot of Speedhacking is going on  on EU Sim 1 and 2... 

in the last two hours i spot more then a handfull regular players as well as Employees of the Staff´s VTC´s  Nitroboosting across the landscape like Slotcars.  (also nothing that  ID them as Admin or  Staff members . ) 

i also thought this kind of hack had been patched out some time ago ...  either im wrong or the suspects had found a way to work around it. 

This issue has never been fixed, but after the 110 km / h limit come, the speed hack has been greatly reproduced. Not to mention the NCZ cheat. I don't think we are anything but reporting and banning them. ? 

in the past a wonky setup might give you a better acceleration  but it had been .....  

the Powertransmission had been nerfed quite a lot to be more realistic .... 

what im talking about is about more then just obvious  speedhacks and things that should not happen what so ever ...

guys are taking sharp turnes on or off the highway at full speed and their trucks act like AI  .... stiff as a plank ....    while you need to slow down to 45Km/h and still dance on the edge to tip over 

or they pick up a default trailer at Transinet  in the same time as you do , and bursting around the corner before you even move one single meter...  

4 hours ago, seth_haveron said:

what im talking about is about more then just obvious  speedhacks and things that should not happen what so ever ...

guys are taking sharp turnes on or off the highway at full speed and their trucks act like AI  .... stiff as a plank ....    while you need to slow down to 45Km/h and still dance on the edge to tip over 

or they pick up a default trailer at Transinet  in the same time as you do , and bursting around the corner before you even move one single meter...  

You can't prevent hackers using external tools.

I suspect that some of these guys download  "trainer" (hacks) and use options that gives them more power  and super stability (u-turn at +50km/h). If they use these with some brain and don't exceed speed limit when they can be seen, they are virtually undetectable.

24 minutes ago, Granite said:

You can't prevent hackers using external tools.

I suspect that some of these guys download  "trainer" (hacks) and use options that gives them more power  and super stability (u-turn at +50km/h). If they use these with some brain and don't exceed speed limit when they can be seen, they are virtually undetectable.

things not implemented in the mod (externals)  shouldnt work at all.  

actually it could be prevented with a backend check... literly a Inventury list of all settings and assets mirrored form a master database  .... if something is off  it would be so obvious like a Elephant on a golfcourd and therfor blocked. 

but i gess the Staff would need their own server rack for this kind of setup. 

Hiya @seth_haveron, recently the TruckersMP servers have been dealing with connectivity and stability issues where at certain times of the day the servers begin to lag massively for a short period. This makes your truck seem fine to drive nut everyone else's lag massively, and players pings to skyrocket. This gives the look of speed hacking but it actually isn't.

If you do believe that this isn't the same issue then then there are rules against this in-game (§2.1 - Hacking/Bug/Feature abusing - PERMANENT BAN ~ Using any kind of tool to change gameplay, including but not limited to using the in-game console, trainers or cheat engine in order to bypass the speed limiter, to jump hack, no collision hack or anything similar. Bypassing the server-sided auto kick system via save editing. Misusing features such as ghost mode to cause damage to others while connecting to the servers) You should record them and then report using the Web report system here: https://truckersmp.com/reports

I hope one of these solves your issue, and I wish you a good day!

12 hours ago, m4gu3ll said:

Yes, this is very annoying. Example: You drive 110km/h and random person overtake you, driving 150km/h 

had something like that recently ....

Me already at maxspeed (90) 

Random dude overtakes me with ease (110)  

Speedhacker just Nitros with a ridiculous speed past us  easly more then 150 km/h ...  and a ping of 20ms ....    while we both had around 25-28 ms ..   so that not even worth to mention .. 

and also your dude Thermo King is very Suspicious as well...

Ive had fun in silverstone circut with public car (concrete truck). Some guy must have really save edited or sth engine. first ramp guy had problem with landing and stopped and i overtaked him yet somehow with the same car from 0km/h managed to overtake me with ease before that first bareer even when i was not slowing down. Took the strongest Volvo and got second place max. No one could beat him.  I wonder if that was a speed hack or save edited engine.

Spoiler

I don't see anyone speed hacking. Because the Speed Limiter on Simulation 1 sets my vehicles to 68 MPH. Downhill (with trailer + cargo) is about 72 MPH. I can shift gears and end up passing slower players because they like going the speed limit of the navigator, which is slower then what i'm going.

I've been playing since Late April 2021 (as a return) and no one exceeds the speed limiter. There are players who like to use no collision hacks outside of ncz's.

There really isn't much to do about speed hackers (or hackers in general) except report and ban them. The only people allowed to go faster than 110 KMH are TMP Staff, and even then events staff is limited to 120 KMH and admins are limited to 160. 

Tip - You can tell is someone is a  speed hacker, because they will have the front of their truck lift off the ground a bit when they accelerate.

Project Cargo VTC - Driver

Discord: AABattery#8735 | IG: aabatteryets2

Languages:  ???????/??

On 5/17/2021 at 1:51 PM, AABattery said:

There really isn't much to do about speed hackers (or hackers in general) except report and ban them. The only people allowed to go faster than 110 KMH are TMP Staff, and even then events staff is limited to 120 KMH and admins are limited to 160. 

Tip - You can tell is someone is a  speed hacker, because they will have the front of their truck lift off the ground a bit when they accelerate.

nonsense 

nothing will lift without a suspention    staffs Trucks or Cars accelerate stiff as a brick.   

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there.

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because of your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are creating and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion. We are applying this to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.  

Locked and Moved to Archive

Languages/Diller:  tr.gif (primary)gb.gif 

Useful Links/Önemli Bağlantılar: TruckersMP Rules/Kuralları | Recrutiment/İşe alım | Knowledge-base/Bilgi bankası  | Forum Warning System/Uyarı Sistemi: [TR] [ENG] 

Archived