A few things that bothers me in ETS2 and why I'm leaving

LipeLeandro

As time goes on the game gets repetitive, almost nobody compliments you on the radio, px. some are very unfriendly and even rude, but that's not it that defines everything, it would be a good thing if the developer brought something more than just graphics improvements, brought something innovative for ets2, how about an avatar, how about a replay mod where you can move around like in the real world, to take your friends as a passenger, I don't know maybe it's a crazy idea, but any improvement or innovation would be welcome, each month or cycle. The game is faithful to the truck simulation, at least almost, there are some things to improve. I know you can't meet all people's expectations about the game, but. There are many games that stand out because there are innovations, as time goes by it becomes static, boring, repetitive. Especially in online games. ETS2 has beautiful graphics, beautiful landscapes, and unforgettable simulation played with the steering wheel, it is one of the best I have ever seen. But a hint of some innovations would make this game take off in the online rooms, just my opinion. I'm almost completing all the maps, I already know a lot of places, so far I haven't made any friends, maybe the audience for this game is more introverted. OR, the hour time that I play, there aren't almost no one playing, lol.  Finally, I brought a little criticism to the game, I know it will not change anything, but it is just to open a topic and discuss ideas, I loved this community, I love the game. People are very attentive and like to help, answer questions. at least here in the community. Maybe I will still play for a while, but there comes a time when everything has an end, it is part of life. ?, Try to reach other games simulations, I love driving, and I will always play ets2 but not too oftenly.

SCS has been releasing DLC regularly since the game was released. Yes, it can be said that it's just "more of the same thing", but it's not really. In recent updates, we've seen the implementation of FMOD sound engine, SSAO in graphics, latest update brought a new lighting system. Let's not forget all of the customisation DLCs, the map expansion DLCs, etc. Or the regularly launched World of Trucks events. Western Star truck was launched in ATS at the same time that it's real life counterpart was shown to the public, the Renault-T Evolution was presented directly in ETS2. These latest examples show that SCS is actively working to improve the game, bring new stuff.

Of course, there will always be other things that could improve the game, but you know that IT rule: If something is working, don't touch it. SCS has built a solid player base, they are happy with this, apparently and... They focus on keeping that player base, not caring about MP, since it has nothing to do with them (for now). It's been announced that they are working in their own multiplayer mode for the games, it seems that it will not be anything like TruckersMP with massive servers for thousands of players, but still, it would also be a new feature.

These other things you mention... Are more about MP. And MP is always trying to do things to improve the experience, they added the Scout long ago, they've added the alternating-vehicles more recently, they do convoys, events (there's still the TMP#7 anniversary going on), etc. I get that the idea for many players in MP is to drive with friends and such, but that involves one of 2 things, you already know people "inside" MP so you can meet with them for your drives, or you play when and where many others are playing and try to make friends to play with. Alternatively, you can always search for a VTC of your liking, join it and start a completely new game experience, making friends with its members, driving with them in convoys, etc. The capacity for TMP to change the base game is very limited, so asking them for new features is not likely to succeed, but yet, there's the "Suggestions" section in these forums, where you can explain any ideas you have and there's the chance that they could be seen useful and eventually implemented.

4 hours ago, Oleandro said:

As time goes on the game gets repetitive, almost nobody compliments you on the radio, px. some are very unfriendly and even rude, but that's not it that defines everything, it would be a good thing if the developer brought something more than just graphics improvements, brought something innovative for ets2, how about an avatar, how about a replay mod where you can move around like in the real world, to take your friends as a passenger, I don't know maybe it's a crazy idea, but any improvement or innovation would be welcome, each month or cycle. The game is faithful to the truck simulation, at least almost, there are some things to improve. I know you can't meet all people's expectations about the game, but. There are many games that stand out because there are innovations, as time goes by it becomes static, boring, repetitive. Especially in online games. ETS2 has beautiful graphics, beautiful landscapes, and unforgettable simulation played with the steering wheel, it is one of the best I have ever seen. But a hint of some innovations would make this game take off in the online rooms, just my opinion. I'm almost completing all the maps, I already know a lot of places, so far I haven't made any friends, maybe the audience for this game is more introverted. OR, the hour time that I play, there aren't almost no one playing, lol.  Finally, I brought a little criticism to the game, I know it will not change anything, but it is just to open a topic and discuss ideas, I loved this community, I love the game. People are very attentive and like to help, answer questions. at least here in the community. Maybe I will still play for a while, but there comes a time when everything has an end, it is part of life. ?, Try to reach other games simulations, I love driving, and I will always play ets2 but not too oftenly.

Pls don't leave truckersmp and ets2,its one of the best games out in the market.There is no sim driving game that can beat ets2 and truckersmp 

I understand your frustration.

The life of a trucker is repetitive. Even in that regard SCS did a good job.

I myself haven't logged in to multiplayer for months because I am bored by the empty roads throughout Europe. And I'm annoyed by reckless driving players and trolls.

I try to get the most realism out of this simulation. And to do this I need to interact with my surrounding which I can't because there is none. Just a long not ending road which is empty.

And before you ask - no, I refuse to drive up and down the same road all day long just to see trolls and reckless driving players ruin my truck, trailer and cargo.

The TruckersMP team claims to strive for the simulation aspect of the game.
But It will take more than adjusting the speed limit to the real world counterpart.
It will take AI traffic to permanently fill the streets with road traffic.
And It will take server-sided player profiles to stop profile editing and with that to put an end to money, experience and level cheating.

Until then, I continue to enjoy driving in singleplayer, where I can find varying road traffic in every corner of Europe and reasonable driving road traffic participants.

On 5/6/2021 at 3:05 PM, blabberbeak said:

I myself haven't logged in to multiplayer for months because I am bored by the empty roads throughout Europe. And I'm annoyed by reckless driving players and trolls.

From my observation, the most passionate and respectful truckers are those who drive irregular routes and/or in nations that were implemented after release (e.g. France Expansion, Scandinavia). I have given up driving in West Germany-Netherlands not for the constant trolling and reckless driving but also badly designed roads and out of date maps that make the experience unpleasant. Not to mention the mess of Duisburg-Calais. If you're playing during peak hours or up until early midnight there are plenty of truckers left on the roads even in Romania.

On 5/6/2021 at 3:05 PM, blabberbeak said:

And It will take server-sided player profiles to stop profile editing and with that to put an end to money, experience and level cheating.

I hope TruckersMP will take this into consideration. Or at least have an experimental phase. It'd also make Simulation 2 have a purpose other than dividing truckers between 2 servers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Manager

Hello, 

Since this topic has not been replied to for more than fourteen (14) days, I will archive this topic.
We archive topics that are inactive to keep the forums tidy and organized. 

I encourage you to engage in the community later on! Stay healthy.

//Locked and moved to Archive

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

Archived