Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Update 1.40, The New Lighting Engine and Low-End Computers

Sgt. Frames

1.40, The New Lighting Engine and Low-End Computers  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of Computer do you have and how did 1.40 impact your performance?

• I got a Low-End Computer and The update made the game unplayable for me
    • I got a Low-End Computer and The update reduced my framerate but I can still play it
    • I got a Low-End Computer and The update didn't cause any performance drops at all
    • I got a High-End Computer and The update caused a performance drop
    • I got a High-End Computer and The update didn't cause a performance drop
  2. 2. How Much FPS are you getting in TMP on average since 1.40?

• Under 25FPS - The game is now a Diashow
    • 25-30 FPS
    • 31-59 FPS
    • 60-120 FPS
    • Over 120 FPS

I couldn't help but notice, quite a big part of the player base is playing on Hardware that could only run the game on the lowest setting so far, I was curious as to see if the new Update and the more demanding graphics are now totally game breaking for you or if your System can still run it?

I am concerned the new lighting engine may make this game inaccessible to those who especially play with Integrated Graphics

If you aren't sure your PC is Low-End or HighEnd, here is what I consider both to be:

Low-End: Dual-Core or Low Performance Quad-Core CPU, integrated graphics, Low-End GPU such as a GT710 or older GPUs, Under 8GB of RAM

High-End: High Performance Quad-Core or more, Dedicated Gaming GPU, 8GB of RAM or More

(I also wanna say that I am ranking this based on the game requirements, a "Low-End" PC in this poll can still be a capable computer for other uses)

BTW Please also list the Specs of your computer if you know them

Thanks everyone and Happy Trucking!

My PC is handling it well. 

I'm not too sure about the specs (my brother built my pc, and I don't remember a lot of the specs), but the most I know off the top of my head is that my graphics card is a GTX 1060TI, and I have an AMD Ryzen 5 processer., as well as 12 or 16 GB of RAM.

Project Cargo VTC - Driver

Discord: AABattery#8735 | IG: aabatteryets2

Languages:  ???????/??

1.40 actually runs better on my computer for some reason than 1.39 - in fact in every game I play, the higher I put my graphics settings the better it runs for some reason.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g (will be replaced with a Ryzen 5 3600 soon)

GPU: AMD RX580 8gb

RAM: 16gb at 3200 mHz

Stick on a good song, sit back and vibe.

1004651805_TMPSignature.png.86dd3157944e03b174964e8d6a390341.png

Interestingly, I got a new PC before the 1.40 update and decided not to install it until after the update was released.

But by a judgement on FPS at different graphics levels compared to my previous system, I don't think the update would've impacted performance too negatively on low-end systems. 

Old system: 

ASUS R541UJ laptop

i5-7200U

8GB RAM DDR3 1866Mhz

GeForce 920M 2GB

It was a very good update, my PC is handling it well. 

i7 9700F

GTX 1660

32GB RAM

Kind regards
Shining Stars
TruckersMP -Driver

??China Express Transportation Chief Operating Officer??

Languages:   |  ??  ?? | 
Discord:
Shining Stars#4013  | steam| Forums | World of Trucks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived