1.40 Support Released!

Digital

On 4/29/2021 at 9:50 PM, Granite said:

There is a possible problem with all ferry ports in Spain - located in Barcelona, València, Bilbao and Santander.

The non-collision zones only include the ferry itself, where you can safely depart, but when you arrive to any of these ports, you will spawn outside of non-collision zone, right on the road.

You will then have the usual 20 seconds of ghost mode to react, which will be shortened by any loading time your system may require, so act quickly.

Unfortunately, the No Collision Zone function is reliant on what's known as 'prefabs'. These are basically locations that are reused, such as the Services, company depots, and so on. The ports you mention do not use prefabs, except for the ferry itself (which is a prefab).

I presume this won't become a big issue since the player population is generally quieter compared to Duisburg/Calais. If it does, we will review the situation and look for a solution!

Edited by Digital

On 4/30/2021 at 7:28 PM, PheonixInfinityGaming said:

As always you've done an amazing job and we all thank you but, myself and a few of my friends don't seem to have the middle east add on for promods in tmp, we have it on single player but it's just not there! Is this a new issue for just a select few or something being worked on?

Hi, if you are still experiencing issues, please refer to Roccovax's advice, below:

On 5/1/2021 at 3:25 AM, Roccovax said:

The Middle East Addon is actually supported, it just requires the most updated version (2.55a) of the addon.

Thank you for your help. ? 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for this update I was waiting this long and finally can enjoy multiplayer.
Now ETS2 looks fantastic and so realistic is drive.
Big thanks to the developer team for their hard work.?

On 4/29/2021 at 4:51 AM, Digital said:

This No Collision Zone in Duisburg will remain for the foreseeable future.

This is not possible. We must wait until SCS Software releases the full update. Otherwise, we would be wasting time porting the multiplayer client to code that is guaranteed to change during the active development of the update. When the update is complete, we know the code is solid and we can port our multiplayer to the stable build. If we did port multiplayer during the active development, we would have to start from the beginning of the porting process when a new build is created.

Here's an idea. Bare with me, it's pretty out there.

SCS devs give the TMP devs the release version 1-4 weeks ahead of the actual release. Both dev teams agree on a deadline so when ETS2 has a big update, TMP updates alongside it. Best part? Nobody would be the wiser for the delay because SCS announced the release would be X day which is when TMP has its release ready, too!

If you don't honk back, karma will find you.

10 hours ago, Gman95 said:

Here's an idea. Bare with me, it's pretty out there.

SCS devs give the TMP devs the release version 1-4 weeks ahead of the actual release. Both dev teams agree on a deadline so when ETS2 has a big update, TMP updates alongside it. Best part? Nobody would be the wiser for the delay because SCS announced the release would be X day which is when TMP has its release ready, too!

It's not really possible, because SCS will want to release the update as soon as it's ready. It's not viable for them to delay it a couple of weeks for our modification (or any other).

I thank the developer team for their hard work ❤️ 

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

@RachelTownsend In this article you can see how to set your game to the supported version: https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/26. If it's already on None (Betas) and you can see 1.40.x.x when running SP, scroll back to the last part of the article "If your game already has the correct version" and follow the steps there.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Translation Manager

Hello Digital,

First, I would like to thank you for keeping us informed.

I have two specific questions for you. My first question is about the reflection problem in scout car. Will this issue be resolved with the upcoming updates? Or is there no possible solution to solve efficiently this issue?

And my other question is about AI Weekly Vehicles. Will you keep all of those vehicles permanently on TruckersMP servers? Do you have any specific plans for those vehicles?

I sincerely appreciate what you've done for us. I want to heartily thank you and to game devs.

Sincerely,
Next7

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Next7 said:

I have two specific questions for you. My first question is about the reflection problem in scout car. Will this issue be resolved with the upcoming updates? Or is there no possible solution to solve efficiently this issue?

This should be resolved in an upcoming update, which focuses on patching a lot of Scout-related issues. ? 

17 hours ago, Next7 said:

And my other question is about AI Weekly Vehicles. Will you keep all of those vehicles permanently on TruckersMP servers? Do you have any specific plans for those vehicles?

Right now, the plan is to rotate the vehicles every two weeks, to give more variety on the roads. I like to see this particular project with an open mind, so our plans could change slightly, in the near future. For example, we are yet to implement this project to American Truck Simulator, and so on.

Thanks for your questions!

• HaulieLove 1
  • Woah! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tick not to participate in any beta program on Steam and make the version of the game 1.40.3.25s.

You probably did the update automatically and your version is 1.40.4.8.

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

8 minutes ago, Lena' said:

Tick not to participate in any beta program on Steam and make the version of the game 1.40.3.25s.

You probably did the update automatically and your version is 1.40.4.8.

Steam performs updates automatically .. But what should we do? He and I are not the only ones who have the same problem.