Hot topic #36: Alternating Vehicles!

Owen.

Hello everyone! Welcome to the 36th instalment of our Hot Topic. 

For this instalment we want to gather people's thoughts and opinions on one of the most recent projects within TruckersMP: Alternating Vehicles. ?

What do you think so far? Have you participated in the voting? Have you been driving the new vehicles?

Feel free to let us know your thoughts below!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5
  • HaulieLove 1

I think it makes the game more fun and realistic. So we can feel like we would in real life. I love these cars. I was driving every alternate vehicle, also i was participating in the voting, but the interior could be added to these cars. I understand when it couldn't been added, but it would just make it nicer to drive.

• Like 2

We're very happy with the tools in the game. But when many players use these tools for troll purposes, I don't think our thoughts about these tools are very good.

The vehicles are absolutely perfect. I take great pleasure in riding.

I think you should uninstall SuperB tools for driver. Only admins should use it. New vehicles are being added all the time. Drivers can use them.

• Like 1

┌─────────────── • ✧✧ • ────────────────┐

TruckersMP Driver

▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒  GökBörü ™  ▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃ 

»» ———- Quality İs Not A Coincidence ———- ««

VTC

└─────────────── • ✧✧ • ────────────────┘

TruckersFM - 0:35 ━❍──────── -5: 32 ↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺ VOLUME: ▂▃▄▅▆▇ % 100  

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Scanva Diesel A/S said:

We're very happy with the tools in the game. But when many players use these tools for troll purposes, I don't think our thoughts about these tools are very good.

I understand what you are saying but what I want to point out is that even if there were no cars in the game at all, these collisions would still happen with trucks so the situation would not change - just the vehicle that is used. But our moderation team are working their hardest to handle those who break our rules. ? 

20 minutes ago, DJ Jefferz said:

I wish the vehicles were not removed after.

I hear you! The cars are really nice, but then I suppose they would not be alternating ?

my only issue with these vehicles is i noticed as of 1.40 that one of the vehicles didn't revert back to a Scania R(2009) like the scout car does and like other normal truck mods do it's stuck in my garage as a N/A and if i even click on it my game crashes to desktop because of it so i cant even sell it to open up a garage slot for a truck so i think future vehicles need to have that same ability to turn back into a stock 2009 Scania R when you use your profile outside of MP also would it hurt to maybe use some different interiors than just the scout car interior cause it seems like you can make the engines sound different and the vehicle handle different but skimp on the interior and reuse the basic scout car interior

4i21k0-5.png

I voted for every alternating vehicle poll up to now. I am very satisfied with the decision to implement new vehicles, because I think it spices up the just a little bit more.

I personally don't mind the same interior as the scout is. What I kind of would want to see is that cars/personal vehicles could drive a little faster than trucks.

The limit for trucks is 110 km/h outside of the city. Maybe the cars could be allowed up to 130 km/h. It's just a thought that you maybe even already considered but found a valid reason why not to do it.

TruckersMP driver

----------------------------------

Jonek1999

Discord: Jonek1999#2290

VTC: Alle Group

20 hours ago, bryangullickson said:

my only issue with these vehicles is i noticed as of 1.40 that one of the vehicles didn't revert back to a Scania R(2009) like the scout car does and like other normal truck mods do it's stuck in my garage as a N/A and if i even click on it my game crashes to desktop because of it so i cant even sell it to open up a garage slot for a truck so i think future vehicles need to have that same ability to turn back into a stock 2009 Scania R when you use your profile outside of MP also would it hurt to maybe use some different interiors than just the scout car interior cause it seems like you can make the engines sound different and the vehicle handle different but skimp on the interior and reuse the basic scout car interior

I think skimp is the wrong word here. To ask our voluntary add-on team to create an interior for four vehicles within a week or so period is quite the ask and to make an interior is rather complicated. As far as I am aware the sounds for these vehicles are already curated or are much more simple to gain (I am not knowledgeable in the add-on creation of these vehicles). So I hope this answers your question - we would if we could see it as a viable thing to do but it is not really that simple. 

3 hours ago, Jonek1999 said:

I voted for every alternating vehicle poll up to now. I am very satisfied with the decision to implement new vehicles, because I think it spices up the just a little bit more.

I personally don't mind the same interior as the scout is. What I kind of would want to see is that cars/personal vehicles could drive a little faster than trucks.

The limit for trucks is 110 km/h outside of the city. Maybe the cars could be allowed up to 130 km/h. It's just a thought that you maybe even already considered but found a valid reason why not to do it.

This is not really in line with the discussion but there is a speed limit that is server wide I don't think it is possible to differ this between vehicles - this is more of a developer question. You could possibly suggest this on the forums but I can't guarantee it will be done or is possible to be done. 

I was very pleased to see these added to the game, my only complaint is that the voting platform seems to change a lot, I would like it to be on the FORUM or Discord ONLY, that is just my opinion, because I could not vote for the Jeep alternating vehicle, as I do not have Twitter and also, I believe that the vehicles should have more realistic controls, or at least, the mirrors match that of the real height.  It can make it difficult to see if there is anyone behind you.

But still, overall GREAT change.   #TMP7

Kind regards,

Mirage2357

For now the alternating cars are a nice test if your CarMod is working ot not.

But after this Test i want to see all of this car ingame and usable for more variation on the road.

I like this cars really much, especially the car which looked like a VW Passat, because i like station wagons and because it has a trailer hitch.
Till now the Skoda Octavia looking car is the only permanent car on the Server with a trailer hitch and it is not really diversified.

Windows 10Pro - Intel i7 11700k - MSI Z590 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi -  NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 2TB 860 EVO - 1TB 860 EVO -

750W BeQuiet Straight Power E11 CM - Fractal Design Define XL R2 - 2x16GB Corsair Vengance 3600MHz

The arrival of alternative vehicles is very good in terms of diversity. But since most people drive from the first-person camera, it feels very boring every time in skoda interior. ?

On 4/26/2021 at 5:45 PM, Mirage2357 said:

I was very pleased to see these added to the game, my only complaint is that the voting platform seems to change a lot, I would like it to be on the FORUM or Discord ONLY, that is just my opinion, because I could not vote for the Jeep alternating vehicle, as I do not have Twitter and also, I believe that the vehicles should have more realistic controls, or at least, the mirrors match that of the real height.  It can make it difficult to see if there is anyone behind you.

But still, overall GREAT change.   #TMP7

Kind regards,

Mirage2357

We swap our vehicle votes so that the community can vote across different platforms. I understand why it may be frustrating but there are some people who may only have Twitter and so on - we have to cater for everyone I am afraid ? 

11 hours ago, Munin666 [GER] said:

For now the alternating cars are a nice test if your CarMod is working ot not.

But after this Test i want to see all of this car ingame and usable for more variation on the road.

I like this cars really much, especially the car which looked like a VW Passat, because i like station wagons and because it has a trailer hitch.
Till now the Skoda Octavia looking car is the only permanent car on the Server with a trailer hitch and it is not really diversified.

I do not believe that all of these cars will be added. Currently the alternating vehicles are a fun feature that change bi-weekly to keep people entertained. It would not be viable to add all of these cars to the game permanently as it would add so much more time to a game update. We will see ? 

9 hours ago, Mary Jackson said:

The arrival of alternative vehicles is very good in terms of diversity. But since most people drive from the first-person camera, it feels very boring every time in skoda interior. ?

As I have explained many times before the interior being custom is not viable, we cannot really ask our voluntary add-on team to create an interior for four cars (because we do not know which car will win) and ask them to make them in a two week or less period whilst the vote is going on. So as a result it is better to have some sort of interior rather than none at all. I hope this answers your question ?

Hey @Owen.,

The arrival of these vehicles was a huge change because we were already using the vehicles that were already in the game and we were bored after a certain time.

I have participated in all the voting so far, but I just did not participate in the vote on Twitter because I do not have a Twitter account.

Yes, I use new coming vehicles, though not very often.

Best regards,

Dragonfly

11 hours ago, [EG] lohnu said:

Personally, I find it a bit unnecessary to bring new vehicles into the game, since it is a truck simulator and not the highway simulator.

I can understand your thoughts on this to be honest and I think a lot of people may share them. What I would say is that at TruckersMP we always look for ways to keep people entertained and I think driving a truck all the time can get a bit tiresome and boring, obviously this is not the case for you - which is great. However, some people really enjoy the new vehicles and so I suppose it is all about your own personal opinion. Though I appreciate you sharing your opinion! ?