[Suggestion/Open Discussion] License: For the Better Online Multiplayer Truck Simulation Experience

wen_nug

Hi, firstly first, I'm really new to Truckers MP. So, I'm sorry if my idea has already been discussed before.

The Background:

My first hour on Truckers MP experience was bad. I got rammed twice by troll. Report? Yes, I know but I've read some topics related to this issue posted years ago and it seems this common problem has been there for years, probably since the earliest days of Truckers MP. I find it requires a extra effort just to report because of some reasons such as recording and waiting for the report to be submitted by admins. I'd rather do extra stuff to prevent unwanted trolls to happen rather than doing reports as a reaction after getting trolled.

I don't see much troll in real life as much as in video games. Video game is different from real life. In real life, if everyone needs to think twice or probably many times before trolling because it will costs money, or even life. In video games, if we really want to be a troll, we can just do it without losing many things irl.

The Idea:

License system to enter specific server. This could be controversial but I think it's better this way (this is where we should discuss about this).

There are various servers. Personally I'm into simulation rather than arcade. The only reason entering simulation server is, of course, to drive truck just like in real life and hopefully there will be at least less troll. This is truck simulator, not flatout or derby and all that jazz.

I think a specific type of server requires specific license or permission upon entering. License is what crossed in my mind. Just like in real life, you need a specific driving license for specific type of vehicle in order to be allowed to use.

We need to pass some kind of test in order to get the license. That's it, this is where admins can prevent trolls rather than tired of kicking, banning and receiving reports. I won't say report and banning is useless. They're are still good to punish those who don't follow the rules.

I'm sure even people with license can potentially become a troll and if that happens, they will have to lose their license and if they want to get it again, they need to do another test. I don't think trolls would spend their time repeating tasks over and over again just to be able to troll again.

--

Oh yeah, I haven't mentioned the implementation, but I'll cut it here for now cause I'm not prepared enough to write everything in my mind. I hope this covers the main idea I've been thinking. I really hope this could be a thing in the future for the better world of online multiplayer truck simulation experience. 

Sorry my bad English. Greetings from Indonesia?

44 minutes ago, wen_nug said:

嗨,首先,我真的是Truckers MP的新手。因此,对不起,如果我之前已经讨论过我的想法。

背景:

我在Truckers MP经历的第一个小时很糟糕。我被巨魔两次撞了。报告?是的,我知道,但是我已经阅读了几年前发布的与此问题相关的一些主题,而且似乎这个常见问题已经存在多年了,这可能是从Truckers MP成立以来最早的。我发现由于某些原因(例如记录并等待管理员提交报告),仅需要报告就需要付出额外的精力。我宁愿做一些额外的事情来防止发生不需要的巨魔,而不是在被巨魔诱捕后做出报告。

我发现现实生活中的巨魔不如电子游戏那么多。电子游戏不同于现实生活。在现实生活中,如果每个人都需要在拖钓之前三思而后行,或者可能要三思而后行,因为这将花费金钱甚至生命。在视频游戏中,如果我们真的想成为一个巨魔,我们就可以做到而不会失去很多东西。

想法:

许可证系统进入特定的服务器。这可能会引起争议,但我认为这样更好(这是我们应该讨论的地方)。

有各种服务器。我个人是模拟而不是街机游戏。进入模拟服务器的唯一原因当然是像现实生活中那样驾驶卡车,并希望至少会有更少的巨魔。这是卡车模拟器,而不是全垒打,德比和所有爵士乐。

我认为特定类型的服务器在进入时需要特定的许可证或许可。执照是我的主意。就像在现实生活中一样,您需要针对特定类型的车辆具有特定的驾驶执照才能使用。

我们需要通过某种测试才能获得许可证。就是这样,管理员可以在这里阻止 巨魔,而不必厌烦踢,禁止和接收报告。我不会说举报和禁止是没有用的。他们仍然可以很好地惩罚那些不遵守规则的人。

我敢肯定,即使拥有许可证的人也有可能成为巨魔,如果发生这种情况,他们将不得不失去许可证,并且如果他们想再次获得许可证,则需要进行另一项测试。我不认为巨魔会花费自己的时间一遍又一遍地重复任务,只是为了能够再次巨魔。

As a player, I am sure that the reporting system you mentioned is very convenient and convenient, you can use it directly, and the license you mentioned will undoubtedly increase the workload of staff and developers, and there are many people You will be banned from entering the game due to unskilled operations or other things. More servers are a burden in some respects. If you think that some players have affected your gaming experience, you can enter the A server to enjoy no speed limit And there is no player collision gameplay, so there will be no such troubles and problems!

My opinion may not be accurate, please point out any errors! I wish you a happy game!

Kind Regards
Wallace W

Misty Island - TruckersMP - Player

Ascend Cargo | Driver

image.png.a2948cf0c580647219b26e02d549447a.png

Language : Chinese ; English ; Russian ; German

Report a player | Appeal a ban | Open a support ticket

Regards and have fun ❤️

1 minute ago, Wallace W said:

As a player, I am sure that the reporting system you mentioned is very convenient and convenient, you can use it directly, and the license you mentioned will undoubtedly increase the workload of staff and developers, and there are many people You will be banned from entering the game due to unskilled operations or other things. More servers are a burden in some respects. If you think that some players have affected your gaming experience, you can enter the A server to enjoy no speed limit And there is no player collision gameplay, so there will be no such troubles and problems!

My opinion may not be accurate, please point out any errors! I wish you a happy game!

Kind Regards
Wallace W

thank you Wallace. No collision? Which server is it? I think I might try that. That would change the whole experience tho. Traffic is indeed a thing that build the game more immersive. No collision does solve the problem with trolls.

Right, there will be a lot of workarounds to the dev, sadly. 

1分钟前,wen_nug说:

谢谢华莱士。没有碰撞?它是哪台服务器?我想我可以尝试一下。那将改变整个经验。流量确实可以使游戏对准身临其境的感觉。没有冲突确实可以解决巨魔的问题。

是的,遗憾的是,开发人员将有很多解决方法。 

Arcade server, where no players collide

Kind Regards
Wallace W

Misty Island - TruckersMP - Player

Ascend Cargo | Driver

image.png.a2948cf0c580647219b26e02d549447a.png

Language : Chinese ; English ; Russian ; German

Report a player | Appeal a ban | Open a support ticket

Regards and have fun ❤️

A license or formalizing requirements to drive on a specific server will not impact the behavior of someone whose primary intent is to disrupt another player's game, or be noticed by causing a disturbance. Unless a server with extremely strict rules, such as - If you are reported once and it was found that the intent of the act committed was to cause the disruption of another's gameplay, then you will be immediately banned from the server - that might make that specific server a bit more peaceful. Might...

But then again, that's why we have arcade servers. :thisisfine:

2 minutes ago, Startle_The_Heavens_xX said:

A license or formalizing requirements to drive on a specific server will not impact the behavior of someone whose primary intent is to disrupt another player's game, or be noticed by causing a disturbance. Unless a server with extremely strict rules, such as - If you are reported once and it was found that the intent of the act committed was to cause the disruption of another's gameplay, then you will be immediately banned from the server - that might make that specific server a bit more peaceful. Might...

Thank you for responding. I completely agree with your opinion. License doesn't guarantee total peacefulness but I'm so sure it will give a smaller room for trolls to squeeze into the server. I aware that totally peaceful server isn't real but at least we can give less room to trolls. I'm imagining a security gate to prevent potential trolls here.

I would love to have such a feature but it's just not feasible. There are over 4 million users which would then need to be able to somehow take this test (granted, a much lower number is active, but still). The staff team you would need for that has to be huge, and that's just impossible. 

spacer.png

Pries Logistics | Discord | Website | Insta | Twitter | Facebook

Hello @wen_nug,

Firstly, thank for the your great idea. I like the idea, but it seems difficult to switch to such a system. Also, I agree with @Colored_Greens.

Best regards, pofii.

q1MsQT6.png

Languages: I TR I EN |  Discord: pofii

TR | Kurallar | Ban İtirazı | Destek Sistemi | Raporlama Sistemi | Geri Bildirim

EN | Rules | Ban Appeal | Support System | Report System | Feedback |

1797472539_TMP.png.e59ae11c070d542b6b8fb 

Hi @Colored_Greens, thank you so much for responding. You're so damn right and I agree everyone doesn't have to take the test. Apparently the license is tied to specified to certain server. So everyone doesn't have to take the test; good news I guess. I'm sure people here has their own motivation to play and they must have their own chosen server. Once again, only if you want to be in the particular server, you'll have to be certified and hold the license. If you want to play in the other server that doesn't need the specific license, that's okay.

Test isn't the only way to get the license. As I aware there are tons of people who already played this game for a long time, they should be granted with license. If there are records of each of us playing, it will also help cause we can understand the log of their activity (I'm not sure if this thing even exists). Let's say, there are some kind of grades or reputation points. You'll get points as you play, and you'll lose points if you break rules. I'm no programmer but assuming there's log, we can check when they driving wrong way, passing red light, severe collision or else (as far as I know ETS2 does time based checks to fine the player whenever they commit traffic violation). Those things, if only we can route the data from the log or record of the game. And as the actual online experience, each time we got kicked, it will also affects the points we have earned.

The grades will also make it easier to group certain people to have access to certain servers. Let's say if we want to be able to play to the more safer (from trolls) server, we'll have to earn more points to level up our grade cause there will be restrictions to lower graders. (I know it's a bit lost of focus, I use the word grade as an alternative way to earn license, so I'm still not sure which one is the best option)

Well, I guess I'm being too technical. Sorry. Anyway, the point is there are many ways we can do to make this virtual world a better place. I'm sure of it. Hope you catch my idea.

Hi @pofii, glad to hear your positive response and thanks for that. Yes, it might be a pain in the ass to get this system to happen, but we're here to discuss the most efficient way to give no room to trolls. I will probably add more details or ideas as we discuss further just like another idea I received when responding to Colored_Greens about grade and points. It's just an idea tho, but let's hope we can build a better world of online multiplayer trucking.

8 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Licenses and test as a requirement to join the community and/ or certain servers have been suggested in the past. To my knowledge none of them were accepted. Likely for the reasons that @Colored_Greens pointed out in his post.

Hi blabberbeak, thanks for telling me that.

So the main problem here is we need a lot to do in order to achieve this. I wonder if there is more possible way to give less room to trolls. I'll keep thinking about this and hopefully we'll get the idea.

As mentioned above we dont have the staff to manually have someone do tests with people. We could of cause make like a form you have to fill out and then it will automatically check if you have the correct answers, but then someone could just post the answers on the internet somewhere so everyone could copy them. And in order to work against that we would need to have staff members always changing the answers and questions. And then it comes back to us not having the staff to do so. And all the tests would probably need to be translated into many different languages. And it would just require a lot of work and time that i dont think we can give it.  And as you say yourself, it wouldent stop someone from trolling once they get onto the server anyway. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived