Low fps

CayroMx4

Question

Hello, for some time now, I have had quite a lot of fps drops for several months. Before that it was a few fps (it happened after going from 1.40 to 1.39). After some time I decided to move the euro truck simulator 2 folder from the documents (OneDrive) to another place. It even worked, even though ets re-made the folder in the documents itself. Then I thought about the launch options so that the folder will automatically be created where I want. It was fine at first, then it happened again. Apparently it can increase performance but I don't know how to do it. The graphics do not look good though and not too bad, outside the city after 35 fps, however, when I automatically enter a city that is even and empty fps immediately drop. There can be 3-5 people in the city, and yet the fps is dropping. Previously, I could easily stay in cities up to 20 people. I play on a dedicated graphics card (I checked it + in the settings I have set to high performance) I was looking for various guides, disabling fullscreen optimization made the situation worse, I deleted unnecessary files, used ccleaner, I also fumbled with truckersmp settings to improve performance. I always have high priority etc. My "potato" specifications below. 8 gb ram ddr4 256 GB SSD Graphics card dedicated to AMD Radeon 540 and  vega 8. Processor: AMD ryzen 2500U, 8 cores.

12 answers to this question

Hello there, @CayroMx4

First you can reset windows then clean the fans clean the graphic card and processor apply new thermal paste check your graphic card update's every weeks and when playing mp don't run any app on the background just open the game.

Last one thing if you're not playing the game close to Europe continent you have too much ping and that's gonna effect the fps. 

Best Regards

[G-T-R]GrayWolf

Hello there! 

Firstly, I wanna ask if you did some graphics update, because it could be cause by that, if the driver is bad set. Or it can be some betaversion of the graphics driver.

I must say, its interesting, but i will try to help you as I can ?. As second I would ask you what areas of the map are you traveling when it drops? 

For me, I would recommend you maybe turn off "Load cabin accessories" and also "Load Flags ^. Maybe it wont help too much but helpful, but maybe yes. 

Also, try to check this settings: 

In - game 

- Enable Vsync  - is always better to having a Stable FPS Rate around 60 than often a Jumping between 180 till 45 or lower.

- Set Scale to 200% could be less 125%

- Disable MLAA

- Disable DOF

- Set all following Quality Settings to hight, it do not have everything on max quallity - it depends on your components in your PC

- Disable Anisotropic Filtering by moving the Slider to the left Side.

TruckersMP Launcher -  try unclick some of them as Cabin Accesories in another trucks, Flags, and draw distance reduce to min. 

- Development Logging  

- Smoothing Distance

- Load Cabin Accessoires

- Load Flags

- Aditional Lights

- Draw Distance 

Also please remember, that FPS will drop dramaticlly if you are close or passing a really busy area, once you have crossed the area you will be fine,

As last step you can try to re-install your graphics drivers ?  + TruckersMP Launcher (clear instalation or with using F1 in launcher)

Have a nice day! 

Good luck! 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,165hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

1 hour ago, .RedWolf. said:

Witam! 

Po pierwsze, chcę zapytać, czy wykonałeś jakąś aktualizację karty, ponieważ może to być pytanie tym, jeśli sterownik jest źle rozumiana. Lub może być wersja beta sterownika graficznej.

Muszę powiedzieć, że to interes, ale postaram się pomóc, jak tylko będę mógł ?. Po drugie, chciałbym zapytać,  jakie obszary mapy podróżujesz, gdy spada? 

Dla mnieiłiłbym może przyjrzeć się "Załaduj akcesoria do kabiny" oraz "Załaduj flagi ^. Może to zbytnio nie pomoże, ale pomoże, ale radz może tak. 

Sprawdź też sprawdź te ustawienia: 

W grze 

- Włącz Vsync - zawsze lepiej jest mieć stabilną częstość klatek na sekundę około 60 niż często skakanie między 180 a 45 lub mniej.

- Ustaw wartość na 200% może być mniejszy 125%

- Wyłącz MLAA

- Wyłącz DOF

- Ustaw wszystkie poniższe ustawienia na wysokie, nie ma wszystkiego na świecie - zależy to od komponentów w twoim komputerze

- Wyłącz filtrowanie anizotropowe, przesuwając suwak w lewą stronę.

TruckersMP Launcher - gdy próbować spróbować niektóre z nich, w innych dolinach dostępne akcesoria do kabin, flagi, a odległość rysowania zmniejsz do min. 

- Rejestrowanie rozwoju  

- Odległość wygładzania

- Akcesoria do kabiny ładunkowej

- Flagi oblężenia

- Dodatkowe światła

- odległość do Narysuj 

Pamiętaj też, że FPS dramatycznie spadnie, jeśli będziesz blisko lub mijasz bardzo ruchliwy obszar, po przekroczeniu tego obszaru wszystko będzie dobrze,

Jako ostatni możesz spróbować ponownie zainstalować ?  instalacje + TruckersMP Launcher (czysta instalacja lub użycie F1 w programie uruchamiającym)

Miłego dnia! 

Powodzenia! 

I tried your solution, after it in the city of Zurich with no more than 3 people I have about 25 fps. I used to have grass density details for high details high vegetation, high texture, 100% scaling, anisotropic filtering at 1/3 of the mirror range to medium, and low mirror quality. low weather, HDR on, DOF, ssao off and low smaa or something like that. Tried to disable flags, accessories, reduce draw distance etc which has helped in areas where more players are involved. With no one there, I have a steady 40fps, when even 1 player fits, it goes down to 35fps right away. Likewise, when I drive into an empty city. The worst situation is in Germany, where there are the most players. I don't even mention Duisburg and Calais, I haven't even gone there since I changed versions. I could reduce the settings, but I also care about quality. Sometimes when I turn on truckersmp I can't see my profile, I only see it when I go into SP before a game. It started when I created the Euro truck simulator 2 folder elsewhere, but the game itself creates it in the documents (on disk if affected) I did update anyway, but it was some time ago. I updated the drivers of the radeon 540, after updating it I got a bluescreen. but then it was ok.

Sorry for my english

Have a nice day!

Hello there,

Try these:

• Press your Tab button -> go to Settings,
  • Uncheck Load Cabin Accessories and Use Fast Loading of models,
  • General -> Development Logging -> Disable,
  • Drivers animation -> Disable,
  • After you did that just click on Apply and ok -> Restart your Game,
  • You can see 2 pictures

develop.png

• Keep the display board up to date.
  • Make sure that an application that forces the processor does not work in the null,
  • As you enter the game, you may find it easier to play the game by closing the antivirus and unnecessary programs,
  • Delete useless folders with ccleaner or clean master of pc programs,
  • Take care not to play in busy areas(Duisburg and calais city etc).

This topics will help you: 

Kind Regards, 
Mehmet [24]

2 hours ago, Mehmet [24] said:

Hello there,

Try these:

• Press your Tab button -> go to Settings,
  • Uncheck Load Cabin Accessories and Use Fast Loading of models,
  • General -> Development Logging -> Disable,
  • Drivers animation -> Disable,
  • After you did that just click on Apply and ok -> Restart your Game,
  • You can see 2 pictures

develop.png

• Keep the display board up to date.
  • Make sure that an application that forces the processor does not work in the null,
  • As you enter the game, you may find it easier to play the game by closing the antivirus and unnecessary programs,
  • Delete useless folders with ccleaner or clean master of pc programs,
  • Take care not to play in busy areas(Duisburg and calais city etc).

This topics will help you: 

Kind Regards, 
Mehmet [24]

Truckersmp settings helped a little, especially in places with more people. How can I check if the application is not running in zero mode? And how can I create a permanent folder in a folder other than documents, so that it is created automatically in that folder each time. However, I try not to lower the settings completely to zero to keep the graphics nice. I know my gear is not the best but it should be able to do it on higher settings. greetings

4 hours ago, maksch said:

Hello there! ?

Has your problem been solved with the above solution suggestions?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum always organized!

I await your return!

Sincerely,
maksch
TruckersMP - Support

Still not the best liquidity. These solutions helped a bit, but I still experience declines. I have up to 35-40 fps 

with strange drops to 30 fps  for sp. However, how can I check if an application is running in zero mode etc? I also noticed that lags most often occur where there are a lot of buildings, roads, etc. For example in a city with 0 people but a lot of buildings, I had about 29 fps there. When players on the highway passed me every now and then, the game "stopped for a moment" + there was a drop in fps. Can I fix it somehow? Sorry for my english

greetings

Some other small steps that can help

1. If you've wallpaper engine installed or any other apps that animate your background wallpaper disable it as apps like this are known to cause FPS drops on games.
  2. If you've discord or any other apps that use “Hardware Acceleration" disable it as having Hardware Acceleration enable use your GPU to make apps run smoother.

Hopeful this steps I listed above helps you out wish you the best of luck.

On 4/15/2021 at 8:41 PM, [G-T-R]GrayWolf said:

Hello there, @CayroMx4

First you can reset windows then clean the fans clean the graphic card and processor apply new thermal paste check your graphic card update's every weeks and when playing mp don't run any app on the background just open the game.

Last one thing if you're not playing the game close to Europe continent you have too much ping and that's gonna effect the fps. 

Best Regards

[G-T-R]GrayWolf

I guess that should help. I haven't cleaned my laptop for a year, it seems to be the right time to do it. I hope it will help.

• Upvote 1

Hello there! 

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.

Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

You have 1 week to contact us.

I hope you understand. 

Thanks to all participation.  ? 

Sincerely,
Winter~ | Support
TruckersMP Team

//Locked and Moved to Inactive

Hello there! :)   

Since you marked a best answer, I will go ahead and move this topic to solve topics. 

If you have anymore issue in the future, feel free to contact us again 

Sincerely,
Beenz.
TruckersMP - Support 

//Locked and moved to Solved Topics 

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️