Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Multiplayer Profile Not Found

RixLite

Question

Hello everybody!

Recently, I have gotten a new PC (a 3070)! However, with the new PC, I lost the saved data that I had on American Truck Simulator/TruckersMP. I had around 15ish garages and 14 million dollars at the time I last played, but upon getting the new PC, my profile was not saved. In other words, I lost a lot of progress made in this game. I have tried to reinstall old saved files of the game thru the Steam Cloud website (https://store.steampowered.com/account/remotestorageapp/), but that has not worked. As well, I have doubled and triple checked that I had Steam Cloud enabled for both the game and TruckersMP, but still no progress!

Any help would be useful because I really enjoy the game! 

6 answers to this question

Hello there,

regarding your problem I'd like to suggest you the following:

1. Completely re-install TruckersMP

• First you need to go to C:\Programdata and delete the "TruckersMP" folder
  • In your local documents you need to delete the "ETS2MP" (and if necessary "ATSMP") folder
  • Open your windows startmenu and type in "programs and features" there you search for the "TruckersMP Launcher" and deinstall it
  • Now you can download the TMP launcher here again: https://truckersmp.com/download
  • After you downloaded the installer, run it as administrator and follow the steps for the installation

For further information and to make sure, that you choose the correct path you can have a look on this article: https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/147

2. Check your profile / savegames

First of all it would be good to know if you have the Steam-Cloud enabled in your ETS 2 / ATS profile or not? To check this you can start ETS 2 / ATS in Steam and when it comes that you have to choose your profile click on "edit" and look if the box for the Steam-Cloud is marked (= enabled) or not (= disabled).

You can find all your savegames in your local documents -> Euro Truck Simulator 2 / American Truck Simulator.

• Steam-Cloud is enabled -> "steam_profiles"
  • Steam-Cloud is disabled -> "profiles"

In case you are playing Singleplayer as well as Multiplayer I'd highly recommend you to have at least one profile for each of it (especially when you use mods in Singleplayer).

Guide for money / xp mod:

Guide for copying profiles:

Hopefully I could help you to solve your problem and I wish you a wonderful day! 

Kind Regards, 
Mehmet [24]

Hello there! 

Firstly, I want to ask you, have you still your old PC? Have you access to your PC. I need if you could look at your old PC into Documents - Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder - and there should be a folder called steam_profiles. If yes, then open a folder and copy a profil and send it via one drive for example and copy into new computer ? You can look at my screenshot ^^

If you have uninstalled a game and delete every files around ETS2 from your previous computer, then unfortunately I must say, you have to create a new one. I recommend do not use steam cloud, just save your profil on desktop. Because when you will re-install a game, then you can find it easily and copy it again to your ETS2 folder

You can also donwload some save profile from internet - mods for multiplayer - if you do not wanna start from level 0 

I hope, my answer was helpful) 

Good Luck! 

Have a nice day

Steam-profiles.PNG

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,165hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Hello @RixLite,

Thank you for using the forum for any queries you may have. 

As mentioned above by @Mehmet [24] & @.RedWolf.It can be relatively tricky to retrieve data since you have got a relatively new setup. If you still have access to your old pc by any chance you are able to save your ETS2/ATS profile, and put in a location such as onedrive or even email it yourself, and then move your old profile to the profiles folder which is located in THIS PC > Documents > Euro Truck Simulator 2 > profiles. 

If you no longer hace access to your old pc, it is highly unlikely you will be able to retrieve any data - and will need to be forced to start a new profile. 

I hope you understand, and I look forward in your response, so we put this topic in the correct section of the forum. 

Best Regards, 

Rico

Greetings,

A frequent back-up is also recommended. You can paste a profilefile in any dropbox, for example Google Drive or Dropbox. As long as you dont forget your logindata, its safe. 

I would recommend doing this once a week. This because if something goes wrong, or you get a new PC and forget about it, you lose it again. Not sure when you can actually really really be in need of it, but when you do you have it and know where to find it. Also, what my fellow members said above is not bad either, I would use it for future use.

I hope my reaction or the one of others helped you furthur. If not, dont hesitate to contact me on Discord! 

If you would like to ask something else, you can reply here or ask your question('s) at your fellow members. 

I wish you a pleasant day.

With kind regards,

Alexman1993

Owner Maas B.V. 'The Power of Freight'

841736614_Screenshot2021-04-16104739.png.d0860bfade2abf16f384d7aee21824d0.png

Hello there! 

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.

Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

You have 1 week to contact us.

I hope you understand. 

Thanks to all participation. 

Kind Regards,
TheRealKing
TruckersMP - Support

//Locked and Moved to Inactive