1.40 Development Update

Digital

I'm looking forward to update. good job guy's

Kind regards
                                          adrianus_TMP_[NLD]

TruckerMP-Veteran Driver

Discord  forum

Nice! Finally some information. It wasn't hard, was it? And yet again you bring a moderate amount of uncertains and missed oportunities. Let's see:

"... although the TruckersMP Team consists of over 230 members, it's only our two Game Developers that have the knowledge..." - Why don't you invite more people to help those 2 with the proper knowedge and training? This game is world wide popular. Is it that hard to find IT entusiasts? 

"Has the new lighting system affected the multiplayer porting process?
No, the updated lighting system introduced in 1.40 has not affected multiplayer in a substantial way. There are, however, some minor issues with our Scout vehicle's headlights/beacons, which will be resolved for our update.
" - If lighting is no problem to do, why not update to 1.40 and do Iberia and Scout after that? The cars are a menace/buggy anyway and most players don't even drive them. In other words - it won't be a big miss to turn them off for a while

"Why are you focusing on creating official events, instead of working on the new version?" - why indeed... There are no lasting benefits or good memories from participating in these anyway.

Sorry for my English, I'm not native to it.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Борислав said:

Nice! Finally some information. It wasn't hard, was it? And yet again you bring a moderate amount of uncertains and missed oportunities. Let's see:

"... although the TruckersMP Team consists of over 230 members, it's only our two Game Developers that have the knowledge..." - Why don't you invite more people to help those 2 with the proper knowedge and training? This game is world wide popular. Is it that hard to find IT entusiasts? 

No, the updated lighting system introduced in 1.40 has not affected multiplayer in a substantial way. There are, however, some minor issues with our Scout vehicle's headlights/beacons, which will be resolved for our update.
" - If lighting is no problem to do, why not update to 1.40 and do Iberia and Scout after that? The cars are a menace/buggy anyway and most players don't even drive them. In other words - it won't be a big miss to turn them off for a while

"Why are you focusing on creating official events, instead of working on the new version?" - why indeed... There are no lasting benefits or good memories from participating in these anyway.

Hey there, 

The information provided does indeed include uncertainties, we cannot provide a 100% accurate answer because if there are unforeseen problems in development then we do not want to lie to you, we are fully transparent and honest that we do not know for sure - we have given the answers to the questions we do know and this does provide a lot of clarity on the issue.

I just wanted to shed some light on some of the comments that you have made. Firstly, if it was so simple to get more game developers - I assure you, we would. However, people with the ability and knowledge to help out our current developers are limited, particularly those who are willing to do it for free. I know you might say, "why don't you use the money from Patron?", but I would direct you to the average salary in a corporate job for someone with this knowledge - they are making a lot of money and it would be unreasonable for them to stop doing that to work for TruckersMP, for free. An IT enthusiast is completely different to someone with the knowledge we need; if we wanted to "train" someone for it, then it would take even longer to get these updates out. 

These issues with the scout car will be resolved whilst we have the opportunity to solve them, there are a considerable amount of players who enjoy the Scout and it would be unfair for us to delay further updates and not include a DLC just for issues which are being worked on. These things have to be updated eventually and it's a lot easier to do it all together rather than separately. The cars are as much as a 'menace' as trucks because collisions are caused equally between them. It will be quite a large loss for the community if they are removed as a lot of people enjoy driving them sensibly. 

If you have not had lasting and good memories from these then I am sorry to hear that but many people, including myself do. Furthermore, official events have nothing to do with the update, it can take such little time to prepare official event assets and put on them on the servers, which is a huge amount less than it would take to update to 1.40. Even beyond that, these events are set up coordinated and managed by the Event Management and their team so this is not preventing work on 1.40.

Whilst I can appreciate your frustrations I thought that I'd shed some light on these issues and ensure you are aware of why these things are happening. If you have any further questions then I am at your disposal!

Kind regards, 
Owen.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Борислав said:

I assume it's not as easy as you may think it is. Although ETS2 might be a popular game, coding isn't something easy, especially when it's about changing certain game versions.
Getting new developers that actually have the skills and experience in what is necessary to get TruckersMP to support version 1.40 as fast as possible, is hard I can assure you. 

People that do have these abilities are rare to find, and if you do, they probably want to be paid for their time offered into coding. 
You cannot just open a recruitment and call it "Developer recruitment" - Show us what you can. Too many people would apply that know nothing or little about what is requiered to code TruckersMP to version 1.40. 
And thus making things even more complicated.

1 hour ago, Борислав said:

Regarding this, if you had read the post carefully, you would have also noticed that "Official Events" and "Game Progress" are two things that have absolutely nothing in common.
There is Event Staff including Event Managers that manage and create these Events. Game developers have nothing to do with what you have stated.

"Although the TruckersMP Team consists of over 230 staff, each person has an area of the project to focus on. As such, official events are created by the Event Management and Event Team."

Owen summarized everything pretty well too but was faster than me in submitting his comment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

hmm I hope there will be no problem and it will be with us as soon as possible.??

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

53 minutes ago, Борислав said:

To answer your questions, 1. yes it is. Or at least, it's hard to find those interested in something like this. 2. I'm pretty sure a lot of mods use them so yes it would be. 3. Doesn't matter, they're part of a different team entirely.

Two who have the knowledge and skills of coding. It is strong of them to try to keep TMP updated willingly and spend that time for us. Not always easy to try to speed up. Without them, we would have played on an old update or no TMP at all.

We should be grateful to be able to play on TMP even on older versions. Remember that!

• Like 1
  • HaulieLove 1

I'm with you till the end of the line