Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Driving Lessons before being allowed to play on TruckersMP servers ?

The idea is very nice and an idea like this has already worked great in different game environments, just like GTA SA / V RP servers..now, hear me out for a second. Even though those 2 games have basically almost nothing in common, one thing they do is the fact that the way those RP servers set up the entire atmosphere for new players. People are encouraged to drive sensibly, and honestly they do so. It really just decreases the amount of ridiculous drivers on the road.
I do realize an implementation like this would be very difficult to bring to life, but the overall concept for it is great. The simple reason for this concept why it's great is simply because it forces new players to act in a certain way. Sometimes banning people is one way to deal with an issue but until you can't exactly explain to them why it is a good idea to be respectful, the existing methods will just be there to temporarily fix some of the chaos. 

TL;DR - the concept is very good, but most likely very difficult to implement. It could most likely fix some of the issues in regards to bad drivers with some time given (I know some people will disagree with this but just keep in mind, once you start to school someone, eventually they will change). 

Not the worst idea, but I think people should freely be allowed to play MP, without a drivers test. Also it would put more strain on the TMP staff team, because they would have to recruit staff just for driving tests, and it would be hard to do a lot of them at once, no matter how much staff you have dedicated for it. Also it would possibly bring down the amount of new people.

Project Cargo VTC - Driver

Discord: AABattery#8735 | IG: aabatteryets2

Languages:  ???????/??

Accidents happen in real life, so it's normal to have accidents in the game. In my opinion, troll people should put a ban on perma .That way, everyone will drive properly and there will only be minor accidents. What do you think about this topic?

SCS is working on something like that and we might have it with 1.41..... 

this could be addapted as a Module and be put before the login on the server .  

and "flag" new players is not that difficult to do ...  this way a logfile could be generated with jobs done , time , date , and also collision data ...  textfiles are small and dont even need much performence. 

this way its easy to sort out the notorious troublemaker and trolls  and take away some of the load of the report system. 

7 hours ago, Lime. said:

The concept is a good idea however I can't imagine this actually happening. TruckersMP has millions of users. Hundreds of users sign up each day. Handling with this many people is beyond impossible.

it might have millions of users .... but they are not online all at the same time right ??  so this kind of argument is quite weak...  

also there are for sure more then the max cap of the servers in the "default garage mode " before they log in at anytime right ?? 

as i sayd before .....this training Course could be part of the TMP Client before the log in routine and be unhinged form the server in general.  also everyone who have done the training and passed it gets their chip and register there  ...

a simple text routine ... nothing fancy...  could be even done with EXEL...  if a Novice driver is reported for what ever you guys could read his textfile like some sort of blackbox.  

and even if it would be thousends each day ... how many of them do you ever see again ??   the heavy lifting is done by the offline routine in the client , you wouldnt need to bend your pinky ...    

and by the way you can save a copy of the Bibel in a text file and its still not noticable ...  something no player would ever reach until TMP go out of service some day in the future ... whenever it should be ..... dont know for how long you guys had planned to keep it up at this pace. 

22 hours ago, seth_haveron said:

it might have millions of users .... but they are not online all at the same time right ??  so this kind of argument is quite weak...  

also there are for sure more then the max cap of the servers in the "default garage mode " before they log in at anytime right ?? 

as i sayd before .....this training Course could be part of the TMP Client before the log in routine and be unhinged form the server in general.  also everyone who have done the training and passed it gets their chip and register there  ...

a simple text routine ... nothing fancy...  could be even done with EXEL...  if a Novice driver is reported for what ever you guys could read his textfile like some sort of blackbox.  

and even if it would be thousends each day ... how many of them do you ever see again ??   the heavy lifting is done by the offline routine in the client , you wouldnt need to bend your pinky ...    

and by the way you can save a copy of the Bibel in a text file and its still not noticable ...  something no player would ever reach until TMP go out of service some day in the future ... whenever it should be ..... dont know for how long you guys had planned to keep it up at this pace. 

I don't exactly understand the point you are trying to make, however to be perfectly honest, there is no need for any sort of training course. TruckersMP has a set of rules which every user should read and follow. This should give them an insight on how to drive properly and respectfully. If you simply ignore these rules then you could risk being banned. Additionally, all users are required to have at least 2 hours of playtime before they can actually play TruckersMP. This is to ensure that they have developed a solid understanding with the game mechanics.

I think this is a pretty good idea, but as for me, it is quite difficult to implement. If you do a driving school, it will probably increase road safety. Many people like me came to the project with zero knowledge in the field of traffic rules and learned from their mistakes. I learned a lot when I joined the project and started driving well, but I realized even more when I got my license, and the greatest knowledge I gained when I discovered the cargo category of rights in life and the level of my driving changed very much. Therefore, I fully support the idea of creating a driving school in the game!

Oyunu çok oyunculu olarak oynamak 2 saat sürüyor, belki bu süre uzun olabilir, belki 48 saat belki daha fazla.Thus, the player can know the value of her account and avoid trolling.?

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

It's an okay idea to me. Maybe you might get less accidents than usual.

However, I think it wouldn't be very feasible during this climate. This is because as more people sign up for TMP and if driving lessons were to be enforced, there would most likely be a huge backlog of drivers requesting for driving lessons/tests. It would probably be very stressful for the examiners to deal with loads of requests. Additionally, as many other members mentioned, this wouldn't exactly stop drivers from trolling around in the servers by ramming into people or reckless driving.

banner

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived