Driving Lessons before being allowed to play on TruckersMP servers ?

There's more and more players joining TruckersMP which there is an increase on Drivers who don't play the game probably and spoil it for the others who take it more seriously, Who thinks that it would be a good idea for TruckersMP to add a Driving Test to the Game where you have to show how good you are at driving and follow all the rules before being granted permission to drive on TruckersMP Servers ??

Greetings,

I believe that this may be a successful strategy but there are massive downsides to this as well. We welcome all ages on to our servers as long as rules are followed, therefore, this would be unfair on the younger ages.

Thanks

Smacky. (Zach)

TruckersMP Events Team

spacer.png

Need help? | Report a user | Appeal a ban | Request an eventFeedback | Want to join the team?

Current Status - spacer.png

16 minutes ago, smackywacky_ said:

Greetings,

I believe that this may be a successful strategy but there are massive downsides to this as well. We welcome all ages on to our servers as long as rules are followed, therefore, this would be unfair on the younger ages.

Why would a driving school on TMP be unfair for the younger ages?
Just wondering ?

@SpeedyThomas
Great suggestion, but TMP hasn't approve any suggestions to test newbs. Suggestions things like: a driving test, minimum of hours played SP, number of WoT jobs, KM's driven. Have been suggested by the community, and till now they were declined.

Also the programming of a automated driving test, would be impossible for TMP, as they are all volunteers. For that a full development team would be needed, like the big gaming companies have.
And there aren't enough mods available to play as instructors.

Newbs will have to learn it the hard way, by crashing into others and get banned. 
If you can't learn within a few accidents and bans, that you should have patience, should not speed and overtake in busy area's. Than this is no game for you.

45 minutes ago, smackywacky_ said:

Greetings,

how is this unfair ?? 

if they confuse this game with GTA or NFS they shouldnt even be allowed to joint the server .  

a live driving test would be legit...   

With the sheer amount of people registering in TruckersMP every single day, that would probably become an issue in about 48 hours. Not to mention that it would very quickly be leaked, therefore rendering it pointless. Further, many people would just drive correctly that one time just to pass it, and then immediately start breaking our ruleset.

Way too many problems with that idea, so I am afraid that it will probably never be implemented.

MXL94305CP

TruckersMP's Trial Support

Interesting idea but I don't think that this would improve the current situation by much.

Firstly implementing a driving test and then having every new user complete it would be an enormous logistical challenge and take years to develop and flesh out. And what would we even want to test for? Driving in a straight line, following a road for 600km without swerving, basic road laws?

Some of those criteria we could test for would be impossible to automate and therefore require human examiners. This just wouldn't feasible with the amount of new users joining daily.

Secondly, I think that this doesn't fix an underlying problem. Many players don't just ram into you because they are bad at driving but rather more because they do it intentionally. Those types of players would just complete the "Driving Test" with as much effort as needed to pass and once they are in the main game start crashing into everybody and wreak havoc.

The only real upside I could imagine is, that some trolls are just out for quick laughs and would get discouraged by having to complete a "Driving Test" and potential lessons.

This discouragement would of course also have an effect on real users who would never get to experience the multiplayer because they don't have the time and patience and just start playing some other game with their friends.

It's not a particularly bad idea, it would just take way too much effort and would require a LOT more staff members.

Rather than this, it would make more sense to up the minimum number of hours in the game. Maybe to 10, or 15.

This still wouldn't stop trolls, but it would make it take longer for trolls to acquire new Steam accounts, thus deterring trolls from just going and buying another copy of ETS2, especially when its on sale.

It's unlikely that will happen though, TruckersMP hasn't seemed to have any interest in upping that number.

Of course, upping that number might drive some players away. But its not like they won't then be able to get on later, if they decide they even like the game(s) in the first place.

24H4oa0.jpg

Although I don’t like bad players, I don’t see it as a good idea, many people don’t care much about following the rules of driving and it’s for these that the acarde servers were created, the problem is those people who are on the simulation servers as if they were in the acarde and end up hindering the fun of people who really want to simulate. A driving school would not solve this because it is something that exists inside people besides being laborious. It is much easier to denounce the reckless so that they pay for their mistakes, although many seem not to take the punishment seriously as they end up repeating the bad action several times until they are permanently banned.

However, the idea of having some kind of driving school within the game so that we can test the skills without being a mandatory requirement to be released to play on the servers is still interesting, many companies already do something similar, but in their own way, I have already elaborated a sequence of testing for my company's drivers at the time we were at the peak, having an official TMP structure would be wonderful.

9165.jpg?_1617464260

I like the idea to have a driving test, because it can teach players basic laws and behaviors in road traffic.

Passing the test however is no guarantee that the successful player will put into practice what he or she has learned.

Truth be told, I would love to see a monthly practical and written exam.
I understand that this would take a lot of resources to implement and perform these exams, which makes it unlikely to happen in TruckersMP.

What can we do instead?

Inform yourself in the internet about national traffic laws and regulations.
And then lead by example. Show other players how fair play and acting by the rules and traffic laws looks like.

17 hours ago, Dubbeledraaideur [NL] said:

And there aren't enough mods available to play as instructors.

The team can first check player activity to see which id's have played over multiple time periods. The team can then let a range of those id's know that they can take the test on a certain date around this time with rules and guidelines for the test. If the player can't attend, to let that staff member know to reschedule it. If the player refuses, banned from mp until they agree to take it. There could also be a test server (that only shows up on the server list) for this to be happening.

The test can consist of a route with simulated events that the game's about.

Hey! 

I don't think this is possible to be brought into TruckersMP. For one it'd be a huge amount of work for us, which would mean even more that we have to take care off and watch over. But secondly, even if we somehow managed to get this to work, it wouldn't stop trolls from joining. They would just play normal and follow our rules when being watched or taking the test, and after that they'd just go straight ahead and keep trolling others. It's just a slight inconvenience they had to go through to be able to play on our servers. It wouldn't prevent them from joining. We already have two report systems to report trolls with, so I think that's sufficient to be able to deal with trolls and others who just join to violate our rules. 

This kind of "system" would only add to our current work-load and would not result in any visible positive changes in the end. Maybe we can get slightly less trolls to join, but it wouldn't justify the effort in the first place. 

To sum this up, I am not a fan of this idea, simply because of the efforts and the probably non-existing positive changes that come with it. If you encounter trolls, you can report them to us, which should be enough if you don't drive C-D all the time ;)!

Kind regards,  
Inklink  
TruckersMP GM + FM

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules | Recruitment | Feedback | Support | Guides | Report System | Appeal System | Knowledge Base 

---------------------------------------------------------------

It would be a good idea, but it is difficult to implement, but it could create a barrier with hours. If you don't have 100 hours in single pe exemple,don't let yourself get into the mp. From the reports made, I noticed that most of those who fall into misconduct have less than 50 hours played in ets 2 ... But without idiots, it wouldn't be the same charm ?

I think it's hard to do this to all newcomers, but we can join TruckersMp with spending 2 hours in single player, I think we can make this time longer like 5 hours for understanding the game and the traffic ?

Best regards;
TR_Batuhan

image.webp.134b839704253ffdd3ae06920703a2be.webp

Event & Human Resources Departments

Tmp PageDiscord

spacer.png

Truckers MP / Forum

Languages 🇹🇷 | 🇬🇧 | 🇩🇪

I like the idea of having driving lessons (would have helped me also when i joined lol). But I think it would be really hard to manage as there could be a lot of newcomers. And to manage all those driving tests/lessons you'll need a lot of extra staff or people who can do them.

Pries Logistics Driver

Hello! 

By me its nice idea.

Also, it could be more funny and interesting for new drivers. If they wants to play MP, they have to do some progress before entering to MP. 

+1 

Regards, 

RedWolf

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,033 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Not a bad idea, but it would be not worthwhile, because there will be always players anyway, that will ignore the rules, even after a tutorial of how to drive normally. Especially players - almost young peoples - with bad manners. I think, TruckersMP need much more game-moderators for around 3000-4500 players on a server, because i am not sure, that around 90 active game-moderators for each server are sufficient.

Archived