What do you think of the new Renault T Evolution?

JuanK.

On 5/20/2021 at 3:23 PM, Stefan22 said:

To be honest I hate Renaults but the new gen I have to admit that looks pretty good. But just that. The power is low but it's kind of decent  and still sounds like a vacuum cleaner on wheels?

I don't see how they sound like vacuum cleaners, most vacuum cleaners are quiet (unlike the new Renault) ?

But talking about sound it is very off in my opinion, or sounds very wrong to me. It roars like no tomorrow, especially when you increase throttle. But the truck doesn't give out the amount of power you could expect from a truck with that sound.

My general impression about the (new) Renault (further only mentioned as "Renault") is that it is a nice truck. It looks modern and fresh unlike the older Renaults. I also especially like the sequential indicators. It's a nice touch. The interior is also nice and a bit of uplift from the other older Renaults. But to be fair, I have only driven the older Renaults once for a short trip before. So I don't have much to compare.
The Renault sadly lacks quite a bit of power, and doesn't have the same "oomph" as you get from like Scania and Volvo. It is definitely a different driving experience than driving them, especially if you are on manual transmission. I also noticed something weird about driving it with manual transmission. I don't know if it's a bug or a "feature". But sometimes I get that the Renault get stuck at 1100rpm, and then later it revs up to 2000rpm in a split second.

I drove the Renault during my cruising Iberia event progress. I have now around 13500 km on the odometer ?

It has definitely grown to suit me a bit better, and my thought about Renault has changed,

Now,

Will I change my main truck(s)?

No, I still prefer Scania and Volvo. And will definitely have them as daily drivers. But the Renault is a nice change.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

5 hours ago, PallePuh said:

I don't see how they sound like vacuum cleaners, most vacuum cleaners are quiet (unlike the new Renault) ?

But talking about sound it is very off in my opinion, or sounds very wrong to me. It roars like no tomorrow, especially when you increase throttle. But the truck doesn't give out the amount of power you could expect from a truck with that sound.

My general impression about the (new) Renault (further only mentioned as "Renault") is that it is a nice truck. It looks modern and fresh unlike the older Renaults. I also especially like the sequential indicators. It's a nice touch. The interior is also nice and a bit of uplift from the other older Renaults. But to be fair, I have only driven the older Renaults once for a short trip before. So I don't have much to compare.
The Renault sadly lacks quite a bit of power, and doesn't have the same "oomph" as you get from like Scania and Volvo. It is definitely a different driving experience than driving them, especially if you are on manual transmission. I also noticed something weird about driving it with manual transmission. I don't know if it's a bug or a "feature". But sometimes I get that the Renault get stuck at 1100rpm, and then later it revs up to 2000rpm in a split second.

I drove the Renault during my cruising Iberia event progress. I have now around 13500 km on the odometer ?

It has definitely grown to suit me a bit better, and my thought about Renault has changed,

Now,

Will I change my main truck(s)?

No, I still prefer Scania and Volvo. And will definitely have them as daily drivers. But the Renault is a nice change.

Slipping clutch on a new truck? That's what I call a "reliable" and "good" truck:kappa:

I like the fact a newer edition has been created, though it would perhaps have been nice to be able to choose current and previous generation. As ever, it would be really nice if they could bring the engine sounds up to a better quality as they have started doing on ATS with the Cascadia etc.

With the kindest regards,

3 hours ago, Angelforgamers said:

Scs should add clutch wear and tear system in the game,that would make it very much realistic

Scs should add clutch wear and tear system,that would make it very much realistic

Indeed. I would like to have some kind of wear system . For example depending on how hard you drive your truck and how much, the truck starts making noises or maybe black exhaust fumes, loss of power or smth like that or multiple tries to start it up. And after a service, the truck would go back to it's previous state. But there is still lots of work till then.

12 hours ago, [VIVA] Matty said:

I like the fact a newer edition has been created, though it would perhaps have been nice to be able to choose current and previous generation. As ever, it would be really nice if they could bring the engine sounds up to a better quality as they have started doing on ATS with the Cascadia etc.

That's a whole different story, but yes I agree. I would love to see a higher quality sound for the trucks in ETS. It's definitely needed in my opinion.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Manager

Hello, 

Since this topic has not been replied to for more than fourteen (14) days, I will archive this topic.
We archive topics that are inactive to keep the forums tidy and organized. 

I encourage you to engage in the community later on! Stay healthy.

//Locked and moved to Archive

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

Archived