Having the latest Version of ETS2 and the Downgraded Version in paralell

Unfaced85

Question

Hi there, 

I am fairly new to ETS2 Multiplayer. Is there a way to keep both the latest Version on Steam and somehow the Downgraded Version for the MP in paralell?

I want to play with my Friends here and there, but continueing my Singleplayer 1.4 Version as well.

So down/upgrading all the time gets old. Any elegant Solution out there on how to tackle this?

Thank you,

br Unfaced

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

On 3/31/2021 at 9:36 PM, Unfaced85 said:

Ok so thanks for this, but this was not what I meant - I am fine in using 2 different profiles for SP & MP.

What I meant was, how to keep 2 Installations of ETS2 - one for the latest and greates updates for my SP and one Static one for the MP - downlaoding every Time 2-3 GBytes whgen switching is not that fun with my slow Internet connection.

So this is what I wanted to ask - if this is possible somehow

It is, and it's quite easy...

1 - In Steam, downgrade your game to 1.39 or whatever version MP requires.

2 - When finished, make a copy of the \steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\ folder somewhere different. I use D:\Steam\steamapps\... For the Steam games, so I copied and renamed the folder as D:\ETS2-139\

3- In Steam, Upgrade the game to the None beta options again.

4- Reinstall TruckersMP launcher, when asked about the game directory, use the path to the new folder you renamed in step 2. Like: You'd see C:\program files(x86)\Steam\steamapps... etc. You change that to D:\ETS2-139

This can be done exactly the same for ATS, of course. When you want to play the current version, you run the game from Steam or your desktop shortcut directly, when you want to play MP, you just run the launcher.

I can guarantee that it works. Of course, I use different profiles, my main one in 1.40-SP and a secondary one in 1.39-MP, to avoid save game conflicts.

• Thanks 1

• Community Manager

//Moved to Help

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

Hello There @Unfaced85

First of all, welcome to TruckersMP Forum

The recommendation that I will demonstrate may extend to your request.

1-)  I'm assuming your files are saved on your pc; 

unknown.png

2-)  To ensure that nothing can go wrong, do a backup of your file as shown in the photo illustration

unknown.png

3-) Now in-game you can create a save  profile as in the photo illustration below;

unknown.png

Note:  you will now have all your progress from the current version 1.40 saved and will be able to upgrade by playing in singleplayer

Now do downgrade to version 1.39, play a quick singleplayer game and save, go online and load this save and have fun!

I hope this suggestion of maintaining the same profile may have helped.

Hello there! ?

Has your problem been solved with the above solution suggestion?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum always organized!

I await your return!

Sincerely,
TARK777
TruckersMP - Support Staff & Event Team

Ok so thanks for this, but this was not what I meant - I am fine in using 2 different profiles for SP & MP.

What I meant was, how to keep 2 Installations of ETS2 - one for the latest and greates updates for my SP and one Static one for the MP - downlaoding every Time 2-3 GBytes whgen switching is not that fun with my slow Internet connection.

So this is what I wanted to ask - if this is possible somehow

Hello there! 

Unfortunately, this is not possible to keep 2 installations of ETS2 on your system from Steam, due to the fact that only one version of it can be done at one time. 

Although, because you are fine with 2 different profiles for SP and MP, that is the way that you will have to do it without running into incompatibility issues. 

I hope this answers your question.

Sincerely,

SarahMaddy

TruckersMP Support

SammyCat TruckersMP Retired Team Member

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.
Languages: Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg (primarily) | English gb.gif 

Report a player | Appeal a Ban | Feedback System | Forum & Ingame Rules | Supported MODs | MP Launcher Error Solutions

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

Hello there! 

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.

Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

You have 1 week to contact us.

I hope you understand. 

Thanks to all participation. 

Kind Regards,
TheRealKing
TruckersMP - Support

//Locked and Moved to Inactive

Hello there,

I am going to move this topic to the Unsolved Section because it has been inactive again for a week.
Do not hesitate to contact us again by creating another topic or a support ticket!

Kind Regards,
JJay
TruckersMP Support

//Moved to Unsolved

Nie ma magicznych skrótów do rozwiązania Twoich problemów.

Ban appeal | Complaints / Feedback | TruckersMP Rules | Join the Team |