The Leeds Lad's Truckfest

HeyI'mAmethyst

The Leeds Lad's Truckfest!

An event co-ordinated by everyone's favourite guy from Leeds!

The Questions (My English teacher would get mad at me if I don't advertise using these):

What? A Truckfest

Where? Sheffield Quarry, United Kingdom, server EU2 (No speedlimiter server)

OIm3C21.png

VV5h04b.png

When? Wednesday 8th April, 5:00pm to 8:00pm BST (UK Time)

Who? Anyone!

Why? Why not :P

Note 1: This is in no way affiliated with the Euro Truck Radio truckfest. This is purely my own one. Hopefully I'm not infringing their copyright!

Note 2: I cannot guarantee that I will be there, as something may turn up, you know, revision...

RULES:

• No spamming VTC Advertising (Once is okay. 20 million times isn't)
  • No insulting anyone
  • Make sure that you do not block anyone, being the entrance/exit or pickup points
  • Please do not park where trailers spawn, as this can make them glitch out, and will be frustrating for non truckfest players collecting them
  • Enter and exit in an orderly fashion. No cutting in on front of people, and stay single file
  • Follow every command I or the administration team give you
  • No complaining of lag (if you are lagging don't put it in the chat, it will only create more lag for you and everyone else)
  • Follow the standard ETS2MP rules
  • No beeping the horn unless asked to
  • No beacons
  • Avoid axle lifting (It's okay to use it ONCE in a while to make sure you are not AFK kicked)
  • Only shift into reverse to park or to avoid the AFK kick. The beeping does get a bit annoying after a while
  • Though it is a non-collision zone, try not to go into another truck, especially near the exit
  • Keep the chat clean. No profanity whatsoever. This is your chance to make friends, not enemies!
  • No trailers
  • Please give up your place if someone is collecting/delivering trailers whom is not part of the Truckfest
  • Remember that you are in the UK: Drive on the left. You don't need the steering wheel to be on the right to drive on the left.
  • Most importantly of all have fun!

If any in game admin could provide me some assistance, that would be greatly appreciated. Of course you don't have to but it will be great if you could!

There could also be some optional activities, to keep you all entertained, such as best roll. Request some below.

There will also be a competition for the best truck. I will figure out a way to open up a poll.

I look forward to seeing you all there! (Hopefully) :D

(Sorry if this isn't the right place for this topic)

Note 1: This is in no way affiliated with the Euro Truck Radio truckfest. This is purely my own one. Hopefully I'm not infringing their copyright!

ETR don't have any copyright on truckfest. Don't forget that truckfest actually happens for real if anything ETR could be done for 'copyright' but it's not even copyrighted either, so don't worry.

nz3d07.jpg

Yeah Dave I already know that. It was just a joke, to, erm, attract people and make it seem like its not some boring park and talk thing.

I could also add some little activities in, but not 100% sure about this. Maybe something like best roll or reaction testing. I dunno. Any ideas?

That's basically the premise of what truckfest is. You literally go to show of your truck and talk, there's barbecues etc.

It would be impossible to run the sort of competition that happens in real life where each driver puts their name down before a certain time and inspectors go around each truck and look at every nook and cranny of every truck to find the cleanest one. At the end a truck is chosen and the driver that owns the truck wins the competition. Maybe you could take something from that and judge who has the best looking truck rather than who has the cleanest one.

I advise possibly not having any activities that could potentially cause trouble for anyone not attending or lead to anyone being banned for rule breaking; that's all I can say. Don't forget you're holding this at an area where regular users will be coming and going from to pick up/drop off. It's already decided where the location is; so if you plan on making it a regular event you could organize it at a less popular area so as to avoid disrupting anyone who is just playing normally.

nz3d07.jpg

Right, I will try not to cause a nuisance for anyone not taking part of the truck fest. Maybe an admin could approve the activities that may happen?

And why would anyone hold any event in a city? Especially one where you park for ages? Thankfully I'm not one of them people who has a pea for a brain, and do consider the people not wishing to take part. Thats why I said 'Give up your place for people coming in and collecting and dropping off trailers', even though its non collision.

No one's forcing you to take part :D

I'll see if I can be there. Note however that we won't moderate specificly based on your rules, we will moderate based on the server rules, but it's nice to have the guidelines. As long as most people respect them it shouldn't be an issue, as there is a lot of space in that quarry.

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

Archived