What should I enhance on my trailer for truck doesn't tip over so easily?

LipeLeandro

• LipeLeandro changed the title to What should I enhance on my trailer for truck doesn't tip over so easily?

Drive slower. If you are pulling cargoes, it is suggested to drive slower and preferred under the speed limit. Trailer with heavy cargo is pretty unstable and that's the same in real life.

Increase the trailer stability in game settings. Although the minimum one is the most realistic one, you can always set the stability to maximum, that should work

Use mouse steering or wheels. This game requires delicated movements and keyboard steering gives you almost instant 100% left, neutral, and 100% right and it makes your trailer easier to flip over. 

The best solution: Slow down. Anything top heavy has less chances to tip over when it turns at much lower velocity due to centrifugal forces applied to vehicle. You've probably experienced these forces already while being passenger of someone's car.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

its not recommended to take 90degree turns with full speed. 

generaly the most used parts of the map are changed with 1.40  so driving slow is a must. 

also if you already know your rig is easy to tip off then driving slower or changing your driving style is  self-explanatory

and i have to disagree with Miyus statement  the lowest setting is the most unrealistic ....  

One thing which i highly suggest is slowing a little bit before corner then when you are halfway in the corner speed back up. It seems to work.

But also I want to point out that the game has speed limits for a reason so if you’re caught flying round roads way above limits don’t be surprised if you get reported for reckless driving or a mod pulls you over to talk about it ? have great day and remember, drive safe everyone!!

banner

36 minutes ago, seth_haveron said:

and i have to disagree with Miyus statement  the lowest setting is the most unrealistic ....  

I can't compare to real life from personal experience, but I have found my sweet spot at 25% stability (both truck and trailer 0.125) and 20% suspension stiffness (0.2)

But what about people performing U-turns at 50km/h, isn't that much less realistic than the lowest setting (although I suspect hacks in those cases)?

In my opinion, the most unrealistic part of the game are extreme curves on many motorways and highways.

I never had problem with my setup, but my recommendations are:

Keep to the speed limits, although it doesn't necessarily mean you are 100% safe, you still need to slow when necessary.

Brake early and slow down gradually, never at last moment or too hard, if it's raining brake even earlier. Exhaust brake and retarder are your friends.

It's easy, actually. Trucks are not Formula 1 cars or Ferraris, the center of gravity in the rig is a lot higher, so the only way to avoid tipping over is: take the turns at an appropriate speed. But you can, like others said, put your stability settings at maximum values (all to the right). I use lowered stabilities and suspensions, almost the same as Granite and I'm sick of seeing people taking those looped highway entrances (the ones with 40 Km/h limit signals) at 80-90 Km/h like nothing. I try that faster than 60 Km/h and my truck will most likely do a full "Fosbury" over the guardrail... ?

9 hours ago, ChillSkies said:

One thing which i highly suggest is slowing a little bit before corner then when you are halfway in the corner speed back up. It seems to work.

But also I want to point out that the game has speed limits for a reason so if you’re caught flying round roads way above limits don’t be surprised if you get reported for reckless driving or a mod pulls you over to talk about it ? have great day and remember, drive safe everyone!!

I thought the report was only to reckless driving after an accident or slamming in others 

11 hours ago, Granite said:

I can't compare to real life from personal experience, but I have found my sweet spot at 25% stability (both truck and trailer 0.125) and 20% suspension stiffness (0.2)

But what about people performing U-turns at 50km/h, isn't that much less realistic than the lowest setting (although I suspect hacks in those cases)?

In my opinion, the most unrealistic part of the game are extreme curves on many motorways and highways.

I never had problem with my setup, but my recommendations are:

Keep to the speed limits, although it doesn't necessarily mean you are 100% safe, you still need to slow when necessary.

Brake early and slow down gradually, never at last moment or too hard, if it's raining brake even earlier. Exhaust brake and retarder are your friends.

like i mentioned before i had spend a few years as a co-driver and i never noticed the Rig swinging form full suspention block to full suspention block at the lowest speeds like in this game. 

what i do noticed (i got three Industry parks in my area) every trucker plows around the corner with a speed i would never ever dare to do with my own car , and their cabin barly moves , nor the suspention show any big momentum shift while turning.  

5 hours ago, Felipe Leandro said:

I thought the report was only to reckless driving after an accident or slamming in others 

No there is plenty of stuff where you dont hit other people or get into an accident that can get you banned. A great example is all the people overtaking on the Calais Duisburg road. Overtaking is allowed. But plenty of people are overtaking when there is oncoming traffic. And that is not allowed. A lot of them will then drive on to the grass to get past the oncoming traffic. You are not supposed to drive on the grass. So all of a sudden because you overtake when there is oncoming traffic, you create a dangerous situation. And so you get banned. Its the same when there is a big queue on the Calais Duisburg road. Someone then dosent want to wait in line, so they overtake that queue. Then that again is reckless driving. Cause you are not supposed to overtake a queue like that. You should stay in line and wait. Its reckless to overtake a queue like that.  So But also if you drive down the highway and you are going from side to side. That can also be reckless. Cause what if someone comes from behind and overtake you and you almost hit them because you are changing lanes back and forth? Thats reckless. So there are plenty of options to getting a ban for reckless driving. Just remember, that this is a simulator. If you wouldent do it in real life traffic, then dont do it here. 

Now as for the question at the start. Like a lot of people have said, the easiest way of not tilting over, is slowing down. But i also recommend going into your settings and setting your trailer stability to max. I do that even if i mostly only drive 90km/h.

55 minutes ago, MrSirViking said:

No there is plenty of stuff where you dont hit other people or get into an accident that can get you banned. A great example is all the people overtaking on the Calais Duisburg road. Overtaking is allowed. But plenty of people are overtaking when there is oncoming traffic. And that is not allowed. A lot of them will then drive on to the grass to get past the oncoming traffic. You are not supposed to drive on the grass. So all of a sudden because you overtake when there is oncoming traffic, you create a dangerous situation. And so you get banned. Its the same when there is a big queue on the Calais Duisburg road. Someone then dosent want to wait in line, so they overtake that queue. Then that again is reckless driving. Cause you are not supposed to overtake a queue like that. You should stay in line and wait. Its reckless to overtake a queue like that.  So But also if you drive down the highway and you are going from side to side. That can also be reckless. Cause what if someone comes from behind and overtake you and you almost hit them because you are changing lanes back and forth? Thats reckless. So there are plenty of options to getting a ban for reckless driving. Just remember, that this is a simulator. If you wouldent do it in real life traffic, then dont do it here. 

Now as for the question at the start. Like a lot of people have said, the easiest way of not tilting over, is slowing down. But i also recommend going into your settings and setting your trailer stability to max. I do that even if i mostly only drive 90km/h.

I see a lot of that in game, overtaking to right and left, without Turning on the arrow, I'm a professional driver, I spent days playing Scania truck simulator, which is a version of ets2 just for practicing and getting a license, on city car driving too, I practiced a lot, so when is about traffic and rights I know more than anyone, the only thing I need to get use to is the trailer stability, but I see that speed is a factor, even slowing down the cargo wants to tip over, that happens a lot in real life with heavy load, It is needed much experience to manage that, only time can fix that.?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2021 at 1:36 AM, Oleandro said:

When I'm running 100mh my truck sometimes wants to tip over easily, is there a way to enhance my trailer to get more stable trailer that doesn't tip over so easily?

What can I do? I accept tips coming from old and experienced truckers.

Hello @Oleandro

You can use these two code's under the console section.

g_trailer_stability 

g_truck_stability 

The first variable sets the trailer stability while the second one sets truck's stability. In TruckersMP these variables are clamped to specific values. 

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello @Oleandro,

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because of your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days), because every day lots of new topics are creating and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion. We apply these procedures to keep the forum organized and active in this way.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind regards,

Snap Dragon

TruckersMP — GML | Game Moderator Leader

GökBörü VTC — COO | Chief Operating Officer

CHub (Drivers Hub) — PM | Project Manager

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d of the Year 2019

Archived