Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Ghost mode - visibility

According to situation visible here, I'd like to ask for doing some upgrades on ghost mode.
First I reported this situation (#1312227) 'cause of suspicion of hacking or abusing lag on purpose, which were declined due to this reason: "This is due to the fact that in the evidence provided, this incident was caused by them loading a quicksave, so they probably didn't know you were there."
So then I made a ticket (#836b6daa-7574-481e-b6a4-4e97e3e93de6), where I mentioned (besides other stuff) "...for me kinda wierd was a fact that player in that ghost mode wasn't visible at least 3 or 4 seconds before. Because if I'd had seen someone in ghost mode loading, I would have been reacting to that so I could prevent from that collision myself...". In respond I was told to make a suggestion on this forum - so here I am.

IMHO there should be more time of ghost mode visibility after loading (nevermind if it's quicksave load or not), so players will have been able to prevent from collision... and also prevent report system from overheating...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Thank you for taking your time into submitting your suggestion to us.  

I have reviewed your suggestion and come to the conclusion that I will be rejecting your suggestion.

Sadly the incident that occurred is very rare and we are aware of it. We are still looking into a fix for it.

This has nothing really to do with loading a quicksave or loading in, in general, but more the connection of the user. It does happen, but very very rarely, that a user loads in incorrectly because of internet issues from their side. This can cause issues when it comes to collision zones and ghostmode.

As I said, we are aware of it but unable to do anything about it for now.  

Also please note that you should use the suggestion format when it comes to submitting your suggestion to us.  

Kind regards,

Schak Bruijn

TruckersMP Community Manager

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Ban Appeal | Website Report

Schak Bruijn

Views expressed are my own and do not represent anyone else.