In-Game Chat upgrade/fix

Suggestion Name: In-Game Chat upgrade/fix

Suggestion Description: The in-game chat is sorta buggy and have pretty much been the same since the beginning. 

Why should it be added?: There is this very critical bug with the in-game chat where if you end your message with certain keys, like W, S, A, D, or T, and quickly after press Enter to send the message, the game will still initiate that key as if you pressed them and keep the key "pressed" until it's pressed again. So if you were typing while driving and ended your message on A, your truck would make a hard left crashing into the left wall or onto the opposite lane of traffic. Even when you're parked and you end your message on W or S, your truck may constantly accalerate or reverse until you press the button again. Same goes for Arrow Key Up and Down, which I personally use a lot to enter previous messages into the input field. 

Not only does this cause players to crash, but it may also be the cause of somebody's ban. 

It'd be great if these issues were solved, but even better if the chat was reworked and be like most chat windows in games. Like a window in the bottom left corner instead of taking up half your screen. 

SHeDTix.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Glada_laxen,  

I have read your suggestion and came to the conclusion that this is something that has been suggested to us a couple of times.  

We are already looking into this but we don't know when we're finished working on it. 

It is something we are looking into but not sure when it is ready.  

Thank you for taking your time into submitting your suggestion to us.  

Kind regards,  

Schak Bruijn

TruckersMP Community Manager

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Ban Appeal | Website Report

Schak Bruijn

Views expressed are my own and do not represent anyone else.