Would you become a patron if TMP started featuring unique professionally made addons?

Scaveng3r

Would you become a patron if TMP started featuring unique professionally made addons?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What will it be?

• Hell yea! I'd chip in (not a patron yet)
    • Nah, I'm fine with mediocrity (not a patron)
    • I'm already a patron, but wish things would be better
    • I'm already a patron and happy with everything as it is

1 hour ago, Scaveng3r said:

One vehicle in a few months is better than never. And you have some leeway to not license anything, since it's a mod. It's not about it being too hard more than about wanting to do it at all. But you're right about one thing: a handful of patrons really won't cut it to fund that.
As for the second part: when "MMO experience" consists of some random Chinese or Turk slamming you off the road going 140kmph, or t-boning you in a city, running a red light, or purposefully annoying everybody on the CB - it's not actually a selling point. That kind of experience I can live without. You may be surprised to see how many people would opt for a local 4-6 friend co-op with shared deliveries, AI traffic and mod support instead. 

Many things could be improved if that "new game mode" you teased a while back ever saw the light of day. That would actually be something to brag about.

But that is where you can do something about those people ramming. You can record them and report them. If you dont do that it will never end. If you want a better experience you gotta help us do that by reporting them on the website. But with so many people joining all the time we might not be rid of all of them ever. Thats just how it is with this many people playing. Just look at GTA online. Even a giant company like Rockstar cant even keep their servers free from Hackers. We are trying our best but we do need the players help. And if you keep clear of the CD road and Calais and Duisburg you are usually fine. But yes the MMO experience is a selling point. Its why people come to play here. Cause you can do 100 people convoys if you want to. You can even get an event server for that if you want. And then there is the races we do, the official convoys, the Real Ops, the Easter egg hunt and what not. We even have promods if you want to do that. So the MMO experience is why people come here.

But no one has said anything about SCS MP allowing mods. For all we know it could just be like this just with 4 friends and AI traffic. And you might even need all your friends to have the same MAP DLC as you in order to play with them. but we dont know that since we dont know a whole lot about the MP that SCS is making. And as it has been said, that new game mode that was teased wont come anytime soon. Not as long as SCS keeps making changes to the AI traffic. Cause with every single little update that AI traffic thing would brake. So its simply not worth it to do until SCS stops changing the AI, because it will brake with every single update. Its not because we dont want to do it, its just not feasible at the moment.

21 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

But that is where you can do something about those people ramming. You can record them and report them. If you dont do that it will never end. If you want a better experience you gotta help us do that by reporting them on the website. But with so many people joining all the time we might not be rid of all of them ever. Thats just how it is with this many people playing. Just look at GTA online. Even a giant company like Rockstar cant even keep their servers free from Hackers. We are trying our best but we do need the players help. And if you keep clear of the CD road and Calais and Duisburg you are usually fine. But yes the MMO experience is a selling point. Its why people come to play here. Cause you can do 100 people convoys if you want to. You can even get an event server for that if you want. And then there is the races we do, the official convoys, the Real Ops, the Easter egg hunt and what not. We even have promods if you want to do that. So the MMO experience is why people come here.

I'm sure you understand It's like trying to fight a flood with a bucket. I did my part in submitting a bunch of tickets, but there's simply no end. It totals to hours simply putting up the videos and writing tickets. And for what? A guy gets a ban up to a week and then he's back again. Usually I'm the only one on the road, who's doing the posted speed limit. It's beyond me why so many players wanna race in a trucking game and insist on playing on simulation servers.

Besides the time I rather spend driving than editing, after upgrading to a 4K monitor I can't be constantly recording anyway. In 1 to 1 it's simply unfeasible and in 1080p or lower - utterly pointless. The nicknames and any other text would just be a blur. Because that bootstrap TMP uses for GUI has no scaling option (you'd think how such a simple small thing would be so important, but it's not there). Sometimes I get kicked out of server because the headlight warning text is so tiny at this resolution...

The best way to fix the mayhem would be to simply slow down all the hot heads with loads of AI traffic, instead of counting on everyone to record their gameplay every time they just wanna have a relaxing ride. Otherwise, no matter how hard you try, you gonna be constantly overwhelmed. 

1 hour ago, Scaveng3r said:

I'm sure you understand It's like trying to fight a flood with a bucket. I did my part in submitting a bunch of tickets, but there's simply no end. It totals to hours simply putting up the videos and writing tickets. And for what? A guy gets a ban up to a week and then he's back again. Usually I'm the only one on the road, who's doing the posted speed limit. It's beyond me why so many players wanna race in a trucking game and insist on playing on simulation servers.

Besides the time I rather spend driving than editing, after upgrading to a 4K monitor I can't be constantly recording anyway. In 1 to 1 it's simply unfeasible and in 1080p or lower - utterly pointless. The nicknames and any other text would just be a blur. Because that bootstrap TMP uses for GUI has no scaling option (you'd think how such a simple small thing would be so important, but it's not there). Sometimes I get kicked out of server because the headlight warning text is so tiny at this resolution...

The best way to fix the mayhem would be to simply slow down all the hot heads with loads of AI traffic, instead of counting on everyone to record their gameplay every time they just wanna have a relaxing ride. Otherwise, no matter how hard you try, you gonna be constantly overwhelmed. 

Slow them down? I am pretty sure it would not help. Actually i think they would just create more chaos by stopping the AI traffic, which would cause a huge build up of traffic. And that traffic would have to be synced with all players at all time. Imagine the CD road with AI traffic on top of the traffic already there. It would be even more chaos that it already is. So i am really not sure AI traffic would be a fix for anything. It might just be more chaos with the amount of people we have playing.  I am not a developer so i dont know about the UI and the scaling. But you could make a suggestion for a scalable UI so you can make it bigger or smaller. ?

12 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

Slow them down? I am pretty sure it would not help. Actually i think they would just create more chaos by stopping the AI traffic, which would cause a huge build up of traffic. And that traffic would have to be synced with all players at all time. Imagine the CD road with AI traffic on top of the traffic already there. It would be even more chaos that it already is. So i am really not sure AI traffic would be a fix for anything. It might just be more chaos with the amount of people we have playing.  I am not a developer so i dont know about the UI and the scaling. But you could make a suggestion for a scalable UI so you can make it bigger or smaller. ?

You know what? I'd take a traffic jam over trucks doing backflips and barrel rolls any day. At least that's somewhat realistic. But for one - that's why you'd have moderators. If someone is blocking - kick him out and everything moves on. Much better than piling up reports no amount of mods can process quick enough. Besides, you won't have a huge AI jam in one place anyway. And on CD there would be little to no AI at all, if the system is done right. I'm not gonna go into technicalities, but I know how this can be done properly, with minimal additional server load. Got inspired by the way GTA Online syncs AI actors between players. And I can guarantee SCS will be using something similar.

From what I know about GUI libraries, scaling is a rare feature. And by the looks of the one used in the multiplayer, it's pretty dated. So most likely the devs won't be able to do anything without heavily refactoring or rewriting the whole thing for a newer and fancier library. Not to say TMP UI couldn't use some freshening up, but I wouldn't focus on the cosmetics when the back end is still so raw.

Our community is open and fair, maintaining a discipline that extends to everyone.

The projects are being worked on collectively and the opinion of the community is always consulted.

With that in mind, I would like to inform my opinion:

You're new to the Forum and welcome, however you dont have enough experience to initiate this type of opinion to which you didnt suggest ideas, didnt accept criticism, making this topic useless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived