C-D traffic jam

Lena'

4 hours ago, Mircea541real said:

In my opinion the traffic lights make the traffic run smoother but at some costs. If traffic lights would be added, there should not happen accidents and collision anymore, at least that's the idea, but the problem is the traffic will stack up even more. 

A better solution is to just switch the traffic indicators for priority:

-traffic from the highway would have to yield

-traffic from C-D road would have priority

Currently, due to the fact that drivers under the bridge need to give priority to trucks coming from the highway causes jams. If the solution above is implemented, this issue would be solved.

And it would be more logical to do this because traffic coming from the highway exits need to change their direction travel which requires slowing down and looking left/right before entering the intersection, fact which takes time and doesn't really works.

That does makes sense, except the only problem is that the traffic leaving the freeway could be waiting a long time to find a gap in the traffic, especially making a left turn.

Another issue with this is that those people will get impatient or have lack of speed judgement of the oncoming vehicles and potentially cut off/pull in front of the people on the C-D road.

I’m pretty sure that the traffic exiting the freeway originally had to yield to the C-D road, but TruckersMP changed the signs to how it is now.

This is my idea. Make C-D into a highway/motorway with ramps. In addition, make the road in between the ramps have more lanes per side with a diving median. Here are my reasons

• Highways/Motorways keep traffic moving.
  • Adding in extra lanes allows for faster vehicles to pass. (no one wants to be stuck behind a slower vehicle, if they can help it).
  • Removes the stop signs on Duisburg side, which should reduce the bottleneck leaving Duisburg.

Problems?

• Increases the chance of more accidents occurring from passing vehicles who weren't lined up properly.
  • More collisions possible from those trying to get onto the ramp (or about to miss it).
  • Gas stations will be harder to access (which is why, make them ramp exits and move them a bit further from C-D Highway.

Idea2.png

On 3/30/2021 at 7:14 AM, Angelforgamers said:

Its a legendary road and we all play only to travel by this road.Otherwise there is not reason to play truckersmp without the stock calais duisburg road

Legendary, but also known as "Troll's Paradise", "Idiots on the road paradise". There are lots of people who don't use that road at all. It's the ones that "play only to travel by this road" who made it unusable for those many others. Of course, to those people there are clearly reasons to play TruckersMP without the stock Calais Duisburg road. It seems to me that it's you who lives in a different world. One where a huge map disappeared and there's only a small area of it left.

On 3/31/2021 at 12:48 AM, Angelforgamers said:

Nope buddy you live in a different world

The whole point of Multiplayer is so players can travel the entire map together. Before D-C/C-D (However you want to call it), Rotterdam was the clustered area along with Europort. D-C came along and burnt that out. Only players making deliveries actually go to that area.

As for Traffic Jam Simulator that is D-C, that's an entirely different game. That's all 50% of the population drives, D-C, C-D, D-C, C-D. I find it repetitive and wish they added another city that could be a bypass of this nightmare.

1. You'll be lucky to get out of Duisburg without being affected by NCZ clusters.
  2. The traffic light has just made the situation worse.

So yea, C-D is an entirely different game that i think a popular streamer brought attention to around 2015/2016. Even without the paid expansions, there's still an entire map to explore.

I was just on it prior to writing this post. How fun traffic jam simulator is.

• Queue cutters
  • NCZ clusters trying not to be affected upon exiting.
  • Getting sent flying because NCZ Cluster Ghost is going through the traffic.

On 3/29/2021 at 3:32 PM, Mircea541real said:

-traffic from the highway would have to yield

-traffic from C-D road would have priority

I think traffic lights may not actually solve the traffic jam, since two junctions are too close to each other. I agree with Mircea541's solution, since the traffic along the CD road is much heavier than the traffic from the ramp.

Regards, 

djmtrlltc

TruckersMP Support + Translator & DBus Translator

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I persolly think that if we install traffic lights (or swich sign) it could be a risky move because the traffic flow will be interrupted on the highway.

If many players arrive at the intersection. The traffic light could cause a huge Traffic jam, that will go also into the highway.If I remember correctly, the highway there is a 3 lane road. That beeing said I there is a traffic jam there, the highway towards Rotterdam-Amsterdam would be full because the first right lane is occupied by the traffic jam of the player taht want go into the calsi duisbrg road, the second lane would be probably used by the kiddies for overtaking all the user that are standing into the queque and the third lane would be occupied probably by some guy that has overtook all the players, where the trailer merges into the lane so that anyone can´t pass and procede towards Rotterdamm.

In fact this is why I think the game producer have installed the sign give way for the players coming from Brussellex, because I think they wanted to avoid that there would be a queque.

There is also a probability I think that some players could overtake all the players on the right (emergency lane) and ramming at the end all the player or also not.

Another point is that if there would be a "you have precedence sign" for the players on the calais-duisburg road there would be no chance for the players on the hightway to join the road, becaiuse there is too much traffic for joining in time without disturbing a player(hard braking because of a player that joined the road riskingan accident).

So in conclusion, I think personally it is the best solution to do not touch this intercection because it is very good planned.

There would be too much traffic on the highway if we install a traffic light, another aspect is that the road passes from beeing a 3 lane road to a one lane road, so I don´t want to imagine how much traffic and how much players would fight for going into the only lane that is present ( the lane that goes down into the C-D road).So its better in my opinion if it will be in future as it is now if we want to maintein a good traffic flow on the hightway  and in part but not always (45 minutes queque for that intersection couf,couf) also for the calais duisburg road. (If we install a traffic light or swich sign there will be a good traffic flow on the C_D but there will be the double of the traffic on the highway in my opinion).

Kind Regards

Manumarsch

Kind Regards,

1531540532_role_5Patron(4).webp.77f04423a8e5d64e2143f512b516c58d.webpMANU.png.26272a0bf0c8963d3136ef83757676a6.png1771048576_role_Driver(1).webp.16f12f0944a0d47a76a7459e12c40855.webp

WzxmcKP.png.ee0bd167fbb090ce8be9d5178a252499.png

1 hour ago, Fast-rider said:

Hello there! 

The traffic lights would be a great suggestion. However, I think that the chaos there can be reduced by changing the signs, so players that come from the highway have to give way. 

Greetings

Hi, Fast-rider  I think that is not a great idea because with this ammount of traffic that isflowing there, it is quiet impossible to merge into the road because if we invert the sign, yes there will be less traffic on the calais duisburg but there will probably be an huge traffic jam for the players coming from bruxelles that want go for example to calais enjoyng the huge traffic i think how the sign are positioned now it is the best.

don´t take it personally ?

Kind Regards

Manumarsch

Kind Regards,

1531540532_role_5Patron(4).webp.77f04423a8e5d64e2143f512b516c58d.webpMANU.png.26272a0bf0c8963d3136ef83757676a6.png1771048576_role_Driver(1).webp.16f12f0944a0d47a76a7459e12c40855.webp

WzxmcKP.png.ee0bd167fbb090ce8be9d5178a252499.png

If you are entering a road, you have to give priority to those already on that road. C-D is not a highway. A truck could be driving 80-110 kph on it, and you have to slow down to no more than 30 kph to turn into it, most probably less. Because you cant expect people to slow down by 50-80 kph to let you pass, you have to wait for your moment.

Also, a congested highway due to too many people trying to enter C-D is still preferable to a congested C-D road, simply the highway has 2 lanes (actually 3 if you are coming from Brussel) and if there is too much traffic it is easier to just continue your way through Brussel-Lille or Rotterdam-Amsterdam, depending to where are you going, while C-D road has 1 lane and once you are on it, you cant exit for a while.

On 30.03.2021 at 08:14, Angelforgamers said:

Calais duisburg yolu el değmemiş ve olduğu gibi bırakılmalı, efsanevi bir yol ve hepimiz sadece bu yoldan gitmek için oynuyoruz.Aksi takdirde, stock calais duisburg yolu olmadan truckersmp oynamak için bir neden yok

I do not think like you.Euro truck simulator map is a huge map,you shouldn't just stick to this road,You should try to discover new places. I can bet with you that there are so many beautiful places.?

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 6:37 PM, Aquatic Sparrow said:

This is my idea. Make C-D into a highway/motorway with ramps. In addition, make the road in between the ramps have more lanes per side with a diving median. Here are my reasons

• Highways/Motorways keep traffic moving.
  • Adding in extra lanes allows for faster vehicles to pass. (no one wants to be stuck behind a slower vehicle, if they can help it).
  • Removes the stop signs on Duisburg side, which should reduce the bottleneck leaving Duisburg.

Problems?

• Increases the chance of more accidents occurring from passing vehicles who weren't lined up properly.
  • More collisions possible from those trying to get onto the ramp (or about to miss it).
  • Gas stations will be harder to access (which is why, make them ramp exits and move them a bit further from C-D Highway.

Idea2.png

I think the C-D road shouldn't be a motorway, but at the same time where the C-D road is on ProMods is one. I think it shouldn't be one, because it's just such a well known road, and part of the appeal may be from it being a smaller road. That is also what I think makes the Kirkenes quarry road such a popular road on ProMods. It is a dirt road, with a lot of hairpins and sharp turns. I think the C-D road is popular because it is a smaller road, one of the cities has the main ferry to the UK, and it's in a non-DLC area. 

On 4/24/2021 at 10:15 AM, Lena' said:

I do not think like you.Euro truck simulator map is a huge map,you shouldn't just stick to this road,You should try to discover new places. I can bet with you that there are so many beautiful places.?

Yes, I think so too. I love making detours, so I discover more areas of the map. C-D road is nice to drive on every once in a while but I'd rather discover more of the map. 

Project Cargo VTC - Driver

Discord: AABattery#8735 | IG: aabatteryets2

Languages:  ???????/??

• 2 weeks later...

They changed the intersection, so I hope this one works out 

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Driver

YouTube / Instagram / Twitter

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived