C-D traffic jam

Lena'

Hello Guys, 

bridge between calais duisburg,

my opinion is here, road priority is on those coming from the bridge, but many players do not know this, They even think the road is their own.

My opinion is that if the traffic lights are here a bit, wouldn't it reduce the traffic?  Just like the traffic light on the duisburg road.

it's just an idea, let's discuss this. What are your thoughts.?

https://imgyukle.com/i/Nm4jzo

https://imgyukle.com/i/Nm4gSH

https://imgyukle.com/i/Nm4DWG

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

In my opinion, there is no need for a traffic light there, since the flow entering the Calais - Duisburg road is quite small and if you put a traffic light in this place, then a rather large traffic jam will form. It is better to leave everything as it is, you just need to learn traffic signs ( at least elementary as in this place), or issue a ban to those players who violate the requirements of the signs.

Excerpt from §2 Games only rules, first paragraph:

Traffic lights and stop signs can be ignored if no other users are in the immediate area.

In my view, the flaw of this rule is that is doesn't aim at preventing accidents. It rather is applied to determine the punishment AFTER an accident has happened and been reported.

And as long as the TruckersMP team leaves the definition of the term immediate area up to each player, we will continue to see players running red lights and causing accidents.

Consequently, it is my firm believe that it doesn't matter if and how many additional traffic lights are installed.

@tattytate Thank you ^^

yes you are right those who come from the bridge should wait, 

But in France, this situation is the opposite, I think this stems from the problem. ?

@Meto5 

you are right but all like to obey the rules ?

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

I don’t think it’s necessary. I don’t think there is a lot of traffic there. But if traffic lights are added, will it cause congestion or other situations? If traffic lights are added and congestion occurs, then I think increasing traffic lights is Unnecessary, my opinion may not be accurate, but this is just what I think.

In fact, the best way to solve congestion is that everyone abides by the rules. Congestion is often caused by players who do not follow the rules!

Wallace_TMP

Truckersmp Player

WLG/vtc\Founder

Misty Island - TruckersMP - Player

Ascend Cargo | Driver

image.png.a2948cf0c580647219b26e02d549447a.png

Language : Chinese ; English ; Russian ; German

Report a player | Appeal a ban | Open a support ticket

Regards and have fun ❤️

15 hours ago, кσяяα said:

I don't understand why priority is given to the one coming from the bridge
it should be given to those already on c-d since there are less people coming from the bridge than on the road c-d

I think the problem is if you chose to give priority to the drivers already on C-D Road you would risk a huge traffic jam on the motorway, because the drivers joining from the motorway wouldn't be able to join onto C-D Road.

14 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Excerpt from §2 Games only rules, first paragraph:

In my view, the flaw of this rule is that is doesn't aim at preventing accidents. It rather is applied to determine the punishment AFTER an accident has happened and been reported.

And as long as the TruckersMP team leaves the definition of the term immediate area up to each player, we will continue to see players running red lights and causing accidents.

Consequently, it is my firm believe that it doesn't matter if and how many additional traffic lights are installed.

You're right that TMP is leaving it for each individual player to judge if there is any driver in the immediate area when ignoring a sign or signal. But isn't that just like out in the real world? Not with light signals I know, but when you come from a small road onto a bigger road and the bigger road has priority. Then you'll have to judge if it's save for you to join the big road both in-game and in real life.

17 hours ago, Lena' said:

Hello Guys, 

my opinion is here, road priority is on those coming from the bridge, but many players do not know this, They even think the road is their own.

My opinion is that if the traffic lights are here a bit, wouldn't it reduce the traffic?  Just like the traffic light on the duisburg road.

I don't think the problem is that maybe many player don't pay attention to the signs. Cause eg. from where I'm from drivers leaving the motorway wouldn't have priority, and I think it's like that in many countries. So players are just not excepting the drivers coming from the motorway to have priority, and they simple just don't care. And in that case I don't think a traffic light would change that much unfortunately.

spacer.png | spacer.png

In my opinion, its a very difficult solution, the C-D is a very populated road so there is always going to be traffic jams here and there, this place is particularly bad because of people not following the give way signs, so I think they should do what they did on the outside of Duisburg and give it a bit of a revamp, with speed humps and clearer signs showing the motorway has the right of way, yes it wouldn't work for everyone, however it could fix at least some issues, traffic lights wouldn't suit the junction since there isn't a consistent flow of traffic coming from all directions. 

**Kind regards,**

effinghamjnr.png?ex=65d54980&is=65c2d480

Adding signal lights will reduce the collision problem, but it will increase congestion. I think improving the player’s ability to recognize street signs is the key to solving the problem.

Kind regards
Shining Stars
TruckersMP -Driver

??China Express Transportation Chief Operating Officer??

Languages:   |  ??  ?? | 
Discord:
Shining Stars#4013  | steam| Forums | World of Trucks

I also forgot to add this that is not seen clearly in the pictures, wich is this sign that is located on the road coming from the highway:

spacer.png

This sign mean that who is driving on the smaller road have the right of the precedence over other roads. I think on that intersection there are enough signs that clearly state how the flow should go, but in C-D is an exception ?

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

20 hours ago, Lena' said:

Hello Guys, 

Good attention, lights would speed up the traffic and would improve sefety on this road.

Hey!

The Brussels intersection is indeed a bit of a mess sometimes. I don't know if traffic lights will fix the issue. Because you are risking blocking the highway if a lot of trucks have to wait for the red light.

And most of the traffic jams happen because people are gridlocking the intersection. People don't know that they can only drive if there is space for them to drive into. So everytime the person in front of them enters the intersection, they'll just blindly follow them and get stuck. Resulting in their trailer blocking the entrances and exits of the intersection.

Something that can even still occur with traffic lights because people will either enter the intersection with a yellow light and get stuck. Or ignore the traffic lights.

I'd love to try it out, and I really hope it will help. But i'm not sure if it will.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

Hello there, 

I do think that this is a very good suggestion but i don't think this will work. It's the same concept as what is already in force. This would require moderation from us staff to ensure that this is being followed. A little bit like the traffic lights on the exit from Duisburg. 

Again, i do like this suggestion.

Thanks

Smacky. (Zach)

TruckersMP Events Team

spacer.png

Need help? | Report a user | Appeal a ban | Request an eventFeedback | Want to join the team?

Current Status - spacer.png

4 hours ago, Callum455 said:

The thing is people don't always look at the signs and the lights would cause more congestion witch also means C-D drivers will become impatient and in turn drive on the wrong side of the road to be able to get past the lights, it would become a moderators nightmare.

Well they might as well remove all traffic lights then... the interchange currently in place is clearly not working and I think traffic lights are needed because many people don’t follow the yield signs.

In my opinion the traffic lights make the traffic run smoother but at some costs. If traffic lights would be added, there should not happen accidents and collision anymore, at least that's the idea, but the problem is the traffic will stack up even more. 

A better solution is to just switch the traffic indicators for priority:

-traffic from the highway would have to yield

-traffic from C-D road would have priority

Currently, due to the fact that drivers under the bridge need to give priority to trucks coming from the highway causes jams. If the solution above is implemented, this issue would be solved.

And it would be more logical to do this because traffic coming from the highway exits need to change their direction travel which requires slowing down and looking left/right before entering the intersection, fact which takes time and doesn't really works.

Archived