Remove moderator approval requirement from Help section

Suggestion Name: Remove moderator approval requirement from Help section

Suggestion Description: Currently any reply to a post in the Help section of the forum needs to be approved by a moderator. I believe it would be better to instead use a requirement that you need to meet, after which you can post there without needing approval. This can be something like a required amount of points, a number of 'best solutions', or a certain amount of previously approved help posts.

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: While the approval is generally pretty fast (within in an hour depending on what time of the day you post), I think it can easily be replaced by such a system, so that people will receive help a lot faster. The forum would still be moderated as there will be people helping that don't meet the requirement yet, so if there does happen to be a wrong answer it would be removed fairly quickly and the user's permissions could be revoked.

• Upvote 6

spacer.png

Pries Logistics | Discord | Website | Insta | Twitter | Facebook

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in this reply.

After discussion with Support Management we feel like this will not have any benefit at all. To be fully honest, the reason that we have the moderation in place is because we would like all of our users to have quality replies. Not saying that they don't already however, if this was added then there could be duplicated answers as well which would just be repetitive. 

The current system allows our team to be able to monitor what is said and I would say we do get to accepting replies to various help topics in a rather quick timeframe. However, I would like to thank you for you suggestion!

For the reasons above, I will reject this suggestion.

Kind regards,

Ali.

TruckersMP Senior Support Manager

TruckersMP Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

remember we were staring up to those peaks on the horizon +x

• Ali. locked this topic