Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Take high quality screenshots in ETS2 & ATS

Hello everyone,

I'd like to share some tips that I've learned over time to increase the quality of my ETS2 and ATS screenshots. These tips should help to make the pictures look better, as well as make any editing you might perform later on easier.

Note that these settings will make the game a lot more intensive to run, so I would recommend only turning them on when taking screenshots. Personally I get 3 fps with these settings, but in picture mode that does not really matter as you are not driving anyway. This does mean that they're best to use in Singleplayer, or when your truck is parked safely.

Game Settings:

1. Set your game to Ultra graphics, then go into Advanced Settings and set the Scaling to 400%. Setting your game to ultra only puts the scaling at 100%, while 400% is the max.
  2. (Personal preference) Disable High Dynamic Range and set the Reflection Quality to Low. High Dynamic Range is basically Bloom, and it will make surfaces in the light appear way too bright. Reflections in ETS2 and ATS currently don't look good (one could say they are bugged, though this will likely be fixed in 1.40), and setting them to low makes them barely visible and easy to remove in post.

Driver Settings:

1. Enable Dynamic Super Resolution (Nvidia) or Virtual Super Resolution (AMD)This allows you to set your resolution to one that is higher than your screen resolution, allowing for higher resolution screenshots.
  2. Set your in-game Resolution to the highest possible.

Console commands:

If you don't know how to use/enable console commands, check this guide.

1. g_hq_3d_scale 3 Increases the resolution of your screenshots, can be used instead of the Super Resolution. Your screenshots will still appear in the default screenshot folder (/Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/screenshot), but the name will start with eut2_hq_ (or equivalent for ATS). 
  2. g_hq_3d_screenshot 1 Enables High Quality pictures, then you can take good pictures using the Dev Cam and F12 .
  3. g_light_distance_factor 9999 Increases the load distance of light, only noticeable over a longer distance.
  4. g_grass_density 5 Increases the grass density, only noticeable over a longer distance.

TruckersMP Config:

These settings can be found in /Documents/ETS2MP (or ATSMP) config.txt

1. "smoothing_distance" : 5000, Increases the distance at which trucks are fully loaded.
  2. "draw_distance" : 5000, Increases the distance at which trucks are loaded (at all).

I hope this will help some people as it has helped me. I expect there will be some inaccuracies so feel free to point them out as well as suggest other tips you might think are useful additions!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2
  • HaulieLove 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 2
  • Awesome! 2

spacer.png

Pries Logistics | Discord | Website | Insta | Twitter | Facebook

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide, I hope it helps a lot of people because these are really good settings ?

• Like 1

Kind Regards,
Folatti

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d 904932591_role_CommunityModerator(2).png

Languages: English 🇺🇸 | Portuguese 🇧🇷

Report System | Ban Appeal | Feedback System | Rules | Knowledge Base | Server Status

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

• 2 months later...

Thank you for this great information because I am a person who likes to take pictures. ❤️ 

• Like 1

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello fellow truckers,

I wanted to share some valuable tips that I've gathered over time to enhance the quality of your ETS2 and ATS screenshots. These tips should help you capture better-looking pictures and make any post-editing work smoother.

Please note that enabling these settings will significantly increase the game's performance demands. It's recommended to activate them only when taking screenshots. Personally, I experience a drop in FPS, but it doesn't matter in picture mode as you won't be driving. These settings are best used in Singleplayer or when your truck is safely parked.

Game Settings:

1. Set your graphics to Ultra and then go into Advanced Settings to adjust the Scaling to 400%. Ultra graphics only provide 100% scaling, but 400% is the maximum.
2. (Personal preference) Disable High Dynamic Range (Bloom) and set the Reflection Quality to Low. High Dynamic Range can overly brighten surfaces in the light, and setting reflections to Low makes them less visible and easier to edit post-capture.

Driver Settings:

1. Enable Dynamic Super Resolution (Nvidia) or Virtual Super Resolution (AMD). This allows you to set a resolution higher than your screen resolution, enabling higher resolution screenshots.

Console Commands:

If you're unfamiliar with console commands, you can refer to a guide for assistance.

1. g_hq_3d_scale 3: Increases the resolution of your screenshots, serving as an alternative to Super Resolution. Your screenshots will still appear in the default screenshot folder (/Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/screenshot), but the name will start with eut2_hq_ (or equivalent for ATS).
2. g_hq_3d_screenshot 1: Enables High-Quality pictures, allowing you to take excellent shots using the Dev Cam and F12 keys.
3. g_light_distance_factor 9999: Extends the load distance of lights, which becomes noticeable over longer distances.
4. g_grass_density 5: Increases the grass density, enhancing visual impact over longer distances.

TruckersMP Config:

You can locate these settings in the /Documents/ETS2MP (or ATSMP) config.txt file.

1. "smoothing_distance" : 5000: Increases the distance at which trucks are fully loaded.
2. "draw_distance" : 5000: Increases the distance at which trucks are loaded.

I hope these tips prove as beneficial for you as they have been for me. If you notice any inaccuracies or have additional suggestions, feel free to share them. Let's continue to capture stunning screenshots and make our trucking experiences more enjoyable!

Karakteriniz düzgün olsun ki gerisini hallederiz..

My first condition is that your character is not broken...

AlparslanK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thank you for this nice Guide :HaulieLove:, I also use the above-mentioned commands for the console to make my pictures better. 

On 3/5/2021 at 1:01 AM, Colored_Greens said:

Hello everyone,

I'd like to share some tips that I've learned over time to increase the quality of my ETS2 and ATS screenshots. These tips should help to make the pictures look better, as well as make any editing you might perform later on easier.

Note that these settings will make the game a lot more intensive to run, so I would recommend only turning them on when taking screenshots. Personally I get 3 fps with these settings, but in picture mode that does not really matter as you are not driving anyway. This does mean that they're best to use in Singleplayer, or when your truck is parked safely.

Game Settings:

1. Set your game to Ultra graphics, then go into Advanced Settings and set the Scaling to 400%. Setting your game to ultra only puts the scaling at 100%, while 400% is the max.
  2. (Personal preference) Disable High Dynamic Range and set the Reflection Quality to Low. High Dynamic Range is basically Bloom, and it will make surfaces in the light appear way too bright. Reflections in ETS2 and ATS currently don't look good (one could say they are bugged, though this will likely be fixed in 1.40), and setting them to low makes them barely visible and easy to remove in post.

Driver Settings:

1. Enable Dynamic Super Resolution (Nvidia) or Virtual Super Resolution (AMD)This allows you to set your resolution to one that is higher than your screen resolution, allowing for higher resolution screenshots.

Console commands:

If you don't know how to use/enable console commands, check this guide.

1. g_hq_3d_scale 3 Increases the resolution of your screenshots, can be used instead of the Super Resolution. Your screenshots will still appear in the default screenshot folder (/Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/screenshot), but the name will start with eut2_hq_ (or equivalent for ATS). 
  2. g_hq_3d_screenshot 1 Enables High Quality pictures, then you can take good pictures using the Dev Cam and F12 .
  3. g_light_distance_factor 9999 Increases the load distance of light, only noticeable over a longer distance.
  4. g_grass_density 5 Increases the grass density, only noticeable over a longer distance.

TruckersMP Config:

These settings can be found in /Documents/ETS2MP (or ATSMP) config.txt

1. "smoothing_distance" : 5000, Increases the distance at which trucks are fully loaded.
  2. "draw_distance" : 5000, Increases the distance at which trucks are loaded (at all).

I hope this will help some people as it has helped me. I expect there will be some inaccuracies so feel free to point them out as well as suggest other tips you might think are useful additions!