18 Speed vs 6/& Speed. What do you prefer?

I like the 7 speed, easier to get going and I have found with a normal load that getting up Bellingham MTN was not too bad. For heavy loads I will go with an 18 speed but I use an automatic trans.

Curious as to what other driver use.

I don't use 18 speed transmission at all, as I have a Thrustmaster TH8A H-pattern shifter. For regular and not heavy cargoes I use truck that has 6 speed manual transmission, but for heavy cargoes I use truck with 12 speed manual transmission. When I want to deliver heavy cargoes with 12 speed transmission, I have to use a button (in my case 7th speed on shifter) to determine, whether I want to use my gear shifter for speeds 1-6 or 7-12. This wouldn't work with 18 speed transmission.

2032295431_role_GameModeratorLeader(1).p

• 2 weeks later...

I think it’s better to use a 6-speed gearbox, especially when you just start the vehicle, there is a feeling of thrust,In the cab time, I feel a little bit of the front of the car cocked.?

Archived