Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

How to avoid motorway pileups?

murray5521

Hello I havent neen on here for awhile due to family covid problems I hope your all staying safe,its glad to still be here I had my forst game back on the multiplayer server 1 going over the motorway bridge from duisburg calais usually there is a huge queue on the road however I was casually driving on highway.

All of a sudden there was a crash just above the bridge which blocked off the highway most people used f7 enter there was 10 trucks already crashed on the bridge I stopped in time then another player crashed into the back of me which caused me to fly over the bridge down onto the road.

Like a sudden pileup crash but how do you avoid situations like this? I was worried that the game moderators might not have seen what really happened but the highway was completely blocked off because no one would f7 enter? How do you or what is the best way to avoid this situation? Thankyouu everyone stay safe??

Hey there! I personally don't like going into Calais or Duisburg themselves because of the huge amount of players that don't know how to drive properly and the low FPS I get so I avoid those locations at all or surround them. 

Here's a guide on how to survive while driving on the C-D Road and try not to get banned: 

I also recommend taking secondary roads instead of the main road that takes you quicker in between those cities :)

spacer.png

The easiest thing to do, as @Dubbeledraaideur [NL] mentioned, is to avoid high traffic areas. If you do have to travel through the Calais-Duisburg road, stick to a slower speed (90 km/h is good) and be prepared to stop if something happens; that way you'll reduce the risk of being involved in a serious accident.

• Community Manager

Hey there! 

These cases tend to happen a lot. They aren't rare on the road that goes from Calais to Duisburg, so Game Moderators are trained to look for more things that would lead to things such as whose fault it was, how it happened, and why it happened. In some cases, a user might've been reported and a game moderator would (if able due to the amount of reports sent in during peak hours) do the above things and decide that no punishment or action is needed. 

During an incident like this, you eventually got hit from behind, causing you to flip over the barriers and onto the road below. In order to not be banned for rule §2.3 - Blocking, you should press F7 + enter in order to get out of harms way as fast as possible. To answer your question on how to avoid it, just do your best to be aware and cautious, especially around those areas as there are more people!

I hope you are doing well in these trying times! Please feel free to reply to this topic with any further questions. 

xBestBBx

Community Moderator Trainee (Forums) 

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @murray5521,

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because of your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days), because every day lots of new topics are creating and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion. We apply these procedures to keep the forum organized and active in this way.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind regards,

Snap Dragon

TruckersMP — GML | Game Moderator Leader

GökBörü VTC — COO | Chief Operating Officer

CHub (Drivers Hub) — PM | Project Manager

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d of the Year 2019

Archived