Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

About game moderation application

lilxleb

Ill get straight to the point:

I think that the game moderation team has too much to do.

As I see this, the game moderation team is overwhelmed with the already small about of things that they have to manage, mostly handling of reports.

For example, yesterday (02/25) there were around 10k people online on the servers at peak hours. There is no way that around 75 moderators (wild guess, am judging for how many people are online on discord) online can manage all of the reports and gameplay offenses that users have created (statement depends if all of them actually are doing something), which is shown by the user report system being heavily overloaded for the last 15 or so hours, which is going to only get worse when todays peak hour hits (since it is Friday).

All of this, of course, can be negated by adding more game moderators to the team.

The application (which is currently open) denies people who have been banned in the last 12 months from applying. As I have experienced myself, this just means that the user hasn't done anything dumb on the main roads (calais-duisburg mostly) and hasn't caused purposeful chaos on the roads. It is impressive to not get caught doing this for 12 months, but the point I am trying to make is that the rules can be still broken. 

As I am a person who has been banned a single time, the ban gave me time to actually read the rules properly and more in-depth, becoming more aware of what actions can get me banned. Of course, there are people who break the rules and don't learn anything if they get banned, but I would say that a good 75% actually research why they were banned, if it wasn't obvious in the video.

The main concept of denying people who have been banned is good, but it needs to be tweaked a little.

My suggestion would be to either edit the application requirements to be something more reasonable, like shortening the no-ban period to 1-3 months for people with a single ban (in the interview asking them questions about their ban and seeing if they admit their guilt to them and can remember it) and keeping the same time for people for 2 or more bans. This would drastically increase the amount of people who can apply, and i have trust in this community that there are many good people willing to join the team. A different way to approach this is to completely overhaul the system, for example splitting the whole game moderation section into 2 sectors - one who prioritizes people for in-game reports and a different for actual in game kicking and banning, in this way splitting the workload and creating a more specific application process and a way for people to prove themselves and get into actual in-game moderation, not to mention the effectivity gains on both ends.

• 1 month later...

Hello, 

Thank you for taking your time into submitting your suggestion to us.  

I've read your suggestion and I have a couple of things to point out.  

We have to set a line somewhere. The moderators should be an example to the community and therefore we decided that there should also be a limit on how many bans one can have and how recent the ban was.  

I understand that 12 months is quite a long time but it's easily reachable if you don't drive like a maniac within TruckersMP and if you record your own gameplay in case something does happen. We also want to make sure that whomever we accept into the team has to be trained first in order to proceed as moderator. This can sometimes take some time and we don't have the man-power to do too many at the time. When it comes to recruitment and recruiting new members, there are a whole lot of members that get accepted and slowly join our team but sadly we cannot speed up this proces. This simply takes time due to several reasons. It should also be noted that we do have quite a lot of people leaving our team. Sadly it does occur that a staff member leaves and they are not easily replaceable. We cannot host recruitments just to hire 1 person. We can only start recruiting people again once everyone is ready that is involved in the proces of this, therefore taking up time. Again, also this cannot be sped up as it's a very intensive proces which requires a lot of people.  

We do try our best to see and hear everything within TruckersMP but sadly we just cannot. In an ideal world your suggestion would make perfect sense and would easily be put in place, but sadly we are, for now, unable to do so. 

All of our staff members within TruckersMP are volunteers and therefore are we also not forcing them to do things they don't want to do. We have to keep in mind that most of our staff members are still following a study and therefore sometimes have less time due to this.  

We do ask our users to report other users if they feel like it/when they are violating the rules. Of course we cannot see or hear everything, except when we have actual video evidence, like for example a website report.

We have already adjusted our requirements when it comes to applying as Game Moderator, but sadly we cannot change the 12 months rule as that is too important to us.

I hope this answers your question.

Also make sure to use the correct suggestions format before submitting another suggestion to us.  

Kind regards,

Schak Bruijn

TruckersMP Community Manager

• Like 1

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Ban Appeal | Website Report

Schak Bruijn

Views expressed are my own and do not represent anyone else.