what brand of truck do you recommend to other players?

veetin

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scania is good in terms of engine power but to experience good acceleration scania needs to be above 1200 rpm and it has a narrow torque band(my experience) and in volvo the engines have good torque in all rev range which results in like if you are on higher gear,you can pull good.Volvo pulls good from 800rpm( my experience).I recommend volvo as I has good acceleration and also drivability in higher gears

Depends on what players.

New players, even people who drive in real life, should simply use the old Volvo. It’s the ultimate foolproof truck, if you use 6x2 taglift especially,  it is nearly impossible to flip over, has great speed too, very well laid-out dashboard which the average newbie would easily understand, and of course 750hp. It may be slightly difficult to handle sometimes because, barring the new 8x4 Volvo, the old Volvo is the second biggest truck in the game, but regardless great truck for new players. Note: do not use 6x4 on the old Volvo under any circumstances, it gives you more pulling power, but it’s bugged and you flip every time you turn.

The slightly more experienced players can use a Scania R730 Streamline. Why the streamline? It is just more customisable than the dead old 2009. The thing is something even I sometimes find difficult to drive; it just flips extremely easily, but has 730hp, is basically a really heavy sports car, looks nice too, and it’s a lot smaller than the Volvo, which at least by my impressions, makes a difference when turning and cornering. 

Players who struggled with this one may go for the Scania S, which is more modern, more customisable, and nearly Volvo levels of stable.

The truck I personally find most fun to drive is a DAF XF105, 6x4. 510 horsepower, can move all non-DLC cargo no problem, has a nice retro-ish interior, is surprisingly fast for its weedy engine. And has a very comfortable looking bed too.

Also people, unlike Iveco and Renault Premium, the two 520hp Renaults are here for something and should be used a lot more. The Magnum is a bit more challenging to me because I need two truck mounted GPS + the ingame GPS in order to feel comfortable, but regardless they are great trucks.

520hp is enough power for me; the Renault T feels good and modern, especially with the black interior and the extra tank has a giant fuel tank, almost as big as the XF105’s but combined with extremely low fuel consumption. What I don’t like is its rather bad visibility and poor customisation options. I argue that the Renault Magnum has THE best visibility out of any trucks in the game (The MAN trucks have bigger windshields but thicc pillars), it is also fairly nice to drive, but its interior is by all means bad.

Also pls SCS give people a Renault tuning pack.

Archived