Should road to sim changes be removed?

Guest ouzersn

Should road to sim changes be removed?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Should road to sim changes be removed?

• Yes
    • No
    • Please. They are very annoying.
    • I think it should stay as it is
    • Other (please reply)

In my opinion, I don’t think that any changes to the road to sim are necessary. The 110 km/h speed limiter works well enough. Yes, there can be a lot of accidents in high traffic areas such as the Calais-Duisburg road, but that ultimately lies on someone’s manner of driving, not within the server’s settings.

Road to simulation changes should not be changed it's making the Experience even better for everyone . If you want to drive at fast speeds or Reckless Driving & with no consequences then you are free to use the arcade servers :) . 

TruckersMP are doing a great job on making this as realistic as possible & keeping the roads safe . it's to benefit everyone I think.

On 2/23/2021 at 10:36 AM, blabberbeak said:

Welcome to the life of WOT players.

That has happened several times to me, literally ruining an uneventful 2k+ kilometer ride just 5 minutes before arrival with no chance of loading an auto save.

There is still F7 and tow to the nearest garage to fix the damage. At least thats what I do all the time, I never use /fix

On 2/23/2021 at 10:36 AM, blabberbeak said:

Welcome to the life of WOT players.

That has happened several times to me, literally ruining an uneventful 2k+ kilometer ride just 5 minutes before arrival with no chance of loading an auto save.

There is still F7 and tow to the nearest garage to fix the damage. At least thats what I do all the time, I never use /fix

On 2/23/2021 at 8:32 AM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

They should not be removed, but changed. Into a harder simulation style. Trucks with trailers taking sharp turns at 70 Km/h or stopping in 1 second from 110 Km/h is ridiculous, the servers should enforce low stabilities and braking intensity. Also, the /fix command should be removed and the option to load previous autosaves too, make it the same as it happens in World of Trucks jobs. If players started tipping over every time they speed and weren't able to load a previous save to keep going like nothing happened, they'd start driving more carefully instead of running full speed at all times. Also, trucks should be limited at 90 Km/h, just like they are governed in real life in Europe, a truck driver removes or disables the governor, they are punished IRL (in the game, it would simply be impossible to remove or disable, unless using hacks and we all know what that implies...).

Speaking from my experience as a player.

I would not remove the /fix command.  It was put in i think give players the ability to fix their truck in the event of someone trolling and deliberately ramming them.  As or the speed limit, I run at 90km/h, whether I am in a truck or a Skoda.  - removing Autosaves when not in NCZs, yes I would agree with that as it prevents players from spawning in after being kicked from the server or crashing, the only auto save will then be in an NCZ area. 

My only take on as to why you would want the Road To Simulation changes removed is because quite simply you want to drive on the servers like its a demolition derby.  well if demolition derby is your fun, go play Beam NG or similar and let us Sim-Stylers do what we do best, DELIVER CARGO.  I would also put a 60km/h cap on the Northern France Coast road, all the way from Calais to Duisburg. 

[quote]4 - I'd make it so in order to register a TruckersMP account no time is required. But it would be required to have a World of Trucks account (they are free) and at least 10 World of Trucks jobs with routes longer than 500 Km completed in single player. This would ensure that all players have at least learnt the basics of the game in single player, unlike now, that they can even go AFK for some hours and come back instantly to MP with no idea about how trucks handle, how to use the basic options and features of the game, the MP rules and so on. Although this can be seen as far-fetched, but now someone can buy the retail DVD and start playing right away, only they'd need to register/activate the game in Steam to use TruckersMP, so... Why not make it a requirement to have them registered also in World of Trucks? Once registered in MP, no one would be forced to use WoT linked profiles or do WoT jobs exclusively.[/quote]
This I like the sound of.  Too many players come on and think that its a racing game.  Well the only thing you are racing in trucking is a deadline, and here the deadlines are so loose (because rest periods don't roll the clock like in SP), you could go from Kirkenes to Cagliari at 20km/h and still have several hours to spare so there is absolutely NO NEED to race around like you're trying to out run a nuclear blast wave. 

Also with MP, unlike the SP main game, the clock rolls on constantly so when you are doing a job and you crash, then reload a save you loose all the time off the run so have to make up that distance again, but you have not  got the time back, so every time you crash you're eating into the clock, so the key here is to slow down, and if you want to drive like a total idiot, TMP have given us the ARCADE SERVERS, here the rules of:
Reckless Driving
Blocking
Inappropriate Overtaking,
Inappropriate Convoy Management
Ramming.

do not apply, as you are server wide non collisions.  Furthermore there is no speed limit so you can go as fast as you like without harming anyone, so if you go here you are away from the road to simulation because it is designed for letting your hair down and chilling. 

And to put it bluntly,
if you want the Road To Simulation changes removed, then you are playing the wrong game.  Go play a racing game and not a freight delivery simulator

18 hours ago, Space Night said:

Speaking from my experience as a player.

I would not remove the /fix command.  It was put in i think give players the ability to fix their truck in the event of someone trolling and deliberately ramming them.  As or the speed limit, I run at 90km/h, whether I am in a truck or a Skoda.  - removing Autosaves when not in NCZs, yes I would agree with that as it prevents players from spawning in after being kicked from the server or crashing, the only auto save will then be in an NCZ area. 

My only take on as to why you would want the Road To Simulation changes removed is because quite simply you want to drive on the servers like its a demolition derby.  well if demolition derby is your fun, go play Beam NG or similar and let us Sim-Stylers do what we do best, DELIVER CARGO.  I would also put a 60km/h cap on the Northern France Coast road, all the way from Calais to Duisburg. 

[quote]4 - I'd make it so in order to register a TruckersMP account no time is required. But it would be required to have a World of Trucks account (they are free) and at least 10 World of Trucks jobs with routes longer than 500 Km completed in single player. This would ensure that all players have at least learnt the basics of the game in single player, unlike now, that they can even go AFK for some hours and come back instantly to MP with no idea about how trucks handle, how to use the basic options and features of the game, the MP rules and so on. Although this can be seen as far-fetched, but now someone can buy the retail DVD and start playing right away, only they'd need to register/activate the game in Steam to use TruckersMP, so... Why not make it a requirement to have them registered also in World of Trucks? Once registered in MP, no one would be forced to use WoT linked profiles or do WoT jobs exclusively.[/quote]
This I like the sound of.  Too many players come on and think that its a racing game.  Well the only thing you are racing in trucking is a deadline, and here the deadlines are so loose (because rest periods don't roll the clock like in SP), you could go from Kirkenes to Cagliari at 20km/h and still have several hours to spare so there is absolutely NO NEED to race around like you're trying to out run a nuclear blast wave. 

Also with MP, unlike the SP main game, the clock rolls on constantly so when you are doing a job and you crash, then reload a save you loose all the time off the run so have to make up that distance again, but you have not  got the time back, so every time you crash you're eating into the clock, so the key here is to slow down, and if you want to drive like a total idiot, TMP have given us the ARCADE SERVERS, here the rules of:
Reckless Driving
Blocking
Ramming.

do not apply, as you are server wide non collisions.  Furthermore there is no speed limit so you can go as fast as you like without harming anyone, so if you go here you are away from the road to simulation because it is designed for letting your hair down and chilling. 

And to put it bluntly,
if you want the Road To Simulation changes removed, then you are playing the wrong game.  Go play a racing game and not a freight delivery simulator

true words....

but still i would say at least sim 1 should be the flagship of the Road to Simulation path and showcase how it should look like no matter what. 

you want to push this theme you need to start at one point.   

- removing cars generaly  since they are mostly only used to troll ... and useless anyway. 

-speedlimits for Trucks like their respective Countries wich means 80KM/H max on the German Autobahn for example   (we got a nice speedlimit overview in the forum for this) 

- Truck/Trailer stability at a minimum of 50%   0% as mentioned before is pretty much the other unrealistic setting , as well as tiring and unfun AF.   had been a co-driver and paperguy/navigator for a few years and i cant remember ever getting seasick form a cabin that swings like a efin pendulum.   

- funny thing is the C-D prtion is rated for 60 only ...     

The mod is fine the way it is now, in my opinion. The game is meant to be played in a variety of different ways. Hence why SCS has put so many options to alter the gameplay, and finetune it to your playstyle.

Considering this is a multiplayer mod that wants to suit everybody's needs. I don't think it would be wise to conform the servers to only fit the playstyle of ultra realism.

Playing together with thousands of other people means compromising. If you want to play with your specific playstyle, then by all means play the game in singleplayer. But if you want to play with more people then you need to respect that they might want to play the game a little different than you.

I believe TMP right now is a great place that suits everybodies needs.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

On 3/9/2021 at 9:44 PM, Space Night said:

ARCADE SERVERS, here the rules of:
Reckless Driving
Blocking
Ramming.

When offered the arcade server,  the no-speed-limit party reveals its true intentions and additionally demands collisions to be enabled, because according to them, driving fast without collision is boring.

What they actually want is to drive at excessive speeds (150+ km/h) with the possibility to crash and/ or cause accidents.

Maybe to show off, maybe to promote this "funny" behavior on YouTube... who knows.

In my opinion, absolutely not. I played TruckersMP back before Road to Simulation changes kicked in and the roads were dreadful, albeit I was driving on Calais to Duisburg prominently. Back then, there was no speed limit and it was awful. Since then, I have felt my driving experience has thoroughly improved. You can make the point that maybe people see me as a staff member and drive appropriately but nevertheless, the new speed cap has definitely reduced accidents I see whilst driving on the roads or moderating.

I'm glad TruckersMP is focusing towards Simulation predominantly so simulation fans can actually enjoy the game as how it's meant to be played instead of some players treating it as a racing game.
Just my 5 cents ?

yo

7 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

^^ Not if people didn't drive as if they are in NFS or GTA driving super-sports cars. I've used 0.0 in all stabilities and suspensions and never had a problem, it's all about knowing where and how much you need to slow down. And AFAIK, the game as SCS wants it is... single player.

Yeah, if multiplayer from scs will come out, that they are ramming and bad drivers left in TMP.  There will be a decrease in the report. It's funny that they introduce used 0.0 in all stabilities and suspensions. These are racers for speed and went into a turn and rolled over.?

If multiplayer from SCS comes out, it will be nothing like TruckersMP. If it works the way it's been speculated, their MP will be like a small local server that a player hosts and only a few other players can join. Some players will leave, sure, but not nearly as many as some people seem to think. That's why it's important to keep TruckersMP servers and rules as controlled as possible, so we don't go back to the "Wild, wild West" environment that we used to have in the past.

Like some other guy said, i would even reduce the top speed that currently is set on sim servers, like from 110 to 90, even if i understand that probably would be too much for the majority of players that like to enjoy driving fast. But this is only my personal opinion, based on what i usually see in game ?

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

hell if I had my way, you'd have to do a form of driving test to be allowed access to a dedicated simulation server

This would involve sign knowledge, manoeuvring tests and basic driving. 

There is a core of players who think it acceptable to sit 2.5m off the back doors of a  player doing 100km/h to intimidate the player into going faster, then when that player gets a slight lag spike or the brake lights come on because cruise control is triggering the retarder, or the player is slowing down for a bend or what ever, report him for brake checking rather than taking their own responsibility into their own hands. 

Road to Sim changes are here to stay and should, in my opinion be pushed more.  you are playing a freight delivery simulator not a racing game so if you want to race, GO PLAY A RACING GAME as ETS2 and its stablemate ATS are not the rigt game for you

I like it the way it currently is.
Simulation servers have a speed limiter set to 110 km/h and that is realistic. /fix, which is available every 10 minutes, command is useful, although not very realistic.

If you don't like the speed limiter and would like to use /fix as many times as you wish, you can join the Arcade servers. I personally use Arcade servers when I want to log some kilometers, which I am doing lately.

When I want to chill and relax a bit I use the Simulation servers and try to stay away from the busy areas.
I admit that every now and then I go to CD road and I like the way it is, though not everyone is being respectful of others.

vldv44_

TruckersMP  

Translator 

image.png.cc04a4aa66a9a3c6e53cdaba9217dc4a.png

Human Resources

|Italian Subforum|Knowledge Base|Rules(KB)|

Have a fantastic day ahead!

On 3/15/2021 at 8:48 AM, vldv44_ said:

I like it the way it currently is.
Simulation servers have a speed limiter set to 100 km/h and that is realistic. /fix, which is available every 10 minutes, command is useful, although not very realistic.

If you don't like the speed limiter and would like to use /fix as many times as you wish, you can join the Arcade servers. I personally use Arcade servers when I want to log some kilometers, which I am doing lately.

When I want to chill and relax a bit I use the Simulation servers and try to stay away from the busy areas.
I admit that every now and then I go to CD road and I like the way it is, though not everyone is being respectful of others.

treat the /fix as getting the duct tape out. 

As for the CD road, the calais end of the road needs traffic lights at the junction and if i had my way, a town-lock of 60km/h to stop idiots going through the junction complex at 110km/h when its a 70km/h speed limit in that area BECAUSE OF THE JUNCTION

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived