Should road to sim changes be removed?

Guest ouzersn

Should road to sim changes be removed?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Should road to sim changes be removed?

• Yes
    • No
    • Please. They are very annoying.
    • I think it should stay as it is
    • Other (please reply)

They should not be removed, but changed. Into a harder simulation style. Trucks with trailers taking sharp turns at 70 Km/h or stopping in 1 second from 110 Km/h is ridiculous, the servers should enforce low stabilities and braking intensity. Also, the /fix command should be removed and the option to load previous autosaves too, make it the same as it happens in World of Trucks jobs. If players started tipping over every time they speed and weren't able to load a previous save to keep going like nothing happened, they'd start driving more carefully instead of running full speed at all times. Also, trucks should be limited at 90 Km/h, just like they are governed in real life in Europe, a truck driver removes or disables the governor, they are punished IRL (in the game, it would simply be impossible to remove or disable, unless using hacks and we all know what that implies...).

3 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

They should not be removed, but changed. Into a harder simulation style. Trucks with trailers taking sharp turns at 70 Km/h or stopping in 1 second from 110 Km/h is ridiculous, the servers should enforce low stabilities and braking intensity. Also, the /fix command should be removed and the option to load previous autosaves too, make it the same as it happens in World of Trucks jobs. If players started tipping over every time they speed and weren't able to load a previous save to keep going like nothing happened, they'd start driving more carefully instead of running full speed at all times.

Although I understand some of your points, I disagree that they should be hardened.

The majority of players don't want to play at those extremely high levels of realism, and those who do can individually change the stability of their vehicles instead of it being server-wide.

I think those changes you suggested would seriously alienate a large percentage of the playerbase. At the moment, it's down to the player how much they want their gameplay experience to be a hard simulation, and I think that's a lot better and more accommodating than what you're suggesting.

The /fix command and loading autosaves has been highly beneficial to recover after collisions, and I think that as long as there are still reckless drivers (which there always will be), we need those tools to help recover in case we were involved in a collision. If you suggestion was implemented, entire jobs could be lost due to a reckless driver near the end, which isn't fair or a pleasant experience. 

Therefore, I don't think that your suggestions will be or should be implemented as they reduce the quality of gameplay for the majority of players.

Kind regards, 

.Quality

rk0ThyI.png

46 minutes ago, quality_productions said:

you suggestion was implemented, entire jobs could be lost due to a reckless driver near the end, which isn't fair or a pleasant experience. 

Welcome to the life of WOT players.

That has happened several times to me, literally ruining an uneventful 2k+ kilometer ride just 5 minutes before arrival with no chance of loading an auto save.

So no, the Road To Simulation should not taken back but instead be tuned for the benefit of this community.

I second the suggestion that @FernandoCR [ESP]
has made earlier in this post.

Server-sided profiles with preset stability and braking settings with no possibility of tweaking these nor changing experience level, money balance, etc.

That would end the history of most reckless behaving players and increase realism and positive game experience.

1 minute ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Welcome to the life of WOT players.

That has happened several times to me, literally ruining an uneventful 2k+ kilometer ride just 5 minutes before arrival with no chance of loading an auto save.

So no, the Road To Simulation should not taken back but instead be tuned for the benefit of this community.

I second the suggestion that @FernandoCR [ESP]
has made earlier in this post.

Server-sided profiles with preset stability and braking settings with no possibility of tweaking these nor changing experience level, money balance, etc.

That would end the history of most reckless behaving players and increase realism and positive game experience.

Server sided profiles sounds really terrible. Sure, it might reduce some reckless drivers, however they're always going to exist and it would remove the chance of recovery from any road collisions, as well as destroying the entire save-editing and local-modding community, which is a big part of TruckersMP.

Doing WOT style jobs is a choice, not a mandate, and although I appreciate your concern with the reckless drivers ruining your trip, you can take steps to mitigate this risk. 

For instance you could drive on lesser populated servers, use the TAB menu to check for approaching players, drive defensively and use a beacon and low-beam headlights to warn of your presence. You could even use https://map.truckersmp.com to check for other players in your destination city and if you're concerned, you can always use an arcade server to finish your job.

Although the improvement you suggested might reduce the risk of job ruining, it is always going to be there and I think that that is something you are going to have to accept if you choose to do WOT jobs on multiplayer.

Kind regards, 

.Quality

rk0ThyI.png

I would make harder simulation style as stated above. But don’t forget about the arcade players, if collisions on arcade servers were enabled, reckless and arcade players would leave the simulation servers and enjoy demolition derby on Arcade servers.

2032295431_role_GameModeratorLeader(1).p

2 minutes ago, ASIR [CZE] said:

I would make harder simulation style as stated above. But don’t forget about the arcade players, if collisions on arcade servers were enabled, reckless and arcade players would leave the simulation servers and enjoy demolition derby on Arcade servers.

I think I'm correct in saying that TMP has stated that collisions will never be enabled on arcade servers.

The reality is that the servers are always going to be a slight compromise as there are limited resources, but many different types of players.

One thing that hasn't been considered with the Server Side Profile idea is the issue of bandwidth. My profiles folder is over 150MB in size, so the required bandwidth to download that for each time someone wants to play TruckersMP is incredible. This idea will almost certainly never be implemented due to bandwidth limitations alone, not even considering whether or not it is a good idea that would actually be beneficial. 

Kind regards, 

.Quality

rk0ThyI.png

I think the Road to simulation changes are great, the implementation if speed limiters in towns and cities slows traffic down and avoids collisions at junctions where people may be merging into roads. This is a simulation based game so really not going to a more simulation based server kind of defeats the purpose of playing it. There is still the arcade servers without collisions and no speed limiter if you wanted to blast out jobs and speed, and there will also hopefully be the TMP 7 server opening soon which has no road rules.

3 hours ago, quality_productions said:

Although I understand some of your points, I disagree that they should be hardened.

The majority of players don't want to play at those extremely high levels of realism, and those who do can individually change the stability of their vehicles instead of it being server-wide.

I think those changes you suggested would seriously alienate a large percentage of the playerbase. At the moment, it's down to the player how much they want their gameplay experience to be a hard simulation, and I think that's a lot better and more accommodating than what you're suggesting.

The /fix command and loading autosaves has been highly beneficial to recover after collisions, and I think that as long as there are still reckless drivers (which there always will be), we need those tools to help recover in case we were involved in a collision. If you suggestion was implemented, entire jobs could be lost due to a reckless driver near the end, which isn't fair or a pleasant experience. 

Therefore, I don't think that your suggestions will be or should be implemented as they reduce the quality of gameplay for the majority of players.

That "large percentage of the playerbase" would still have the arcade servers, same as now, where they could drive faster, with full stabilities, whatever settings they'd want, but unable to destroy other players' games. That "large percentage of the playerbase" was the one that brought the "Road to Simulation" changes in the first place, they adapted or not, there are still lots of them, so maybe a new change is needed. And not for worse, IMO.

Why should I be on the defensive all the time, constantly alert of my surroundings, dodging trolls intentionally steering into me along the way among all the other nonsense, if I choose to play on "simulation" servers?

No joke, simulation is still way too arcadish, mostly because there is practically no incentive to even look where you or others are going, the small fraction of rule breakers who get caught are quickly replaced by new members.

Imagine if TMP managed to add AI traffic into the current simulation servers, that would be pure chaos.

Frankly, I couldn't care less about most of the playerbase and I wouldn't miss them if they leave should the "road to simulation" ever gets pushed further.

I fully support harder simulation changes, and even server side profiles - my current profile for ETS2 is about 1,6MB with 2 manual savegames, if you profile folder is hundreds of MB, it contains lot of backups made by updates.

1 minute ago, Granite said:

Why should I be on the defensive all the time, constantly alert of my surroundings, dodging trolls intentionally steering into me along the way among all the other nonsense, if I choose to play on "simulation" servers?

No joke, simulation is still way too arcadish, mostly because there is practically no incentive to even look where you or others are going, the small fraction of rule breakers who get caught are quickly replaced by new members.

Imagine if TMP managed to add AI traffic into the current simulation servers, that would be pure chaos.

Frankly, I couldn't care less about most of the playerbase and I wouldn't miss them if they leave should the "road to simulation" ever gets pushed further.

I fully support harder simulation changes, and even server side profiles - my current profile for ETS2 is about 1,6MB with 2 manual savegames, if you profile folder is hundreds of MB, it contains lot of backups made by updates.

Server side profiles will never happen. Community run events use CC and Media profiles in order to run properly and TMP isn't going to effectively stop them from running, particularly as they've just released their new events system.

Kind regards, 

.Quality

rk0ThyI.png

46 minutes ago, WNxArcticwolf said:

I 3rd the harder sim suggestion.

local-modding community of truckersmp where? sorry only mod i see on the truckersmp servers ever is the winter mod. 

Well what's the point of Arcade servers then ( waste of power and hardware). I thought that's the reason they was brought about.

Local modding is where you add local-addon hookup accessories to your vehicle. The local means that they're local to your system, so you won't ever see these accessories on other vehicles, only your own. This has exploded in popularity recently, and there are lots of places you can download them or even make them.

Kind regards, 

.Quality

rk0ThyI.png

9 hours ago, quality_productions said:

Server sided profiles sounds really terrible. Sure, it might reduce some reckless drivers, however they're always going to exist and it would remove the chance of recovery from any road collisions, as well as destroying the entire save-editing and local-modding community, which is a big part of TruckersMP.

Doing WOT style jobs is a choice, not a mandate, and although I appreciate your concern with the reckless drivers ruining your trip, you can take steps to mitigate this risk. 

For instance you could drive on lesser populated servers, use the TAB menu to check for approaching players, drive defensively and use a beacon and low-beam headlights to warn of your presence. You could even use https://map.truckersmp.com to check for other players in your destination city and if you're concerned, you can always use an arcade server to finish your job.

Although the improvement you suggested might reduce the risk of job ruining, it is always going to be there and I think that that is something you are going to have to accept if you choose to do WOT jobs on multiplayer.

Frankly, I don't care if other players can't recover their game.
I am interested in adding more realism to the simulation. Which is why I think that server-sided profiles would be a huge improvement. Players will learn that nothing comes for free and that their actions will have consequences. Time pressure, insufficient sleep, poor payment - these are the things that truckers face nowadays. Imagine you had to face these and nevertheless succeed in delivering your cargo - wouldn't that feel more rewarding than just driving around like a maniac with unrealistic vehicle settings, knowing that you could always edit your bank account to another 6 billion dollars in case somebody wrecks you?

I am a reasonable driving player and advocate of simulation and realism who even follows real world road traffic rules and resting times in ETS2 and ATS. I always drive defensive and take sufficient measures to secure my vehicle and cargo and ensure a safe participation in road traffic.
In light of the above, I find your suggestions to mitigate the risks of reckless driving players inappropriate.
Especially your idea that I should change from a server that is meant for players like me to the arcade server, which is the total opposite of what I stand for, doesn't address the actual problem of an increasing number of reckless driving players and trolls at all.

Unless you plan to overturn the "Road To Simulation" idea and plunge the simulation servers into total mayhem.

Guest ouzersn

I saw that most people think road to sim changes make sense here. because they didn't wait 2 weeks when they were unfairly banned for trolls. They did not receive unjust punishment. If you were banned unfairly here because of those trolls, you would surely find road to sim changes unreasonable. You are now defending road to sim changes because you have not received an unfair ban penalty. Please provide your opinion objectively here.

Note:This comment is not meant to defame anyone

46 minutes ago, [ETS2MCG] dogearmy (TR) said:

I saw that most people think road to sim changes make sense here. because they didn't wait 2 weeks when they were unfairly banned for trolls. They did not receive unjust punishment. If you were banned unfairly here because of those trolls, you would surely find road to sim changes unreasonable. You are now defending road to sim changes because you have not received an unfair ban penalty. Please provide your opinion objectively here.

Note:This comment is not meant to defame anyone

Could you elaborate how a "ban by mistake" is related to "Road To Simulation" ?

Or maybe explain what you call "unfairly banned for trolls"? I have been trolled, lots of times. More before Road to Simulation because there were more "simulation haters" I guess, but still I keep being trolled, like anyone else, only I'm more experienced now and can spot trolls easier and avoid their tactics. But I've never being banned, fairly or not, because of being trolled. People I've seen complaining about "unfair ban because I was trolled", are usually the ones who reacted to those trolls, by ramming back, blocking, insulting... Which is exactly what many trolls are looking for, the angry reaction, to get it on video and get the player banned, so they are trolled twice, in the game first and banned later for reacting. I mean, I'm driving peacefully, some troll comes and start messing with my game, rams my vehicle, blocks my path, whatever. I'd just stop, start recording, press F1 to not be harmed. How can I or anyone else be banned for that? It's the trolls that will be banned when a GM watches the video in my web report.

In most cases admins judging correctly but I know about the case that someone was drove into a head-on collision on the straight road so driver had to swift to the side and has hit barrier damaging himself and (what was worse) slowing down rapidly with trucks behind him, what was causing more risk. Response was something like: "No need to ban because of swift that avoided the accident". Yes but only because of fast reaction and relively low speed at the time. So I think sometimes they need to be more strict on some stuff.

Oh no. You just meet a Eror.
------------------------------

I love the road to simulation, however i do think there should be changes

Speed limits need a reform, I propose 50kph in cities [in line with irl countries] and 120kph out of cities [again bringing it in line with most european countries]

The system should enable autokicks for traffic laws above a certain player count to avoid reckless city driving

NCZ should happen in the most frequent areas, road signs can also be installed to warn players of the ncz end start zones

Account joining should be stricter, I recommend 4 hours play time on both ats and ets2

thanks for reading

Hello!

I personally do not think they should be removed. I'll give some reasons;

1. The game it self is a "simulator" - Therefore I believe that it makes sense to keep the servers as close to simulation as viable,

2. a lot of players, including myself, love the immersion that the simulation rules bring. However, I do think some changes would be nice;

- Removing the NCZs. Yes, I know this is a terrible idea and it won't happen. But if that was possible it would be so much more enjoyable. Instead of driving through people to drop a trailer you'd have to wait for them to finish.

- Adjust speed limits. I think that the speed limit within and out of cities should be increased a little bit.

Chief Technology Officer & Developer for Freightway.

On 2/26/2021 at 6:08 PM, [GB] SpeakingTheTrucker said:

I love the road to simulation, however i do think there should be changes

Speed limits need a reform, I propose 50kph in cities [in line with irl countries] and 120kph out of cities [again bringing it in line with most european countries]

The system should enable autokicks for traffic laws above a certain player count to avoid reckless city driving

NCZ should happen in the most frequent areas, road signs can also be installed to warn players of the ncz end start zones

Account joining should be stricter, I recommend 4 hours play time on both ats and ets2

thanks for reading

1 - Speed limits for trucks are strictly set in Europe at 90 Km/h. Only a couple of countries in the game allow a higher speed limit, 100 and 110 Km/h, but those speeds should need to be restricted to roads in the corresponding country, going back to 90 Km/h when leaving it and entering a different country. I'm not sure if this is even possible, so the 110 Km/h server sided speed limit seems to be the only way to go.

2 - Setting autokick for real traffic rules would make the game unplayable for many people. Imagine players being kicked for running a red light when there's no danger in doing it, like those lights at a street corner where you can only turn left and no one can come from your right side because the street is "closed". Or being kicked for going at 90 Km/h on an 80 Km/h limited highway. Or the most obvious: for going faster than 60 Km/h on like 50% of the C-D road...

3 - NCZ are anything but "simulation". More simulation would be achieved by removing all NCZ, in fact, there's no such thing IRL as "driving through other traffic". But this is not possible in certain areas, like company yards, repair stations, home garages, since players can spawn in them out of the blue and it would be complete chaos.

4 - Changing the account registration requirement from 2 to 4 hours would do nothing. Too many players would simply leave the game running in the background for 2 more hours than now, then join MP without even knowing the basics of the game, just like now.

Although I pointed out why your ideas are very unlikely to happen, I also want to say that I'd agree with most of them, if they were doable, but with some modifications:

1 - I'd agree that the Simulation servers' speeds are set at 90 Km/h for all European countries except those where the IRL limit is higher but these higher limits would only be allowed within those countries borders, going back to 90 Km/h as soon as a different country is entered. Even further, I'd suggest to make the server speed limits dynamic, so they change depending on which country the player is driving in. But... Setting different or dynamic speed limits for each country is probably an impossible or too difficult thing to do. So for now, and being that at least one country allows trucks to go at 110 Km/h on highways, this is the logical top speed that has to be allowed in MP.

2 - Being a player who always tries to follow road traffic rules, I wouldn't mind if this autokick feature were implemented, but I can see why the immense amount of complaints that would raise makes it not possible (or not desirable, to be more precise).

3 - Same as in the previous point, I wouldn't mind if NCZ were removed altogether, but as explained in the previous section, this is not possible with the current game's mechanics for spawning players that just joined the server, took a quick job, used F7 because of an emergency, used a ferry, fast travelled to another one of their garages, etc.

4 - I'd make it so in order to register a TruckersMP account no time is required. But it would be required to have a World of Trucks account (they are free) and at least 10 World of Trucks jobs with routes longer than 500 Km completed in single player. This would ensure that all players have at least learnt the basics of the game in single player, unlike now, that they can even go AFK for some hours and come back instantly to MP with no idea about how trucks handle, how to use the basic options and features of the game, the MP rules and so on. Although this can be seen as far-fetched, but now someone can buy the retail DVD and start playing right away, only they'd need to register/activate the game in Steam to use TruckersMP, so... Why not make it a requirement to have them registered also in World of Trucks? Once registered in MP, no one would be forced to use WoT linked profiles or do WoT jobs exclusively.

If you managed to read all of this... Congratulations and thank you! ?

P.S. @Velcta My ideas regarding your suggested changes are included in this "bible" I just sent...

Archived