idea for new truck

(Prime)Naylor34

Idea   

26 members have voted

1. 1. be a good idea to add Rigids trucks into the games

• Yes
    • No

I was just thinking about how you could mix the game up a little more instead of just having class 1 arctic lorries with trailers   I have seen loads around the world even with DAF, Scania, Man in the photo below you can see a lorry that holds around 44t and a RIGID that holds up to 26t depending on if it has 2 axles the next one to that is a 7.5-ton rigid. what do you guys think on theses being added into the game now i think this would make the game even more greater because i play on single player  a lot in a rigid i find it more fun sometimes then just driving 1 truck with a trailer Whats everyone eases option on this    i have emailed SCS Software and just waiting their responses  

sdfsdfsdf.jpg

download.jpg

They actually made a blog post about the rigid trucks... back in 2014 - https://blog.scssoft.com/2014/09/the-first-news-about-design.html?m=1

Implementing cargo was the first step towards rigids. Add to that licensing and modeling, although the modeling team is busy with owned trailers.

You might find this thread interesting: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=266075

Regards,

//ASIR

2032295431_role_GameModeratorLeader(1).p

42 minutes ago, ASIR [CZE] said:

They actually made a blog post about the rigid trucks... back in 2014 - https://blog.scssoft.com/2014/09/the-first-news-about-design.html?m=1

Implementing cargo was the first step towards rigids. Add to that licensing and modeling, although the modeling team is busy with owned trailers.

You might find this thread interesting: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=266075

Regards,

//ASIR

I have been looking around everywhere for a post about these thank you soo much mate 

It would be great to see rigid trucks, and it's likely been on SCS software's "back burner" for quite a while now. Their first response about it was in 2014 on their blog, just a small discussion that they were thinking about it.

Originally they said they had to make the job market able to handle cargoes separately - and now we've had that for a fair while, so it's all down to licensing, modelling, and actually implementing it.

Plus, it's a good reminder that there are not only those smaller rigid trucks, but also ones like this which can haul as much as or more than the typical truck, and this size would probably be more fitting for ETS2:

Spoiler

a0FbjD6.png

24H4oa0.jpg

I really like this idea, I hope that SCS is still working on this. It would be nice if they would implement a system that you can pick up a cargo and that you have to deliver your freight to different places. Who knows what they are working on, I just hope that it is still on their to-do list, or that they are already working on it.

3 hours ago, _Puma_ said:

It would be really cool if SCS made rigid trucks into the game. There would be finnaly 2 different types of trucks. Like ASIR said they have made a blog post about it in 2014.

But after that they didn't mention it at all but who knows maybe they are still working on it and getting all the linceses ready ?

thats what i mean it looks soo amazing if they did i just wish they brought them soon though now the traliers are out  

for the last 7 years you pretty much only hear excuses form scs . 

the latest excuse was they cant handle swivel points that "magicly and all the f....in sudden" appear  under the truckunits box .... now they need to rei-invent the wheel anew....

this is so laugable ..... modder like XBS , Eugene , Kast , MikeJ and Zippi handle this issue even without having the tools the devs have in their backhand , and this mods work perfectly.  

Zippi got a fully working swapbody as a early Alpha and the devs still dry-humping around this theme .... 

6 hours ago, seth_haveron said:

for the last 7 years you pretty much only hear excuses form scs . 

the latest excuse was they cant handle swivel points that "magicly and all the f....in sudden" appear  under the truckunits box .... now they need to rei-invent the wheel anew....

this is so laugable ..... modder like XBS , Eugene , Kast , MikeJ and Zippi handle this issue even without having the tools the devs have in their backhand , and this mods work perfectly.  

Zippi got a fully working swapbody as a early Alpha and the devs still dry-humping around this theme .... 

Mate that is spot on tbh like I agree with what your saying thier I just think that'd they can't  even botberd to even try it  like you suggest something to them and thier not Intressed in it in it at all   it can be done 

4 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

I really wouldn't mind if SCS introduced swap bodies.

They are a common sight throughout Europe and would perfectly fit into a more realistic streetscape.

Let's wait and see what SCS will answer to your email request.

I don't think they sadly will tbh mate but hope is still on the cards ?

4 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

I really wouldn't mind if SCS introduced swap bodies.

They are a common sight throughout Europe and would perfectly fit into a more realistic streetscape.

Let's wait and see what SCS will answer to your email request.

I don't think they sadly will tbh mate but hope is still on the cards ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived