Thoughts about ETS2 DLC's

raffaeloo

Good morning/evening everyone. I was just sitting at home and thinking. Is there anything left after Iberia that SCS haven't added to ETS2(like more map DLC's). If there is, what do you think could be added? Or maybe not added? Maybe more updated cities? Would love to hear your thoughts. 

Have a great one!

Raffaeloo. ✨

7 minutes ago, ASIR [CZE] said:

The next DLC will be 100% Russia and will contain Moscow. We might get Belarus aswell.

Yeaaaah, I agree with you @ASIR [CZE] 

Not exactly "Euro Truck Simulator 2" DLC anymore then.

Also, how much of Russia they will add? All of it? More than Promods I hope but I don't think so.

At this point, they are just doing 1 little job and putting it as "DLC". Back then DLCs meant a lot more.

I hope SCS should focus on scaling to make it better. 1:10 at least would be good change.

Promods does hell of a job then SCS. I think SCS should focus on doing real work.

At this rate, a new comer will have to pay like 1 million $ to really enjoy the game, what's the endgame here

Personally I would really love a future DLC to cover countries like Croatia, Bosnia, Greece, et cetera;

a.thumb.jpg.f7b500f2aff4b5303aeecfdaf8ca907f.jpg

I think the large blank space held by these countries is a big indicator that a DLC may be released for this area in the future, as well as other hints such as major roads/intersections leading into the blank areas mentioned but cut off:

Border crossings into Slovenia:

324653114_Webp.net-compress-image(3).jpg.aa8a42329eedc331e35678ce2c928a4e.jpg

^ Klagenfurt am Worthersee located in Southern Austria, has two major highways leading towards what would be Slovenia.

1881462950_Webp.net-compress-image(4).jpg.46f130d55f2ae8c41cbc839ca694fc51.jpg
 ^ Graz, also located in Southern Austria, has a major intersection also leading to what would be Slovenia.

Border crossings into Croatia:

Webp.net-compress-image.jpg.0540a1de49e1e8aebd0bbe1f90f336ca.jpg
 ^ Pecs, located in Hungary, has one major intersection leading into what would be Croatia.

Border crossings into Serbia:

899025818_Webp.net-compress-image(2).jpg.600651fde5ba3454ec0d165f52b5dfd5.jpg
  ^ Szeged, also located in Hungary, has an intersection leading into what would be Serbia.

999314556_Webp.net-compress-image(5).jpg.b1362c4e8db3bcf2874d4879e0d7e3e0.jpg
 ^ Sofia, located in Bulgaria, has this roundabout with potential to lead into what would be Serbia.

363929478_Webp.net-compress-image(6).jpg.0c93849380c930c0e8bf9c73978e078e.jpg

^ The small town of Pernik located below Sofia, Bulgaria, also has this major road leading into what would be Serbia.

Border crossings into Greece:

1430577198_Webp.net-compress-image(7).jpg.fafcb4dc6b2ec4c222dbb12dcc2eedde.jpg
 ^ Plovdiv, located in Bulgaria, has this road that leads to seemingly nowhere in-game, but could lead to Greece if continued.

2007243357_Webp.net-compress-image(8).thumb.jpg.6d8954fc45fe18d6a2fa94544dd97494.jpg
 ^ Lastly, this funny looking intersection located south-west of Tekirdag in Turkey has potential to lead to what would be Greece.

I've decided to exclude all the smaller country roads and town roads that lead into the new regions.

Obviously I'm not guaranteeing that a DLC of this sort will be released at all, however I would definitely love to see these areas explored! ?

- FunnyTheme

On 2/20/2021 at 8:18 PM, kyronTR said:

At this rate, a new comer will have to pay like 1 million $ to really enjoy the game, what's the endgame here

I do feel like credit must be given where it's due, and the base game (without any DLCs) still includes a massive area, including the UK, Eastern France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany, Parts of Poland, Austria and Northern Italy, making a total of roughly 70 explorable cities. Not to mention that the DLCs that are actually available add a heck ton of new content into the game; not only being physical cities to explore but also companies, trailers, cargo types, etc.

19 minutes ago, FunnyTheme said:

Personally I would really love a future DLC to cover countries like Croatia, Bosnia, Greece, et cetera;

a.thumb.jpg.f7b500f2aff4b5303aeecfdaf8ca907f.jpg

I think the large blank space held by these countries is a big indicator that a DLC may be released for this area in the future, as well as other hints such as major roads/intersections leading into the blank areas mentioned but cut off:

Border crossings into Slovenia:

324653114_Webp.net-compress-image(3).jpg.aa8a42329eedc331e35678ce2c928a4e.jpg

^ Klagenfurt am Worthersee located in Southern Austria, has two major highways leading towards what would be Slovenia.

1881462950_Webp.net-compress-image(4).jpg.46f130d55f2ae8c41cbc839ca694fc51.jpg
 ^ Graz, also located in Southern Austria, has a major intersection also leading to what would be Slovenia.

Border crossings into Croatia:

Webp.net-compress-image.jpg.0540a1de49e1e8aebd0bbe1f90f336ca.jpg
 ^ Pecs, located in Hungary, has one major intersection leading into what would be Croatia.

Border crossings into Serbia:

899025818_Webp.net-compress-image(2).jpg.600651fde5ba3454ec0d165f52b5dfd5.jpg
  ^ Szeged, also located in Hungary, has an intersection leading into what would be Serbia.

999314556_Webp.net-compress-image(5).jpg.b1362c4e8db3bcf2874d4879e0d7e3e0.jpg
 ^ Sofia, located in Bulgaria, has this roundabout with potential to lead into what would be Serbia.

363929478_Webp.net-compress-image(6).jpg.0c93849380c930c0e8bf9c73978e078e.jpg

^ The small town of Pernik located below Sofia, Bulgaria, also has this major road leading into what would be Serbia.

Border crossings into Greece:

1430577198_Webp.net-compress-image(7).jpg.fafcb4dc6b2ec4c222dbb12dcc2eedde.jpg
 ^ Plovdiv, located in Bulgaria, has this road that leads to seemingly nowhere in-game, but could lead to Greece if continued.

2007243357_Webp.net-compress-image(8).thumb.jpg.6d8954fc45fe18d6a2fa94544dd97494.jpg
 ^ Lastly, this funny looking intersection located south-west of Tekirdag in Turkey has potential to lead to what would be Greece.

I've decided to exclude all the smaller country roads and town roads that lead into the new regions.

Obviously I'm not guaranteeing that a DLC of this sort will be released at all, however I would definitely love to see these areas explored! ?

- FunnyTheme

yessss 

That's the point, DLCs add so much content that it's a different game at the end.

in ATS, without any DLC, you can complete all the map and learn it in a day.

That's where SCS is headed, minimal work, maximum pay.

I'mnot saying they don't deserve it, but without Promods , it wouldn't have the %70 sell rate they have right now and would be forced to do more work.

If you are experienced player in the game, you won't bother by prices but for a newcomer it's a lot of pay from zero.

That's the reason why Turks like me are so many on this game, if it's 20€ on England, it is  sold for only 2€ in Turkey.

And even sometimes I don't think it's worth it, no wonder why there are so many people from our country only

4 hours ago, FunnyTheme said:

I do feel like credit must be given where it's due, and the base game (without any DLCs) still includes a massive area, including the UK, Eastern France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany, Parts of Poland, Austria and Northern Italy, making a total of roughly 70 explorable cities. Not to mention that the DLCs that are actually available add a heck ton of new content into the game; not only being physical cities to explore but also companies, trailers, cargo types, etc.

I don’t think Iberia will become the final DLC, because although the current map area is very large, some maps are not complete. I think SCS will definitely make maps that have not yet been completed for presentation. The best ETS2 map expansion!

Truckersmp Player

Wallace[Wang]_

Misty Island - TruckersMP - Player

Ascend Cargo | Driver

image.png.a2948cf0c580647219b26e02d549447a.png

Language : Chinese ; English ; Russian ; German

Report a player | Appeal a ban | Open a support ticket

Regards and have fun ❤️

On 2/22/2021 at 7:17 AM, kyronTR said:

That's the point, DLCs add so much content that it's a different game at the end.

in ATS, without any DLC, you can complete all the map and learn it in a day.

That's where SCS is headed, minimal work, maximum pay.

I'mnot saying they don't deserve it, but without Promods , it wouldn't have the %70 sell rate they have right now and would be forced to do more work.

If you are experienced player in the game, you won't bother by prices but for a newcomer it's a lot of pay from zero.

That's the reason why Turks like me are so many on this game, if it's 20€ on England, it is  sold for only 2€ in Turkey.

And even sometimes I don't think it's worth it, no wonder why there are so many people from our country only

I don't think that Promods has a lot of influence on the sale rate. At most there are only 2400 people driving in promods at the same time. That's why there are only 2 promods servers in the EU.
But I do think that TMP, has made this game a lot more popular, than if it was only a SP game.

Also people don't have to pay for all the DLC's, to have a great experience. A lot of people, only have the base game.
And I don't think ETS2 is a different game with the DLC. There are 2 dlc's that really influence the way you drive: Heavy cargo and Special transport, but also only if you take that kind of load.

Making a map does takes more than 100's of hours. So yes it is justified to charge people for the DLC. 
They also slowly rebuilding the original map. With the oncoming update, Germany will be completely rebuild. And they do that for free.
CSC is still a private company, that does it for profits. 

At least they're not like EA. If it was EA, you would need to buy every country, and every truck with real money right at the start. And pay real money to go through a toll booth XD

20 hours ago, Dubbeledraaideur [NL] said:

I don't think that Promods has a lot of influence on the sale rate. At most there are only 2400 people driving in promods at the same time. That's why there are only 2 promods servers in the EU.
But I do think that TMP, has made this game a lot more popular, than if it was only a SP game.

Also people don't have to pay for all the DLC's, to have a great experience. A lot of people, only have the base game.
And I don't think ETS2 is a different game with the DLC. There are 2 dlc's that really influence the way you drive: Heavy cargo and Special transport, but also only if you take that kind of load.

Making a map does takes more than 100's of hours. So yes it is justified to charge people for the DLC. 
They also slowly rebuilding the original map. With the oncoming update, Germany will be completely rebuild. And they do that for free.
CSC is still a private company, that does it for profits. 

At least they're not like EA. If it was EA, you would need to buy every country, and every truck with real money right at the start. And pay real money to go through a toll booth XD

I did play the game without DLCs for 4 years, then 1 year with ALL DLCs, it does feel enourmous difference as now it's much much harder to explore it %100.

And I played ATS which was way smaller compared to ETS without any DLCs.

SCS is going more profit based than work based. In first DLCs, they did much more work with for lesser prices.

TMP is why and Promods also is %70 why they sell those as well.

I'mnot saying they shouldn't profit, I would rather see a bigger change with DLC and much bigger price then just seeing little-parts getting added every year.

It won't look much big to you but it will to newcomers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @raffaeloo,

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because of your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days), because every day lots of new topics are creating and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion. We apply these procedures to keep the forum organized and active in this way.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind regards,

Snap Dragon

TruckersMP — GML | Game Moderator Leader

GökBörü VTC — COO | Chief Operating Officer

CHub (Drivers Hub) — PM | Project Manager

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d of the Year 2019

Archived