Driving Full Speed - Tell me your opinions

Lindsey McTavish

Driving at high speed, i don't see the problem in that,

The problem is the control of the truck that somone have,

I mean if you drive costant 110, keep the safe distance, you have good reaction, you know how your truck react on your action, you can judge when overtake or not, you drive defensive and you can somehow assume when a "bad thing" it's going to happen, then it's ok.

But if someone drive costant 110 without any of the aspects mentioned above, so basically being a bullet on the road, then it's a big nono.

At the end of the day it's a simulation game, so i guess everybody is expected to drive like one would drive in real life ?

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, rs_italy said:

I mean if you drive costant 110, keep the safe distance, you have good reaction, you know how your truck react on your action, you can judge when overtake or not, you drive defensive and you can somehow assume when a "bad thing" it's going to happen, then it's ok.

That would be the ultimate "if", which many players sadly don't even rudimentarily care about. 

I am in a VTC that restrict me from going at speed however, every now and then i will accidently go over speed by mistake and bin the job so I just finish the job off in Race miles, But like I say I dont mind doing speeding, in all honest at event that I get to let my hair down and go full speed as and where I can. However in really busy and dangerous areas like kirkenes and CD road where its is very populated I take my time to get my job done unscaved.

Warp factor DAFT most of the time where I can, but there are drivers faster than me out there I can assure you. Was doing 110km/h the other day on a flat road and someone pulling a locomotive shot past me like I was stood still. speed hack I think it's called, and I dint have the recorder on. D!OH

Although I have never driven a truck IRL - I have driven an awful lot in vans and cars for previous employment.  Most of it was driving at night!  Sure TruckersMP is a simulation driving game - it is not an arcade racing game (unless you go on the TMP arcade servers), so as a simulation game, in my opinion it should be treated as real life.  The speeds should be respected and as per rule;

§2.5 - Reckless Driving

Driving in such a way that is considered unsafe and that puts other players in danger. This includes but is not limited to: driving backwards, ignoring traffic lights or road signage, speeding, racing other users (except in Tucson, Phoenix, and Södertälje (ProMods) racetracks).

Some say that I am slow when I drive around the maps of TMP.  I would say that I am careful, considerate and try to be aware of those around me.

I obey the speed limits, the other day I had another player riding all up on me honking and swerving around because I was going the speed limit and there was no lane for him to pass me, we get to a turn and I check my mirror and there he is tipped over the railing, was pretty satisfying.  Would be really cool if they forced players to play with minimum stability, I know they'll never do this because then it would be impossible for keyboard players to do anything, but maximum stability (the default) is not how the game was meant to be played with a wheel and ever since I lowered those values to 0, the game has felt much nicer to play.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived