Driving Full Speed - Tell me your opinions

Lindsey McTavish

It depends... Sometime I prefer to drive as fast as possible when the truck is under MY CONTROL. However, I do also  prefer slow down and enjoy the views along the road sometimes.

Regards, 

djmtrlltc

TruckersMP Support + Translator & DBus Translator

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think sometimes some of us driving as fast (I mean me :)) because still remember good old times when there was no speed limits no TMP. So you know old friends, old memories and excitement etc. Also some parts of the map are getting a bit boring now so places where I am going slower are promods areas, and Scandinavia. Don't know why Scandinavia. Just looks really nice so I like it more. And before someone start yelling at me. I am trying to use them unseen roads as often as I can. We need to remember that some people are just having better time when speeding (best example C-D route), and some of them are just trolls.

Oh no. You just meet a Eror.
------------------------------

For me, driving right up to the speed limiter (110 km/h) is a pretty stupid idea, especially if you're in a congested area like the Calais-Duisburg road and/or if you're carrying a loaded trailer. I usually stick to 90 km/h (occasionally 100 km/h), because that'll give me some extra room in case I need to avoid something or stop.

Driving at a slower speed helps manage corners easier and keeps the truck and trailer more stable too ?

Must of the time I often go full speed unless I'm in a congested area. But I totally respect drivers that stick to the speedlimit and I would never flash my light or spam my horn at drivers following the speedlimit. 

We all play the game differently, and I personally follow must of in real life traffic-rules. I indicate when switching lane, stop at red light and yield when suppose too. The only thing I don't do all the time is keep to the speedlimit. But I always make sure to only go fast when it's save to do so. So that I'm not causing a dangerous situation.

spacer.png | spacer.png

So I would have to say most of the time if I’m on the motorway I do have loads of moments where I would put my foot down and drive at 68MPH if I can stay in control of my driving. However I’m very good at sticking to the speed limits around players and making sure i am not in the wrong. 

- Ky_James✌

I think I should really thank you all guys. I've been reading this topic few days ago but also another one about new fashion coming up that is about simple truck and more realistic driving style. I've decided to follow speed limits (maybe except highway junctions and some places where I need to slow down just to speed up 1km later). To be perfectly fair. I love it. Even if sometimes I feel like and idiot by standing in the middle of the empty city, just because of red light. I can just sit and chill, and that what is this game about. And you people reminded me about it. Also few of my friends that I'm driving with decided to do same thing. not everyone decided to strictly obey the speed limit but they not going any faster than 90kmh.

Sooo if any person reads that now, and think: "What is wrong with you? I would drive myself crazy with that boring driving style." I have a suggestion for you. Start a new profile with full real set (maybe except tiredness sim on mp), get a basic truck, play your favourite music genre, sit nice and comfy in the back of your chair and enjoy your your game again, believe me or not if feels like the first time again. If you don't like it, you can always delete this profile and go back to 110kmh or arcade mode. And don't worry if I see you behind me, trying to overtake, I'll put my roadside indicator, slow down a little (as much as you only need) and let you overtake.

So one more time, thanks people and have a great day (or night) every one :D.

Oh no. You just meet a Eror.
------------------------------

Hey,

Most people love to hit the accelerator to go a little faster. I personally like to do it too but not on the simulation servers, my maximum speed there is 80km/h- 50mp/h at least, there are rare cases where I'm going beyond that speed (exceptions of convoys), it feels and is safer for me. Saving on fuel and taking my time to deliver the cargo.

Robin.  

Dutch-English | Sign Language

Useful links:  

TruckersMP Rules | Report System | Appealing a ban | TruckersMP Map

I think there should be both forms of respect, nobel / respectful girls or drivers could drive on the highways on the right side of the highway respecting their rights to this, and fast drivers could drive at high speed on the left side of the roads. highways. What cannot be pretended is to skip this road safety rule taught in driving schools by both some and others.

Greetings, and drive safely anyway!

In the city centre I'm always going full speed, it's not that fast due to the speed limit of 60 km/h but outside the city centre I won't go faster (unless at a convoy) then 80 or 90. I'm mostly hauling a WoT freight, so I can't go faster then 90, but I don't need to go faster, 90 is already fast enough in my opinion. Sometimes, but very rarely I go 100 or 110 km/h, but that depends in which mood I am.

I have no problems with driving over the limit or anybody else doing it so long as its controlled. No point doing 68mph round a bend you know you cant make but if your confident you can handle the truck at that speed then sure.

We are hauling after all and in real life hauling you do have deadlines and it's always the quicker the better so I apply that to my online method also.

It depends, I only go full speed, if noone sees me :D. But most of the times I like to stick to the speed limit. Except on these little Borders on the CD road, where you have to drive 50kph I dont really want to break down for this little part I would only risk a accident from the guy behind who has been trying to overtake me for 20 minutes. ?

On 2/19/2021 at 9:18 PM, Lindsey McTavish said:

So, because I'm such a law obiding young women, I do stick to the speed limits, always, never ever driving faster then 5 kph over the allowed speed. It's a game about hauling stuff from A to B to C, no need to do it fast. I'm not completeley sure about men have to be so fast in all they do, yes, I MEAN EVERYTHING. We girls like it slow, you'll reach the desired destination even with sticking to the speed limits or doing it slow.... just a hint from me boys.. :P

But still, so many people drive as fast as if they were running away from their masters' whips when doing their daily haul. But why?

Tell me your opinions on that Topic. :)

Hai, @Lindsey McTavish

I agree with you. Usually I like to drive 60-80 slowly on the road. It's more fun to drive slowly and following the rules. ? 

Hey!

I definitely dislike driving full speed. I've done it for quite some time, before I joined the TruckersMP Team, but eventually I felt it was too dangerous to drive 110km/h with a truck, and in addition to that, it's simply unrealistic. Especially with the scout car it's easy to loose control. I prefer to drive like ~10km/h over the speed-limit on side roads, but on highways I usually drive with a maximum of 90km/h, which also adds a bit to meeting other people while you're driving, since most players, I'd say, drive 110km/h. Something that anyone should keep in mind, when deciding to speed or not, is that speeding can factor in a punishment decision ;)!

Kind regards,  
Inklink  
TruckersMP GM + FM

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules | Recruitment | Feedback | Support | Guides | Report System | Appeal System | Knowledge Base 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I always drive, what the Route Advisor tells me I am allowed to drive.
Actually - when I was pretty new to ETS2 (and also TruckersMP) - I drove like the last idiot on earth. After I got my second ban, I tried to change my behavior ingame and I did.

Nowadays I drive following speeds:
Key: allowed / I do
City: 50 / 50-52

City 60 / 60

Country Roads: 60 / 64, 70/ 74, 80 / 84

Highways: 80 / 87, 90 / 90, 97 / 97 (UK), 100 / 100 (RO)

Kind Regards,

Newt

Your average pleb from Austria.

Favorite Truck: MAN TGX 2022, 4*2 Chassis, 500hp Engine and a 12 Speed Gearbox (Automatic).

Favorite Trailer: Dryvan from SCS

My VTC (on Trucky😞

badge

Archived