1. 1. Do y'all prefer Android or iOS?

• Android
    • iOS

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/23/2021 at 6:46 PM, Emirhan37 said:

I prefer ios. Because it is more secure than android

Not sure why people are laughing exactly. Android devices pose a higher risk to viruses and malware since the operating system is widely used on many devices. iOS is only used for Apple products therefore posing a significantly lower threat. To add on, apps on the App Store are strictly monitored by Apple, unlike on the Google Play Store.

Personally I have used both.
I feel like IOS restricts you however its so much more secure than android because it's made by the company that provide the phones, so security patches come out so much faster.
However android is just more convenient for me, i can customise everything about my phone, doen to changing the border around the wholepunch camera.

of course android

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

I have used both Android (Samsung) and iOS, and I must say that iOS is the better one. Mainly because:

1. I like the UI

2. No Pre-installed, unremovable commercial apps. (Such as Facebook, Instagram)

3. (More of brand thing) Apple offers up to about 6 years of software updates to iPhones, whilst at Samsung it is usually only 2 years. Which is bad for me, as I tend to use one phone for 4/5 years straight.

Downside could be that is is mainly a walled garden. For example, the current situation with Xbox Xcloud and Google Stadia, which keeps me, the customer, from using those services on iOS. Another thing would be the amount of apps available. It is much cheaper to publish your apps on Android devices, which in return has more apps on it's store front. (Less controlled, which on the other hand also brings more malware. I have seen multiple cases of this on Android before. Not denying tough that this can't happen on iOS devices, It is just less likely to happen.)

Archived