Low fps in ets 2

CayroMx4

Question

Hi, for some time in ets 2 I have a very small amount of fps. It happened when I played public 1.40 beta everything was even fine then when I returned to 1.39 I experienced huge fps drops. At sp and mp about 10-20 fps on the lowest settings. Previously, I had a steady 40-60 fps at high. I play on a dedicated graphics card all the time, I tried a lot of tutorial optimization but nothing helped. Drivers animated, all set to maximum performance. Adding a framework, decreasing settings, typing commands and other tutorials did not help. at 1.40 fps it was lower but that's rather normal. When I moved back to 1.39 I was around 10-20fps. week is trying to fix it but nothing has helped. I am asking you because I do not know what can help. 

I hope I wrote it in the good section.

12 answers to this question

Reasons can be different.

1: Look your Window's task manager to see if there is some process that consuming your cpu, gpu or memory resources.

2: Try to launch the game in DirectX or OpenGL to see if there will be difference.

3: Try to see if the fps drop is caused when you are in single palyer or with truckermp?

4: 1.40 uses new lighning system and new textures in Germany. Maybe something is messing up your game... try reinstall it?

3 hours ago, KasperE said:

Witam! 

Czy problem został rozwiązany dzięki powyższym sugestiom rozwiązań?

Twoje potwierdzenie statusu problemu pomoże nam w utrzymaniu porządku na forum!

Czekam na Twój powrót!

Pozdrawiam
KasperE
TruckersMP - Support

hello, I will refer to each solution. It happens on mp and sp, I did reinstall the game but it did not help, I had a problem with textures in Germany before, but it was fixed. I don't have any mods. I checked in the task manager what the situation looks like: when I wrote it, I was using about 50% of the frame, I had only the browser turned on, the rest were mainly system files. It was okay with the rest. Problems happen from reinstalling 1.39 when I wanted to play on mp. I ran the game in open gl and directx, but I didn't notice a big difference. The drop in fps is on sp and mp. Earlier I had 40-60 fps at high settings on sp and mp similarly. Now I'm about 10-20. I play on a dedicated graphics card all the time.

22 hours ago, ASIR [CZE] said:

Hi,

does this happen only in MP or both SP and MP?

Try:

• Reinstall the game
  • Try another game profile

Regards,

//ASIR

I did a restart and unfortunately it did not help. and this is what happens on mp and sp. another profile also didn't do anything.

19 hours ago, HeyItsIlic said:

Hi there,

Try unloading any active mods that might have been changed/updated during the version downgrade and let me know if that worked for you.

I don't have any mods. I will add that I had texture problems before, but I managed to fix it.

18 hours ago, [BG]xKiller said:

Reasons can be different.

1: Look your Window's task manager to see if there is some process that consuming your cpu, gpu or memory resources.

2: Try to launch the game in DirectX or OpenGL to see if there will be difference.

3: Try to see if the fps drop is caused when you are in single palyer or with truckermp?

4: 1.40 uses new lighning system and new textures in Germany. Maybe something is messing up your game... try reinstall it?

over 50% of my frame (8gb) consumes the system with the browser. The rest is only a few percent. I ran the game on directx and opengl but that didn't help either. I reinstalled the game but it did not help, the problems are on mp and sp.

Well, then I can only recommend reinstalling the whole game 

1. Go to your Steam library and right click on Euro Truck Simulator 2 and click Uninstall game.
  2. After succesful uninstallation install the game again.

If reinstallation doesnt help, go back to 1.40 to see if the issue persists. If not, then wait for muliplayer 1.40 support.

Regards,

//ASIR

2032295431_role_GameModeratorLeader(1).p

37 minutes ago, ASIR [CZE] said:

W takim razie mogę tylko zalecić ponowne zainstalowanie całej gry 

1. Przejdź do swojej biblioteki Steam i kliknij prawym przyciskiem myszy Euro Truck Simulator 2 i kliknij Odinstaluj grę.
  2. Po udanej dezinstalacji ponownie zainstaluj grę.

Jeśli ponowna instalacja nie pomoże, wróć do wersji 1.40, aby sprawdzić, czy problem nadal występuje. Jeśli nie, poczekaj na obsługę trybu wieloosobowego 1.40.

Pozdrowienia,

// ASIR

As far as I remember, I have already done a reinstall, but it probably did not help either. I will reinstall the game and see if the problem is at 1.40.

47 minutes ago, ASIR [CZE] said:

Well, then I can only recommend reinstalling the whole game 

1. Go to your Steam library and right click on Euro Truck Simulator 2 and click Uninstall game.
  2. After succesful uninstallation install the game again.

If reinstallation doesnt help, go back to 1.40 to see if the issue persists. If not, then wait for muliplayer 1.40 support.

Regards,

//ASIR

Yes, Try to see if 1.40 will run as before. And is the problem apear only in ETS2 or with other game to.  Look for those things that we suggested. Personaly, I think  that there is a problem with eather your video driver or some process makes trouble. Maybe try to close all unnecesary programs, turn on the task manager and then  run ETS2 and monitor the usage. Because you said you was running the game at max settings and getting 40-60fps. thats mean your computer is not weak enough...it must be something other than ETS2.

1 hour ago, [BG]xKiller said:

Yes, Try to see if 1.40 will run as before. And is the problem apear only in ETS2 or with other game to.  Look for those things that we suggested. Personaly, I think  that there is a problem with eather your video driver or some process makes trouble. Maybe try to close all unnecesary programs, turn on the task manager and then  run ETS2 and monitor the usage. Because you said you was running the game at max settings and getting 40-60fps. thats mean your computer is not weak enough...it must be something other than ETS2.

When I played 1.40 on the lowest settings I was around 60 fps. when I slightly raised them I was around 40. Unfortunately, when I started the truck, the fps dropped significantly even to 10, the game stopped and cut. it happened while driving. The graphics processor is used in 60-70%. Cpu 30% and ram 70%. 

In task manager, the system needs the most. there are 30 files that consume a few dozen RAM memories etc. The game does not behave badly after a long time. Sometimes, however, when I go, the fps drop and it's quite a lot. The game may pause for a moment, etc. I turned off as many programs as possible.

Hello there, 

As this topic has not received a further response in over three days, it will be moved to Inactive Topics.

Should you wish to enquire further, please do not hesitate to send a private message to me, or any other Support Team member, who will be able to open your topic for additional responses.

Kind Regards,

Jamie R
Support Team
TruckersMP.

//Locked and moved to Inactive Topics.