Chinese people saying "yyy" in chat.

LirekPL

As a China player, input "Y" in the public screen, just to prevent disconnection and stay active, which is more convenient

Kind regards
Shining Stars
TruckersMP -Driver

??China Express Transportation Chief Operating Officer??

Languages:   |  ??  ?? | 
Discord:
Shining Stars#4013  | steam| Forums | World of Trucks

8 minutes ago, CET 004 Xiao Xing said:

As a China player, input "Y" in the public screen, just to prevent disconnection and stay active, which is more convenient

But it happend to me and the player was writing this while driving. I don't think it is to prevent from AFK timeout kick which doesn't work while you're moving.

Is this to prevent from AFK timeout or Unreliable connection auto-kick?

Even if you're not moving, you will still get warned after 9 minutes that you will be kicked in 1 minute if you will not do anything.

So I still don't understand why you Chinese players are doing this.

You can try it, if you type on a public screen within ten minutes, you will not be kicked

Kind regards
Shining Stars
TruckersMP -Driver

??China Express Transportation Chief Operating Officer??

Languages:   |  ??  ?? | 
Discord:
Shining Stars#4013  | steam| Forums | World of Trucks

24 minutes ago, Unnamed88008 said:

But it happend to me and the player was writing this while driving. I don't think it is to prevent from AFK timeout kick which doesn't work while you're moving.

Is this to prevent from AFK timeout or Unreliable connection auto-kick?

Even if you're not moving, you will still get warned after 9 minutes that you will be kicked in 1 minute if you will not do anything.

So I still don't understand why you Chinese players are doing this.

I think its more caught on as a non-kick thing and just something they do when they get annoyed as ive never seen anyone not driving say yyy

And while we are on this topic, why do I only ever see players from China on ProMods? 

*qualified* in website production and graphic design

2 hours ago, MarkON said:

Hello there

@LirekPL

Probably, very likely as mentioned earlier, they want to avoid AFK kick. For example, if they are on the roadside.

ps. There are also many other possibilities.
Among others, writing in the chat /p. This avoids unnecessary spam in the chat. This is especially useful during large convoys.

The anti AFK kick made sense to me, as there was a gigantic traffic jam and there were multiple people not moving.
unLQ6tI.jpeg

2 hours ago, J_el said:

I think its more caught on as a non-kick thing and just something they do when they get annoyed as ive never seen anyone not driving say yyy

And while we are on this topic, why do I only ever see players from China on ProMods? 

I met a Chinese convoy once in Bulgaria on Sim1, but I'm curious too. There seems to be something that grabs the attention of Chinese players on ProMods. Maybe snow in Iceland? 

Technically, you don't have to write "yyy" in chat - using command, such as /p will also reset the AFK timer.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

55 minutes ago, Titanic4 said:

Technically, you don't have to write "yyy" in chat - using command, such as /p will also reset the AFK timer.

Doing "y" in chat only takes pressing the button twice and pressing enter, whereas y + / + p + enter is harder to reach to when you have a steering wheel on your desk and doesn't take as long and is just all around easier

*qualified* in website production and graphic design

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @LirekPL,

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because of your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days), because every day lots of new topics are creating and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion. We apply these procedures to keep the forum organized and active in this way.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind regards,

Snap Dragon

TruckersMP — GML | Game Moderator Leader

GökBörü VTC — COO | Chief Operating Officer

CHub (Drivers Hub) — PM | Project Manager

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d of the Year 2019

Archived