Lots of lag and kicking me from the game if I'm in a populated area.

gavin_d549

Question

Hi everyone,

So my Internet is okayish, its about 55mbps download speed and I'm using an ethernet cable. When I'm playing normally and not in an area with lots of other trucks, my ping is between 20 and 40 ms. When I go to Calais, Duisburg, Frankfurt etc, quite often, I get kicked out of the game for having an unreliable connection. If I'm loading into a populated area, I'm almost guaranteed to get kicked from the game. I've looked up so many guides and done as much as I can to solve this issue but I can't. I feel like it couldn't be a problem with my Internet because 55mbps isn't a bad speed. There's probably something that I'm missing so hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks,

Gavin.

spacer.png

9 answers to this question

Hello @gavin_d549,

First of all, I would like to welcome you on TruckersMP forum!

You created this topic in a category called Guides. It is important to keep topics in appropriate categories, so I have gone ahead and moved this topic to category called Help. Our Support Team and community will try their best to answer your questions and help you with solving the issues you are running through.

Sincerely,
BL4CK$K1LL
Forum Moderator

// Moved from Guides to Help

Hi, @gavin_d549

This usually happens when you load your game in an area with heavy traffic or your PC can't handle with so many players loading at once near you.

Here are some ways I found for you in the forum:
-> Avoid doing Windows Updates at the same time.
-> Avoid loading games in heavy traffic areas (e.g Calais to Duisburg).
-> Avoid using streaming services at the same time.
-> Prefer using servers nearest to your location.

-> Close all unnecessary processes before you join the server.

Hope I can help you.

Sincerely,

Tony

Sincerely,

Hope you have a nice day~

Alan | TruckersMP | Language in English

Wanna reach me? View in Forum | Profile

Hello @gavin_d549,

First of all, thank you for creating a topic in the Help Section of the forums. 

This is not a bug or an issue with the mod. This is a user side problem which has to do with the internet connection issues such as packet loss, packet corruption or bad network bandwidth. This is a feature that was added to avoid collision crashes due to internet connection lag and avoid people getting banned as it looked like they had NCZ hack but in fact they had bad connection with the server. One way to monitor your connection issue is by typing into console g_developer 16. In order to remove it put it back to g_developer 1.

The above command will bring the below panel which will show information about your internet connection. The ones which you are mostly interested is Packetloss last second and Packetloss total. The optimal is always having 0 but if you see that those values are rising then you should worry for not having a stable connection.

R8tMyzK.png

There isn't any specific fix which will fix the problem instantly, but there are couple common fixes which could help avoid getting kicked:

• Avoid uploading or downloading and playing MP at the same time.

• Avoid doing Windows Updates at the same time.

• Avoid having too many users or devices at the same time into your network.

• Avoid using streaming services at the same time.

• Check your firewall settings into your router/switch.

• Prefer using servers nearest to your location.

• Try to talk with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and see if you can come up with a solution. Ask your ISP if they support internet profiles such as "FastPath" or "Interleave" and ask for Interleave. Interleave will raise your ping but it will do more packet checks by your ISP.

I hope this helps with your issue. 

Kind regards.

spacer.png

40 minutes ago, [VIVA] Buratti said:

Hello @gavin_d549,

First of all, thank you for creating a topic in the Help Section of the forums. 

This is not a bug or an issue with the mod. This is a user side problem which has to do with the internet connection issues such as packet loss, packet corruption or bad network bandwidth. This is a feature that was added to avoid collision crashes due to internet connection lag and avoid people getting banned as it looked like they had NCZ hack but in fact they had bad connection with the server. One way to monitor your connection issue is by typing into console g_developer 16. In order to remove it put it back to g_developer 1.

The above command will bring the below panel which will show information about your internet connection. The ones which you are mostly interested is Packetloss last second and Packetloss total. The optimal is always having 0 but if you see that those values are rising then you should worry for not having a stable connection.

R8tMyzK.png

There isn't any specific fix which will fix the problem instantly, but there are couple common fixes which could help avoid getting kicked:

• Avoid uploading or downloading and playing MP at the same time.

• Avoid doing Windows Updates at the same time.

• Avoid having too many users or devices at the same time into your network.

• Avoid using streaming services at the same time.

• Check your firewall settings into your router/switch.

• Prefer using servers nearest to your location.

• Try to talk with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and see if you can come up with a solution. Ask your ISP if they support internet profiles such as "FastPath" or "Interleave" and ask for Interleave. Interleave will raise your ping but it will do more packet checks by your ISP.

I hope this helps with your issue. 

Kind regards.

1 hour ago, Tony PS said:

Hi, @gavin_d549

This usually happens when you load your game in an area with heavy traffic or your PC can't handle with so many players loading at once near you.

Here are some ways I found for you in the forum:
-> Avoid doing Windows Updates at the same time.
-> Avoid loading games in heavy traffic areas (e.g Calais to Duisburg).
-> Avoid using streaming services at the same time.
-> Prefer using servers nearest to your location.

-> Close all unnecessary processes before you join the server.

Hope I can help you.

Sincerely,

Tony

1 hour ago, BL4CK$K1LL said:

Hello @gavin_d549,

First of all, I would like to welcome you on TruckersMP forum!

You created this topic in a category called Guides. It is important to keep topics in appropriate categories, so I have gone ahead and moved this topic to category called Help. Our Support Team and community will try their best to answer your questions and help you with solving the issues you are running through.

Sincerely,
BL4CK$K1LL
Forum Moderator

// Moved from Guides to Help

I understand now that my PC is probably at fault as well because it isn't the fastest of computers in the world but as I said, my download speed is 55mbps so how could I be having connection issues, unless 55mbps isn't that good but as far as I'm aware, it's pretty okay.

Thanks for all of your help so far,

Gavin.

spacer.png

10 hours ago, [TR]Berat_Karakaya said:

Hello there

I think that the high ping in the game lately is related to the density of the servers. But my advice to you is to exit the programs running in the background such as iTunes, Spotify, etc. and enter the game.

But the high ping is related to the occupancy rates of the servers.

best regards,

Yea I close all programs before running the game. But I've tried Simulation 2 instead and it's a lot better.

Thanks.

spacer.png