Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

0.1.5 R2 has been released.

mwl4

Wow..

I was so happy that the limiter was off until now..

to remain happy please see my thread that's pinned at top of multiplayer discussion and support me and the many other players in our protest

I don't understand what you're getting at.

I have an AI mod, for example, which makes the AI drive more human and are just as predictable as drivers on the road in real life rather than how they move like machine with the default base game. 

Do you by any chance have a link to that mod? The dumb Ai annoys the hell out of me, thought the Ai was certainly improved a lot in 1.9

there was only one server with limiter off, so all of us who wanted limiter on had no choice. Then they separated into two servers, EU1 and EU2, both with limiter off. Again, we had no choice. Now, both sides have a choice: Speed limit ON / Speed limit OFF.

If word spreads about this new distribution into SL and NSL, it's assumable that more or less 50% of players would be in each server, as it seems that's the ratio of pro-limiter vs. anti-limiter.

Point 1: Why exactly did you have no choice? Were you forced to drive over 90? I've never understood that. Maybe you can explain it to me. But why are other people going faster such a big problem for you? 

Point 2: I doubt it. Though on the forums it might be roughly 50-50 by far not all players are on the forum. I think the (mostly silent) majority simply doesn't give a single f*ck whether there's a limiter or not as long as they can play and see other peeps trucking along.

I have to say that it's not quite true that the racers here respect the simulation drivers all too well. What's the point of buying a simulation if you just make another racing game out of it? And having driven for hours yesterday, I've had MANY situations where racers pushed me off the street, crashed in my load, overtook me in highly dangerous corners (it's a miracle that they never crashed into an opposing truck, but I would have been quite pissed if I had found an overtaking truck on my side), or honked like mad at me for driving 85 in an area where 80 was allowed. If those players would respect the simulation drivers instead of just racing the streets with 130+, we wouldn't have this discussion and a speed limit server wouldn't be necessary. So in a way, you NSL guys, your problem is house-made. 

At least the mod seems to have stabilized now, cause after the installation, I first had 4 'exe is not running anymore' freezes.

Point 1: I think the biggest problem is desync. People push you aside cause on their screen they're clear. It's why I always wait for a flash from behind or until my distance is 100+ before coming back in. Also, I might have been one of those people that overtook you on a blind corner (I don't know what your name is on Steam and even if I knew I drove so often I doubt I'd remember it). It's cause I use TAB to check for players nearby. More people should do that when overtaking. It's awesome to use, even on (relatively) straight roads. Often when I start overtaking and someone pops on I slow down and get back behind the truck I was overtaking and people from the other side don't even see I was ever on their lane. Simply because the TAB feature just gives you so much more ''vision' ahead. Now I know not every player uses that TAB-feature when overtaking, but please don't assume that every blind overtake you see is actually blind  ;)

Also, you'll have people driving like retards whether you have a limiter or not. If you go 85 with the limiter on you'll get someone honking behind you cause he wants to go 90... I've had those a couple of times as well (even though I like to floor it every now and then I also take it easy sometimes. Somewhere between 80 and 100 on cruise with some good music B) (80 when limiter was on, 100 when it was off, though that 100 was a loooooong time ago, like before the limiter was first introduced)

Point 2: are you sure those 4 crashes weren't just the server being made ready for the next version? 

Such truck, much wow.

My ETS2MP stuff: https://www.youtube.com/user/keokiracer

My main Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/keokiracerhalsteren

Glad to see the limiter back on EU1 and no limiter on EU2.....it doesnt matter wich server it is on and wich not.   EU1 is for the simulator fan and eu2 is for the asseto corsa people.

Just face the facts, a lot go to EU1 because they want to play in simulation and as a good company, and are fedd up with race fanatics and rammers etc....thats why eu2 is less crowded. i'm glad they splitted up those two.

It gets the simulation fans having fun, and the race fanatics having fun. GOOD GAME ;)

• Upvote 2

Glad to see the limiter back on EU1 and no limiter on EU2.....it doesnt matter wich server it is on and wich not.   EU1 is for the simulator fan and eu2 is for the asseto corsa people.

Just face the facts, a lot go to EU1 because they want to play in simulation and as a good company, and are fedd up with race fanatics and rammers etc....thats why eu2 is less crowded. i'm glad they splitted up those two.

It gets the simulation fans having fun, and the race fanatics having fun. GOOD GAME ;)

EU1 is populated because it is the first server that is listed and people want to play with people. If devs switched them, I bet the NSL would have more players than you would expect

• Upvote 2

kvt_truckdriver_bar.png

EU1 is populated because it is the first server that is listed and people want to play with people. If devs switched them, I bet the NSL would have more players than you would expect

Yeah sure..get more excuses...how hard is it to go down with youre mouse and click another server? even my grandma can do it :D EU1 is just more crowded because VTC's don't want speeding etc....and players want simulation, ;)

• Upvote 2

Point 1: Why exactly did you have no choice? Were you forced to drive over 90? I've never understood that. Maybe you can explain it to me. But why are other people going faster such a big problem for you? 

Point 2: I doubt it. Though on the forums it might be roughly 50-50 by far not all players are on the forum. I think the (mostly silent) majority simply doesn't give a single f*ck whether there's a limiter or not as long as they can play and see other peeps trucking along.

Point one: We had no choice to play in a speed limiter enabled server. We like it that way, so no kids can come all NFS @150 Km/h, switching lanes, overtaking recklessly and destroying our trucks almost before we can see them coming. I repeat: I can understand people complaining because there is no NSL server. Also people complaining because there is no SL server. But now there are both... And people keeps complaining.

Point 2: I think people who don't care are out of the question. Like you said, they'll go into whatever server seems better, no matter if it's SL or NSL. If you make a referendum, the decissions are taken regarding the people who voted. It's true that lots of players don't come into the forums and maybe there's a way to let everybody know about the changes when login in the game, but that's not for me to do or even to decide...

As for the point about switching servers, so EU#1 becomes SL and EU# becomes NSL, I don't mind if they do it. Maybe they should if that's what it's needed to stop people from complaining.

Anyway, I just wanted to speak my mind. If someone was offended for anything I wrote, my apologies. Regards and happy driving !

• Upvote 3

Exactly this. I would not have mind switching to #2 if that would have been the simulation server (80-90 kmph is the avg. max allowed speed for trucks in the EU anyway). The admins have done a great job and the best they can to give players the choise what kind of gameplay they like/want most.

• Upvote 2

YOvd4LO.jpg?1

EU1 is just more crowded because VTC's don't want speeding etc....and players want simulation, ;)

Half of the people I saw today that were going at least 120 were VTC members. VTC members are often players that play a lot and when you play a lot you tend to go faster. Same - in general - also goes for car drivers in real life. 

And you might be in a VTC and going 'well I don't do that' but remember thaat you are not the average VTC-MP player (I think nobody is exactly the average)

Yeah sure..get more excuses...how hard is it to go down with youre mouse and click another server? even my grandma can do it :D EU1 is just more crowded because VTC's don't want speeding etc....and players want simulation, ;)

Well if it's not that hard for you you wont have a problem with making the SL-server EU2. Deal and done.

Such truck, much wow.

My ETS2MP stuff: https://www.youtube.com/user/keokiracer

My main Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/keokiracerhalsteren

Point 1: I think the biggest problem is desync. People push you aside cause on their screen they're clear. It's why I always wait for a flash from behind or until my distance is 100+ before coming back in. Also, I might have been one of those people that overtook you on a blind corner (I don't know what your name is on Steam and even if I knew I drove so often I doubt I'd remember it). It's cause I use TAB to check for players nearby. More people should do that when overtaking. It's awesome to use, even on (relatively) straight roads. Often when I start overtaking and someone pops on I slow down and get back behind the truck I was overtaking and people from the other side don't even see I was ever on their lane. Simply because the TAB feature just gives you so much more ''vision' ahead. Now I know not every player uses that TAB-feature when overtaking, but please don't assume that every blind overtake you see is actually blind  ;)

Also, you'll have people driving like retards whether you have a limiter or not. If you go 85 with the limiter on you'll get someone honking behind you cause he wants to go 90... I've had those a couple of times as well (even though I like to floor it every now and then I also take it easy sometimes. Somewhere between 80 and 100 on cruise with some good music B) (80 when limiter was on, 100 when it was off, though that 100 was a loooooong time ago, like before the limiter was first introduced)

Point 2: are you sure those 4 crashes weren't just the server being made ready for the next version? 

It's not only that they push aside, they also push from behind because they can't break in time. And then they go crazy because we 'normal' players switch lanes with 70-80 while they come from behind with 140+. The game is not made for such speed differences. The moment we check the mirror, the lane is still clear. And then, suddenly, a truck shows up with 60+ km/h more, out of the blue, because the game shows only little distance in the mirrors. But again, I stated earlier that although I dislike this behavior, I find that better than ghost streets because nobody catches up on me or lets me catch up on them. 

As for the Tab-key, it's clearly said in the rules that it should be used to check the distance in an overtake. Fact is that only few people do it. However, using it in the way you mentioned is just crap, sorry. Where's the fun in that? It takes all the excitement whether or not somebody is to come when you start an overtake. Why can't you guys just slow down a bit, wait as you would if you drove your car and use the next straight for an overtake? I think that's why simulation drivers also insist on the SL. It's not so much that you guys can drive quicker. It's that driving quicker breaks the rules of anticipation. When you drive, you want to expect things as they are. You expect people to follow certain rules. If people don't follow those rules, anticipation doesn't work anymore. So it's not primarily about people driving too fast, but the recklessness and the unpredictability that comes along with it in many cases. 

• Upvote 1

What's the point of having restriction on your driving style/type in a simulation game? If you want to travel with 90km/h do so but don't force everyone else to do the same. Now what you have done with Europe #1 and #2 is splitting the players in half i am sure the only reason that #1 has more players right now is because the game is auto-connects to it at least make a poll or something to see what players really want, just saying..

How realistic do you think it would be if  you could drive +100 km/h with a truck? WHy do you need to go much faster?

Founder/Owner @  SwecLogistics VTC  A Swedish VTC, delivering all kind of goods, safe deliveries anywhere

Please devs! Like others have said make EU 1 NSL and make EU 2 SL. That will make for a much more enjoyable game! Everyone only goes to the EU 1 server cause thats where more people are, only cause nobody wants to switch server everytime they log on the game.

• Upvote 1

How realistic do you think it would be if  you could drive +100 km/h with a truck? WHy do you need to go much faster?

Thats very realistic to do 110+ nevermind 100+! Been there done 140km/h in a big truck.... with a load... just saying

You know, if a person is too lazy to use the drop down menu to select EU#2, then they're probably the kind of speeder I don't even want to see driving around on EU#2.

Good call devs on creating both an SL and NSL server with both servers having collisions turned on.

Now everyone can stop moaning about getting rammed at 150 kmh because you'll still get rammed no matter NSL or SL. Now stop being little girls!!

• Upvote 1

Pro Twitch Streamer > Clashin_Jon.png                                                     

Good job DEV`s, last night was awesome.

I do have to admit, why not temporary switch EU1/2 and see how many people play on server #1 with the SL removed.

That would be like the final test. I have that feeling people simply join server #1 because people don`t bother (or don`t know) how to change server.

Thanks and drive safe :)

I much prefered no speed limit. If you want speed limit, there is always the option in the settings to enable it for you. But why force people who want to drive faster on an empty server? Its not that we want to race, its that 55mph is boring! I can travel at 100 and still control my truck, overtake perfectly and stop at lights.

Plus With speed limit on, the server rarely went over 2K player. With NSL, it was nearing 3K!

"A river starts out as a puddle, wanting to grow to something much bigger. As it grows, it begins to flow, making its presence known. After persistence, the river carves its path through the rock towards the sea. You are that river, start moving!

z_siteimages%5Cimg_2074_1395921187_826_2

4601768346.png