0.1.5 R2 has been released.

mwl4

It'll show that the argument people are gong to make that 'look everyone's still playing on EU1 with the limiter on so it's not a problem' is nonsense because I'll bet you 50 bucks that when the NSL and SL would be reversed most people would still be on EU1.

My guess is that a quarter of people don't even know you can actually choose a(nother) server when you start up...

What I also guess is that a lot of people couldn't give half a shit whether they're on the NSL or the SL server, they just want to play so they choose EU1, whatever the 'rules' on there might be.

I'll create a paypal account so you can send me your 50 bucks, people will gravitate to the server that has the most people on it. It won't matter on their preferences with the limiter. Protests do nothing in games because no one has the backbone to push hard enough, you're going to be wasting your time. 

• Upvote 1

nz3d07.jpg

Just...

How can you people even talk against this, the server was really empty even though 2,5k people were on 1 server. Now something that many of us think is fun (no speed limit) is forced on a server with 300-500 people on, the server is even more empty. How in hell can you enjoy clicking of 4 buttons (WASD), drive down the emtpy roads of MP in 90 KPH, and have fun!? It's not testing your skills, it's certainly not realistic in any way - because wooow, wake up call, there are people on the roads in real life (Yes I can also pull the "realistic" card).

Even though this is supposed to simulate real life, even though it's fun to play realistic you still have to understand that this is a game. I'm sitting in front of my desktop looking at an LCD screen whilst my poor computer is struggling to keep a clean fps- all to do something that I could enjoy more if it wasn't for all the people who can't allow other players to drive the way they want.

you people? how dare you. 

How can you be so rude...

You people....good grief some people don't learn manners

you people? how dare you. 

How can you be so rude...

You people....good grief some people don't learn manners

Yes this is now SL vs NSL, the only thing left is joining a party of some sort and hand out clan names.

Need help? Ask me anything regarding Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer! I Speak: ksdu1BZ.png x4kePui.png j4Bh20f.png 4QDpL1L.png gXILc45.png 405TxXl.png I Understand: lLqk5b5.png GIgj2Ow.png zANQWPE.png syQskDP.png LzW4REA.png

Want me to answer? Quote my post or use @Ediin!

Just...

How can you people even talk against this, the server was really empty even though 2,5k people were on 1 server. Now something that many of us think is fun (no speed limit) is forced on a server with 300-500 people on, the server is even more empty. How in hell can you enjoy clicking of 4 buttons (WASD), drive down the emtpy roads of MP in 90 KPH, and have fun!? It's not testing your skills, it's certainly not realistic in any way - because wooow, wake up call, there are people on the roads in real life (Yes I can also pull the "realistic" card).

Even though this is supposed to simulate real life, even though it's fun to play realistic you still have to understand that this is a game. I'm sitting in front of my desktop looking at an LCD screen whilst my poor computer is struggling to keep a clean fps- all to do something that I could enjoy more if it wasn't for all the people who can't allow other players to drive the way they want.

I don't understand what you're getting at.

I'm talking against protesting in general as a whole on games, they achieve nothing because no one actually sticks at them long enough for them to actually have any real effect. If the people who want to protest wanted to really make it count by refusing to connect to the MP client for two months and convincing others why they should do the same that would actually get a result that they want. I'm not using a keyboard for ETS2, I use a steering wheel but I do understand what you're saying.

It's true that it's a game but with the right mods you can make the game into a true simulator (if you want to). I have an AI mod, for example, which makes the AI drive more human and are just as predictable as drivers on the road in real life rather than how they move like machine with the default base game. I'm actually against the limiter being put back on, I'm not sure if you think I'm happy about this or not because by forcing the limiter back on for everyone that's actually not allowing others to drive how they want.

nz3d07.jpg

Now there are two servers with limiter and one without. Now everyone is happy.

But, in my opinion eu1 should be without limiter, as it seems that majority of people (me included) prefer it in this way. And since it is on eu2 we are forced to eu1 because it is the default server.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the update. To those who still complain, there is a server with speed limiter OFF. When version 0.1.5 came out, there was only one server with limiter off, so all of us who wanted limiter on had no choice. Then they separated into two servers, EU1 and EU2, both with limiter off. Again, we had no choice. Now, both sides have a choice: Speed limit ON / Speed limit OFF.

But that's not enough. You have to keep complaining because that's not what you want. I can only suggest that you try and make the most possible players know that there is an option to drive without speed limiter, maybe that way more people would go into EU2. If someone doesn't care what server he or she is logging into (SL or NSL) I assume they don't care about the speed limiter. I didn't know if things had changed when I connected about two hours ago, but went into EU#2 (knowing it was NSL) because EU#1 was full. If word spreads about this new distribution into SL and NSL, it's assumable that more or less 50% of players would be in each server, as it seems that's the ratio of pro-limiter vs. anti-limiter.

In any case, I woudn't dare complaining about something I'm getting for free... So, thanks again to the DEVs for all your efforts in trying to make this mod the best for averyone.

• Upvote 2

I don't understand what you're getting at.

I'm talking against protesting in general as a whole on games, they achieve nothing because no one actually sticks at them long enough for them to actually have any real effect. If the people who want to protest wanted to really make it count by refusing to connect to the MP client for two months and convincing others why they should do the same that would actually get a result that they want. I'm not using a keyboard for ETS2, I use a steering wheel but I do understand what you're saying.

It's true that it's a game but with the right mods you can make the game into a true simulator (if you want to). I have an AI mod, for example, which makes the AI drive more human and are just as predictable as drivers on the road in real life rather than how they move like machine with the default base game. I'm actually against the limiter being put back on, I'm not sure if you think I'm happy about this or not because by forcing the limiter back on for everyone that's actually not allowing others to drive how they want.

TBH I'm completely confused about your statements, you want speed limiter or not o.O

Need help? Ask me anything regarding Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer! I Speak: ksdu1BZ.png x4kePui.png j4Bh20f.png 4QDpL1L.png gXILc45.png 405TxXl.png I Understand: lLqk5b5.png GIgj2Ow.png zANQWPE.png syQskDP.png LzW4REA.png

Thanks for the update. To those who still complain, there is a server with speed limiter OFF. When version 0.1.5 came out, there was only one server with limiter off, so all of us who wanted limiter on had no choice. Then they separated into two servers, EU1 and EU2, both with limiter off. Again, we had no choice. Now, both sides have a choice: Speed limit ON / Speed limit OFF.

But that's not enough. You have to keep complaining because that's not what you want. I can only suggest that you try and make the most possible players know that there is an option to drive without speed limiter, maybe that way more people would go into EU2. If someone doesn't care what server he or she is logging into (SL or NSL) I assume they don't care about the speed limiter. I didn't know if things had changed when I connected about two hours ago, but went into EU#2 (knowing it was NSL) because EU#1 was full. If word spreads about this new distribution into SL and NSL, it's assumable that more or less 50% of players would be in each server, as it seems that's the ratio of pro-limiter vs. anti-limiter.

In any case, I woudn't dare complaining about something I'm getting for free... So, thanks again to the DEVs for all your efforts in trying to make this mod the best for averyone.

Hold your horses, a couple of days ago it was you 90KPH people who were complaining, why aren't we allowed to do it now..

• Upvote 1

Hold your horses, a couple of days ago it was you 90KPH people who were complaining, why aren't we allowed to do it now..

Easy: Because a couple days ago there was no 90 Kph server. Now, there is 90 Kph server and whatever Kph you want server. See the difference?

EDIT: I'm not saying you are not allowed to complain. Obviously you are or you'd be getting warnings from forum moderators. What I said is simply that I wouldn't complain (and I don't, I try to reason about what I think can be a solution, which seems to be the same that has been implemented now).

I'm against the limiter being enabled again, so I don't want it. Is my standpoint clearer now?

Much clearer since I'm argumenting against it against you :I

Just...

Exactly, probably about 75% of players on ETS are playing on keyboard, and what is simulation about if you just clicking 4 buttons over and over again.. I bought a racing wheel especially for ETS and also oculus rift for true simulation but still, I prefer to drive more than 99 km/h because I have to use my shifter more times and I have to control my truck more than in 90 kmph limit with a hole in my floor made by holding my gas pedal as much as I can for X hours. Also watching people crashing is fun as well, players talking with each other as well, horning at each other and other stuff and in my opinion, thats what are games for, good community and FUN and if you crash and you dont have saved game near to the accident you just need to take care of it, not trying to dont crash for full ''carrer''.. Im not saying that I have to crash to everybody I see, but is you make bad decissions and dont think about what you are actually doing you have to pay for it. 

Thats what is ETS about, otherwise just driving a truck for many hours wouldn't be so good game for most people as it is.

Also, another thing... I don't think that the players are properly notified about the speedlimiter servers itself. Only way they can find it out is forums or by some friend telling them. They won't understand what SL and NSL mean if they don't check the forums (and a lot of them are not on the forum, as lots of members previously mentioned).

Also, as others have said, reverse the servers and see the results.

I have to say that it's not quite true that the racers here respect the simulation drivers all too well. What's the point of buying a simulation if you just make another racing game out of it? And having driven for hours yesterday, I've had MANY situations where racers pushed me off the street, crashed in my load, overtook me in highly dangerous corners (it's a miracle that they never crashed into an opposing truck, but I would have been quite pissed if I had found an overtaking truck on my side), or honked like mad at me for driving 85 in an area where 80 was allowed. If those players would respect the simulation drivers instead of just racing the streets with 130+, we wouldn't have this discussion and a speed limit server wouldn't be necessary. So in a way, you NSL guys, your problem is house-made. 

Reading that one would think that I'm pro speed limiter. And in a way I am. But eventually, I'm not. Cause the big downside of speed limiter servers is that you basically never meet people on your side of the highway, unless somebody enters it just in front or behind you. I've just driven from Cologne to Dresden and haven't seen one single truck on my side of the road. And that's explained with simple maths. If everybody drives the same speed, then nobody catches up. This wouldn't be a big deal if there were enough trucks on the road. But since there aren't either, it makes a very boring experience. 

At least the mod seems to have stabilized now, cause after the installation, I first had 4 'exe is not running anymore' freezes.

• Upvote 2