0.1.5 R2 has been released.

mwl4

What they should do is some kind of Poll that automatically shows up when you start Multiplayer.exe. When you've answered the poll you'll be able to continue playing. It should ask "Do you want Speed Limiter on the server (90KPH Restriction) or No Speed Limiter on the server?". When you've answered you won't be able to answer again since your STEAM_ID has been logged. This is the only way that we can get a 99% accurate poll for this.

• Upvote 2

Need help? Ask me anything regarding Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer! I Speak: ksdu1BZ.png x4kePui.png j4Bh20f.png 4QDpL1L.png gXILc45.png 405TxXl.png I Understand: lLqk5b5.png GIgj2Ow.png zANQWPE.png syQskDP.png LzW4REA.png

Want me to answer? Quote my post or use @Ediin!

I already have proof for my argument, right now there are 1,4k on SL, and 300 people on NSL, not because we want SL - but we just do not want to play alone. It was already emtpy enough on the road with 2,5k people on, with 300 - I may just go ahead and not play at all.

Honestly, even with the added aspect of real humans controlling the trucks that you see in MP it's still empty. The roads are empty for pretty much the majority of the time apart from around EP and Calais. I'm not going to say 'Well, add AI then' because I know there would by sync issues, but that does contribute to the empty roads. As for SP it's always there, I could give you a handful of mods that would make it seem like a completely different and full game, but that's up to you. 

nz3d07.jpg

and when I just started to like MP again the limiter is back... come on just be responsible is it that hard!??

Same here. Just got back playing today cause I saw someone post a video with the limiter off. Was like yay finally able to play normally again. And then suddenly a game crash (update) and NOPE.

:(

Complete bs, you finally fixed an extremely good version of the mod, no limiter, and there aren't 3 servers, and what do you do now? You switch over to speed limiter again because "majority" of the members want it back which is a lie- since you can't measure that properly. If you would at least put the speed limit server on the second one... New people wont bother changing servers and will just connect to EU1 "proving" that it's "better"...

It's sad to see such a good mod just force everyone to split up depending on what you want to do in a simulator. If you want to go 90 KPH, well do so, why do you as a "90KPH-Guy" have to force everyone to do that as well, without speed limiter you have a choise, with it you don't.

Now I'm probably gonna get forced to play on EU1 even though I do not want a limiter because majority of people do not want to go to the alternative server for X amount of reasons, not just because of the limiter..

+10

I don't want to go on EU2 either. I play this game for interactions with other players, if I wanted to play on an empty map without a limiter, which EU2 will probably be for the reasons you posted, I'd mod my game to get rid of all the other vehicles...

I played today for 5 hours straight and got rammed only once. In the city. With the guy going nowhere near 90, let alone above it (because those yield signs are so difficult to understand). I've never been rammed less in my 'ETS2MP-life', I had some of the best interactions ever playing today. Like PK_100 (I might have gotten the name slightly wrong) who was going 60 (which I have no problem at all with) and nicely moved over for me to overtake. Indicating right and flashing me back in. Of course I thanked him with a 'blinkerconcert'. Or being able to cruise at 120 with 4 people in front of me on the road from Duisburg towards Brussels without any problems whatsoever. THAT'S the reason why I'm on here. Nice interactions with me being able to go 150 on an empty highway instead of falling asleep at 90.

(and yes I do slow down when other people are around, for example I drove Amsterdam - Rotterdam like 4 times today an that is one of those highways you don't want to drive over 110 cause it's that busy. So cruise on 100 and then when it became quiet after Amsterdam (nobody takes the A7 to Groningen, it's scary how empty that road is  :P ) cruise to 140.

• Upvote 2

Such truck, much wow.

My ETS2MP stuff: https://www.youtube.com/user/keokiracer

My main Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/keokiracerhalsteren

thats bullshit there is only more on eu#1 because it auto selects that when you open the client and people are to lazy to select eu#2 also people like to see other players so are forced to put up with the stupid limiter

That's exactly what Aurora said so I don't understand why you're calling it 'bullshit'.

Such truck, much wow.

Honestly, even with the added aspect of real humans controlling the trucks that you see in MP it's still empty. The roads are empty for pretty much the majority of the time apart from around EP and Calais. I'm not going to say 'Well, add AI then' because I know there would by sync issues, but that does contribute to the empty roads. As for SP it's always there, I could give you a handful of mods that would make it seem like a completely different and full game, but that's up to you. 

I'm pretty sure he already has some mods for that (SP) because whenever the limiter was first implemented I remember him and I (I think) exchanging mods via PM that increased traffic in the Sp-version :)

Such truck, much wow.

I'm one of those people who flies over 120km/h and never had an accident sure I came in to situation when I had to use hard shoulder or grass to run away from someone going too wide or trying to overtake with not enough speed but because the community it's greater than AI in single player and amount of players playing on EU1 makes me play but with limiter I don't want to go further than 200km otherwise I'm going mental! I do understand that it's for my safety but for God sake I can still ram others, cut them off and push them off road, go head on and implement all type of bad behaviour same as with limiter off so what's the point? Oh yeah less rolls well if you can't judge your speed for a turn you're approaching than I'm sorry but you shouldn't drive!

Simple as that

Same here. Just got back playing today cause I saw someone post a video with the limiter off. Was like yay finally able to play normally again. And then suddenly a game crash (update) and NOPE.

:(

+10

I don't want to go on EU2 either. I play this game for interactions with other players, if I wanted to play on an empty map without a limiter, which EU2 will probably be for the reasons you posted, I'd mod my game to get rid of all the other vehicles...

I played today for 5 hours straight and got rammed only once. In the city. With the guy going nowhere near 90, let alone above it (because those yield signs are so difficult to understand). I've never been rammed less in my 'ETS2MP-life', I had some of the best interactions ever playing today. Like PK_100 (I might have gotten the name slightly wrong) who was going 60 (which I have no problem at all with) and nicely moved over for me to overtake. Indicating right and flashing me back in. Of course I thanked him with a 'blinkerconcert'. Or being able to cruise at 120 with 4 people in front of me on the road from Duisburg towards Brussels without any problems whatsoever. THAT'S the reason why I'm on here. Nice interactions with me being able to go 150 on an empty highway instead of falling asleep at 90.

(and yes I do slow down when other people are around, for example I drove Amsterdam - Rotterdam like 4 times today an that is one of those highways you don't want to drive over 110 cause it's that busy. So cruise on 100 and then when it became quiet after Amsterdam (nobody takes the A7 to Groningen, it's scary how empty that road is  :P ) cruise to 140.

Exactly what  I did ran fast until i got close to somebody then ran slower but still fast enough to pass them when safe it sucks that we work hard to get loads and money to get fast trucks but now we only can do 90kmph with a truck that can go 140+. Also only ramming i saw today was me accidentally ramming someone because i forgot i was in UK and was on wrong side of road and hit them doing 30k.

That seems to be unfair to put NSL on server 2 ..All ot of peaople just log in without even considering other servers..Also we can honestly say that there had been a player increase on MP after Speed limiter off...Now they are forcing people to go to Europe 1 more crowded and with SL on ...

If they change the things vice versa and put the NSL to europe 1 it would be crowded ... It is not about SL on or off it is just about the which server takes first place in login !

• Upvote 3

Going to miss the EU#1 without limitations but I never went over 55/90 the past two days anyway.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

The hell is a protest going to do? Just go back to SP, there's your protest. 

It'll show that the argument people are gong to make that 'look everyone's still playing on EU1 with the limiter on so it's not a problem' is nonsense because I'll bet you 50 bucks that when the NSL and SL would be reversed most people would still be on EU1.

My guess is that a quarter of people don't even know you can actually choose a(nother) server when you start up...

What I also guess is that a lot of people couldn't give half a shit whether they're on the NSL or the SL server, they just want to play so they choose EU1, whatever the 'rules' on there might be.

Such truck, much wow.

The hell is a protest going to do? Just go back to SP, there's your protest. 

Just...

How can you people even talk against this, the server was really empty even though 2,5k people were on 1 server. Now something that many of us think is fun (no speed limit) is forced on a server with 300-500 people on, the server is even more empty. How in hell can you enjoy clicking of 4 buttons (WASD), drive down the emtpy roads of MP in 90 KPH, and have fun!? It's not testing your skills, it's certainly not realistic in any way - because wooow, wake up call, there are people on the roads in real life (Yes I can also pull the "realistic" card).

Even though this is supposed to simulate real life, even though it's fun to play realistic you still have to understand that this is a game. I'm sitting in front of my desktop looking at an LCD screen whilst my poor computer is struggling to keep a clean fps- all to do something that I could enjoy more if it wasn't for all the people who can't allow other players to drive the way they want.

• Upvote 1

Need help? Ask me anything regarding Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer! I Speak: ksdu1BZ.png x4kePui.png j4Bh20f.png 4QDpL1L.png gXILc45.png 405TxXl.png I Understand: lLqk5b5.png GIgj2Ow.png zANQWPE.png syQskDP.png LzW4REA.png

Want me to answer? Quote my post or use @Ediin!