Hot topic #34: Duisburg No Collision Zone

Luna

56 minutes ago, DRUNKEN_FOXES said:

My personal opinion is that it is a great idea to make Duisburg a NCZ however I personally think it should stretch to just after the petrol station as it still causes tailbacks where the NCZ ends

Imagine Duisburg as a Pool and the NCZ before the change as sources of water and the roads as ways for water to flow. Each bottle is the same size with the same output and there are 4 of them (Garage, 2 Companies and a repair place). Now we go to the outlet of the pool that is just 1 hole that can't keep up with the ammount of water getting into it,if the input is too big we get traffic and the entire city slows down to a crawl. Now what the change did is merge all of the bottles into 1 so you can't just have 2 bottles go at max power the entire thing goes full power overflowing the city with people trying to get out of the city. Extending it to the gas station would only make it worst because now the pileup in the city will increase 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Czekoloko said:

But then the problem of all the people going out thro 1 small point is only pushed back down the line not fixing anything and it only made it worste because now from 4 NCZ zones that were small and all lead to the main roads it turned into 1 big NCZ everyone is forced to go thro 

You are right, but more than that, I think they are unscrupulous people who want to generate chaos, I personally avoid this route, and I travel through the alternate route that also ends in D-C road. Guilt is not generated in the decision taken, since I believe that the disorder in the service station was greatly reduced, there are people who do not think in simulate, just to troll other players, and that is an individual decision and obviously has its consequences, but I think that if we all put part of each one and avoid the disorder by having distance before the end of the NCZ, we could have a more fluid game, anyways I'm sure that in Duisburg they applied NCZ precisely because of everyone's disorder, and having a moderator for each player is impossible, that's why I emphasize, it is everyone's conscience.

2 hours ago, Czekoloko said:

Imagine Duisburg as a Pool and the NCZ before the change as sources of water and the roads as ways for water to flow. Each bottle is the same size with the same output and there are 4 of them (Garage, 2 Companies and a repair place). Now we go to the outlet of the pool that is just 1 hole that can't keep up with the ammount of water getting into it,if the input is too big we get traffic and the entire city slows down to a crawl. Now what the change did is merge all of the bottles into 1 so you can't just have 2 bottles go at max power the entire thing goes full power overflowing the city with people trying to get out of the city. Extending it to the gas station would only make it worst because now the pileup in the city will increase 

Yeah I see where your coming from. I suppose Duisburg is one of those towns where you cant please everyone

Also ich finde es nicht so gut das jetzt in Duisburg sowas gemacht wurde nach meiner meinung es gibt vorteile und nachteile.

der vorteil ist in Duisburg das mann da ohne sorgen gerammt wird aber sobald mann raus kommt fängt der streit an wer zu erst Fährt und rammen sich gegenseitig weg und so.

Der Nachteil ist das die Fahrer jetzt Düsseldorf, Dortmund und Köln ansteuern werden und da geht genauso wie fürher in Duisburg los dann ist nix mit entspand Fahren. 

I have a solution:
Make several tollbooths that are synced with each other, at the cities edge, that only one truck can go through at the time.
If a truck enters, at the back a gate closes, so nobody can enter.
If 2 trucks enter the tollbooth at the same time (because it is in the NCZ), the last one entering gets auto-kicked.
Make them pay 50K to enter and leave Duisburg :troll:

I'm just kidding that is just too much work, for a city that will get a make-over soon.

And equip all junctions on the D-C route with traffic lights with barriers that go up and down. If you want to run through a red light BAM! 

Or we can just wait for the Germany map update to release..

I think it was something to be done. The service exit was very crowded and we might have to wait even 10 minutes to exit. It's a good decision in terms of time. But I don't go to Duisburg too much anymore because such a thing has been done. To me, something like this breaks realism. If only everyone could drive their trucks realistically. Thus, such things would not be necessary, and the game could have been more enjoyable. 

I hope this decision has been good for the game. 

• Thanks 1

Regards,
TruckersMP  POW&R

Very nice change, which clearly makes the traffic come trough a lot quicker! The only thing I dislike is the sudden ending of the non collision zone. Alot of crashes happen there as it's unclear where it finishes.

Anyway, I hope the NCZ remains. Great job TMP. :D 

320068038_role_EventTeam.png | Coolieboy image.png.c81aeeba7d346c29c876fa6ae8778b53.png
Twitch | YouTube | Cool Convoys | VTC

Duisburg şehri olarak bir kaç tane kaçamak yollar eklense iyi olur. Şeritler iki şerit olarak ayarlansa ve kırmızı ışık levhaları getirseler iyi olabilir diye düşünüyorum;ve ayrıca Duisburg Şehri çıkışı benzinlik tarafında'da bir sıkışıklık oluyor oraya başka şeylerde düşünebilirsiniz..Herkes için  oyun rahat,sıkıntı çekmeyen,stres çekmeyen bir trafik istiyor. gereği yapılırsa çok güzel olur Herşey...

if Players actually slowed down on the CD road and stopped the banzai overtakes, the the city would not be as crowded.  People crash then F7, clogging up Calais, Duisburg, Brussels and Lille. 

if players carry on they may find that they get a hard capped 60km/h limit all down that road just like how the 150 club had their balls deflated to 110.  The CD road is an 80km/h limit yet you can't do that speed everywhere otherwise you WILL roll your truck, wash out and head on in a bend.  SLOW IT DOWN and take corners slowly at a sensible speed then perhaps D'burg will actually be quieter by the F7 area which will benefit everyone. 

The trouble with a significant number of players is that They have to be first, at all costs and that ruins it for the majority as well as themselves as they end up being reckless, getting reported and banned.

I don't like the NCZ area, it's still a simulation server and not the arcade server. Not everyone is driving like they should do, everyone knows that, but now Duisburg is like a ghost city for me. I have no reasons anymore to go there because there's no realism anymore. 

It's hard to find a suitable solution to remove the chaos in Duisburg, the people that drive reckless, or don't drive realistic won't change their way of driving because it's a NCZ are now, on the contrary. I think people will drive more reckless in Duisburg because of that NCZ area, and then they gonna take those worse driving skills to other driving areas. Then the problem is not resolved, but it just moved to different areas, more exactly to CD road, Calais and the surrounding cities of Duisburg (Dusseldorf, Dortmund, ...). 

I think the real problem of Duisburg is the city layout, because there can be as much people in Calais and there it is less chaotic. In 1.40 they will change some road structures in Germany, but none of are beneficial for this problem. Therefor I think that the only solution is to edit the map on TMP, I think there are three suitable options:

• Adding an extra exit way out of Duisburg, this could enhance the traffic flow out of the city.
  • Changing the current exit (the one that is mostly used) to a double lane highway with a barrier dividing the two driving directions from eachother. This would then be a bit similar to Calais' exit, where we see a better traffic flow out of the city.
  • Rework all the intersections so that people don't have to wait at traffic lights, or don't have to stop for traffic signs. Everyone knows that some people don't follow traffic rules (viz. driving trough red while the others have green, running STOP-signs, don't give way, ...); making it so that people almost never have to stop to come on the CD road would result in less crashes and less traffic jams, or at least traffic jams that are still moving and are not standing completely still.

These are just some ideas, I think the two last ones combined could result in a better traffic flow out of the city, which would lead in less people in the city and also less chaos.

On 2/15/2021 at 9:37 AM, Joao Rodrigues said:

More difficult - yes, impossible - no.

Convoys could be done on a specially assigned server that is not profile-based.

but most convoys are done on promods or sim 2, a convoy server would be full of trolls wanting to disrupt the running of convoys especially if that is the only server they can use

another issue would be that save edits would not be possible.

Maybe someone mentioned it, I didn't read the entire 9 pages, but... I would like to say that on first look it's great idea! BUT I think there's a huge problem with it - people are abusing this and driving crazy everywhere in the city (it's bigger chaos) and when they leave the city they do it on full speed, and then when immediately the no collision zone ends - they ram the first truck they reach. I've suffered that and it's not OK.  As I said - as idea it's perfect, but I don't think it's functional, actually caused more accidents.

It makes the area more playable and will hopefully move players away from this area and get them to explore different area of the map, I very rarely drive along to duisburg anymore just because I don't won't to be stuck with trolls or stuck in a traffic jam. But I do like being stuck in traffic on TruckersMP as it makes it more realistic but the way duisburg was, is to busy like driving in an apocalypse or something ?

status.png

Current Rank

284174119_role_VeteranI.png

Previous Ranks

role_Members.png 1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85