Hot topic #34: Duisburg No Collision Zone

Luna

In reality, any transfer zone between a non-collision area and and collision zone is going to be challenging because there will always be some people who don't know where the boundary is. 

I think this update hasn't really helped because it hasn't really addressed the main issue, which is the large number of people at the Duisburg service station, however the update has made the city easier to get into and travel around, which is better.

Kind regards, 

.Quality

rk0ThyI.png

On 2/1/2021 at 3:09 PM, Glare said:

We are talking about NCZ on services with you. And you said "remove ncz from services"

spacer.png

İmagine this service without NCZ.

Your screenshot shows exactly the true problem.

Everybody wants to enter / exit first, nobody wants to wait.

So the problem is actually not the number of players, but the impatience,  ignorance and egoism of players.

But that isn't something that the TruckersMP team can / has to fix.

It's solely each players responsibility to practise mutual consideration.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 4

1 minute ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Your screenshot shows exactly the true problem.

Everybody wants to enter / exit first, nobody wants to wait.

So the problem is actually not the number of players, but the impatience,  ignorance and egoism of players.

But that isn't something that the TruckersMP team can / has to fix.

It's solely each players responsibility to practise mutual consideration.

I agree. ?

Oh wait, so this isnt a bug but a "feature"? 

I simply make the claim that there are enough jobs in ets2, so that anyone who wants could make a big bow around duisburg.

Only those who enjoy the mass presence of other players and the associated traffic jams, explicitly look for the route calais->dusiburg. Just as anyone who drives the death route on promods knows what they are getting into. I myself loved to start in düsseldorf and drive relaxed through duisburg and then on country roads to calais. 

The real wrongdoers, the people who deliberately want to cause damage, do not disappear as a result of this change, but look for another place. The ones who are dissapearing are drivers like me, who liked cruising down duisburg for several years...

Just add an "i hate the multiplayer part this game" mode, for those people who like these changes ;) 

Edit: Wow my first post here since i bought ETS2 on Steam for ETS2MP in July 2014, sry that it had to be such a negative one...

• Like 1

I think this is a good idea, but the cause of congestion is the planning of urban roads. The root cause of congestion is the large number of people. The boundary of the collision-free area may still be problematic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kind regards
Shining Stars
TruckersMP -Driver

??China Express Transportation Chief Operating Officer??

Languages:   |  ??  ?? | 
Discord:
Shining Stars#4013  | steam| Forums | World of Trucks

Don't know if it is mentioned already but: 

The biggest change that will come with this update is a complete reskin and rework of all the highways and roads in this part of our in-game world, which haven't been reskinned in previous updates. Additionally, the area around the cities of Dortmund, Köln, Dusseldorf, and Duisburg has not only benefitted from a complete road network redesign but a few new intersections and roads as well! The southern part of the Bundesautobahn 7 will also be available in this update.

This comes with the 1.40 update yes?
So all the suggestions now, are just temporarily fixes, because Duisburg will have a complete overhaul, according to the SCS Blog.

It is only a month or 2 before the 1.40 update? The problems in Duisburg are for years, so a few more months sucking it up shouldn't be difficult. And if you are fed up with it, just avoid the place...
That's what I do, I saw the port of Calais the other day (I haven't been gaming for over a year and started again recently). And I was like: Nope not going there, until they made the port a NCZ.

I think people want to have it difficult and want to complain about Duisburg. People love to complain and then lash out to the admins, moderators. And then they feel good about themselves. 

• Like 1

What he said @MrSirViking

It is true that I was not from the team of moderators, but I really guess how busy their work is. Hopefully this decision has reduced their work a bit and as he said the Calais Duisburg road has never been a simulation The only option is an organized convoy in a special server passing through this path then it is really arranged. There will always be people who do not follow the rules and interfere, but this temporary solution is really good and I support it. Maybe all the way Kale Duisburg will be the best solution, although we avoid the simulation 

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

Поздрави : Wub:

Нощно желание

On 1/31/2021 at 8:49 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Only thing that can be done, IMO, to solve the "Duisburg problem". Change the "experiment". Instead of non collision all over the city, plan to have as many GM as you can in 2-3 consecutive weekends, make them monitor the area in peak time and whoever is seen breaking a rule gets an instant 1 month ban. TruckersMP's history has shown us that players only learn with punishment (and many of them not even when they are punished, but I want to believe that these are only a few). The trolls and ban evaders will not care, but all those others who go there every single day because "Duisburg is so fun" will think twice before risking it.

Making NCZ areas will only move the problems from one point to a different one, unless they can be done so the ending of that NCZ is set on a 3 lanes per way road, and there would still be idiots who'd ram their way in there. The use of non-collision to stop the problems can only work if all the map is made NCZ. Anyone here has ever seen a player complaining about being rammed, blocked or trolled in the Arcade servers?

I pretty much agree with this. I think one way to solve this problem would be to make bans more strict. The idea I read above about ban evading and turning up requirements to more hours of gameplay would work along well.

I think it's a good idea,

but the situation will be not better with a NCZ.

Player can drive into your cabine and you can't see anything and it's a simulator game and in real live you have colision.

The  main problem is start from highway, because the highway is full with trucks and it gives traffic jam. (Look at the picture)

It's a good try, but i don't like the NCZ.?

That's my opinion...

forum tmp.png

I think this is a good change but I have a small suggestion.
I think it would be better if you would be in ghost mode for a few seconds after exiting the NCZ, people might be driving quite fast because of the NCZ but as soon as they exit they might crash into someone.
This would solve the problem of you crashing into someone when exiting the NCZ but people might abuse the ghost mode so Im not quite sure if this would be a good change.

AMP$
TruckersMP - Driver
?? | ??

Founder of INTERCARGO
Twitter | Steam | AMP$#5407

I can understand the reason behind adding the NC zone, actually it did give some positive effects, not much traffic, but trolls got a new idea.

Indeed this just removes the simulation experience, but don't you think that its only the Duisburg city which has the NCZ added, not the whole C-D road. Also, the "simulation" aspect you guys are keeping, are always knocked off by trollers. Which is normal.

NCZ is a fair enough decision for me. Perhaps, could you guys make something, so that players don't concentrate only on the 1st main entrance, and not the 2nd 2-lane entrance? Players always do take the 1st entrance, but I assume if players take the 2nd entrance, there won't be much chaos...

Or adding a new service station somewhere? Most players only enter Duisburg for the LKW company and the service station. Some leave the city from the Duisburg garage. These factors can't be changed, but I like the idea adding a new separate service station somewhere, so that players don't have to go for the earlier one!

On 04.02.2021 at 10:01, [ETS2MCG] dogearmy (TR) said:

Bir sorum var:

Çarpma, dikkatsiz sürüş, engelleme, sollama vb. Nedenlerden dolayı yasaklanacak mıyız?

It will not be banned as it is a collision free area. Like Arcede server.

I can't understand why people are piling up on these two cities. The fact that the city of Duisburg is in the NCZ state is not a permanent or temporary solution. The same goes for the city of Calais. I think it is necessary to use stricter rules to create smooth drivers. Strict precautions should also be taken regarding the D-C route.

Hello,
it's me again, i wanted to say what is happening here, and by that meaningful photo you can know that

713184918_duisburgNCZ.png.ab1bdbf73c99841226981cdb1d02b0c8.png

Duisburg NCZ is something new,  and i like that TruckersMP want to add something new. But there is for example glitches at the end of map like in the film (film is not mine). But there's a question: What will be next? Calais? 500km Calais-Duisburg road? Players like to be in packs.I know that the game is called EURO truck simulator NOT Duisburg truck simulator however that sounds. If Truckersmp want to lower traffic in Duisburg, they can add some event in small cities, or more convoys at long distance.

• Like 1

Kind Regards,
Turbo Diesel V8
TURBODIZELV8.jpg.363cb9585bf0b06e25497844a12d0ddf.jpg