Hot topic #34: Duisburg No Collision Zone

Luna

I have several ideas and suggestions regarding this problem.
A possible solution may be to limit speed in those areas.
Another possible solution that occurs to me is to put a capacity limit in those cities, indicate the capacity with a led sign, where it is said how many people there are and it is indicated whether or not the area can be passed, in case If it is not possible to pass, some type of parking or area to park will be enabled and wait for the capacity to become free (as an addition to this, another led sign should be added with the capacity in said parking area), as a complement to this idea , I think it could be very useful to put a barrier like the one for trains that when the capacity is at its maximum, it closes so that no one enters and thus everyone must respect it.
I have other ideas that can be used, such as, for example, making a group of pilot cars that control the intersections where there is more traffic flow or even the administrators themselves, and in this way better manage the traffic and make it more fluid.
I hope I have helped with these ideas, maybe some of them can be complicated to apply, but I think that some of these could be a very good solution and with some ease when implementing them.
Greetings, I hope I have been helpful.

• Like 1

We might as well go back in time at this rate... Change the server names from Simulation 1, 2, & 3 and put them back to Europe 1, 2, & 3. I mean, c'mon - this is silly! This has sort of backtracked the project in my opinion, I thought having these simulation servers, we'd be simulating right?!

I feel the implementation of the area-wide NCZ in Duisburg is a step backwards to solve the issue, in my opinion. This is meant to be a simulation game! Putting a non collision is an answer to stop people driving like maniacs in this particular place - it takes the simulation away from the game.

We should all experience being in traffic jams etc, that's what makes the game interesting by driving on MP in the first place, there is always variety - something different every time we drive on MP. 

Like others have mentioned here, by placing this area-wide NCZ in Duisburg it's probably going to make these trouble makers that usually hang around at Duisburg make them go to neighbouring areas like Düsseldorf, Dortmund and/or Cologne. 

So although you think this is a 'solution to the problem', is it just going to make the issue worse else where?

Overall I think this a soft way of dealing with the matter, I think with a strategic plan of having Game Moderators in these certain areas at peak times would be a better idea in my opinion. Yes, before you jump to your keyboard and say "GM's have a life outside of being a staff member", I get that... But if you could implement a rota shift style system where you have people on duty for these peak times in these known areas, I don't see why this couldn't be done. After all, the change with the hierarchy with now Report Moderators and Game Moderators being separate roles now, this in theory shouldn't be impossible because after all that's what Game Moderator title implies, right?

But I digress...

• Upvote 9
  • True Story 1

ecNR1ul.png

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.

In Game Administrator - 2014 - 2019

13 minutes ago, xTH3xMoDsZx said:

We might as well go back in time at this rate... Change the server names from Simulation 1, 2, & 3 and put them back to Europe 1, 2, & 3. I mean, c'mon - this is silly! This has sort of backtracked the project in my opinion, I thought having these simulation servers, we'd be simulating right?!

I feel the implementation of the area-wide NCZ in Duisburg is a step backwards to solve the issue, in my opinion. This is meant to be a simulation game! Putting a non collision is an answer to stop people driving like maniacs in this particular place - it takes the simulation away from the game.

We should all experience being in traffic jams etc, that's what makes the game interesting by driving on MP in the first place, there is always variety - something different every time we drive on MP. 

Like others have mentioned here, by placing this area-wide NCZ in Duisburg it's probably going to make these trouble makers that usually hang around at Duisburg make them go to neighbouring areas like Düsseldorf, Dortmund and/or Cologne. 

So although you think this is a 'solution to the problem', is it just going to make the issue worse else where?

Overall I think this a soft way of dealing with the matter, I think with a strategic plan of having Game Moderators in these certain areas at peak times would be a better idea in my opinion. Yes, before you jump to your keyboard and say "GM's have a life outside of being a staff member", I get that... But if you could implement a rota shift style system where you people on duty for these peak times in these known areas, I don't see why this couldn't be done. After all, the change with the hierarchy with now Report Moderators and Game Moderators being separate roles now, this in theory shouldn't be impossible because after all that's what Game Moderator title implies, right?

But I digress...

A rota system may not be such a bad idea. With around 120 staff with moderation perms, this would require a team member to take on a particular shift every 4 or so months, which is not exactly a burden, even with life outside of TMP.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, StateCA (NL) said:

Maybe a poll and asking the playerbase choices on how to handle Duisburg can be a nice idea. I know Aek mentioned that it wouldn't be fair because not all players have a forum account. But that didn't stop TMP from having polls on Instagram and Twitter. It seems like their OWN forum is the only place that DIDN'T get to vote about the matter...

My thoughts exactly. Not everyone will have a Twitter or Instagram account and not all the ones who do, will be following TMP to see the polls. At least if it was done on the forums it's kept in a central place for everyone to access (I know some people would still have to create a forum account though)

• True Story 1

My Opinion, the Game do not need a NCZ Zone that covering a complete City! TruckersMP decided to prefer a Simulation like Gameplay! This NCZ Zone in Duisburg is a interesting Test, but it will not solve a Problem that not need to be solved! Everyone who are thinking that he have to drive in this Area, do it by his own choice! So the Player have to deal with the Consequences and not TruckersMP!

I can Imagine that there is a lot of Work to do, for the Game Moderation Team, because of the bunch of Players who give nothing on the Rules and Disrespecting other Players, but that´s a part of all Multiplayer Games. People doing stupid Things, like in Real Life and even more in Multiplayer Games.

Sometimes its getting annoying, but you have always the Option to stay away from high Populated Areas or chose another Server.

Childs needs to learn , how far they can go, even when they are +18 Years old!

6 minutes ago, Lasse said:

All staff is working voluntarily and we can't create a 24/7 moderation plan for Duisburg. We would need to do the same for other areas and this can't be a solution.

Moderation at peak times would be possible surely?

Like I mentioned in my post, have a rota style system to accommodate this... The community isn't getting any smaller, so you have to accommodate for the masses. 

• Upvote 1

ecNR1ul.png

• Project Manager

Pretty sure it would be possible! 

But we can not guarantee it or force our staff to join at specific times. 

It won't solve the problem of the number of (reckless) players in that area either. Often, traffic jams there aren't even caused by misbehaving players but by the number of players in the small city. 

Appeal your banSubmit feedback | Have a nice day 🧡

8 minutes ago, xTH3xMoDsZx said:

Moderation at peak times would be possible surely?

When you look at traffic statistics, the peak traffic levels for Duisburg occur between 17:00 & 21:00 UTC on weekdays, and 13:00 & 21:00 UTC on weekends. Therefore a 24/7 approach to moderation there is not really neccessary.

• Upvote 5
  • True Story 1

5 minutes ago, Lasse said:

It won't solve the problem of the number of (reckless) players in that area either. Often, traffic jams there aren't even caused by misbehaving players but by the number of players in the small city. 

Perhaps another solution (in the long term), is to implement an auto kick system if players go through a red light in a busy area? Whether this is actually possible, or would work feasibly, I do not know, but it may well be worth testing in the same way that Duisburg has been made all NCZ.

• Project Manager
1 minute ago, TDW24 said:

Perhaps another solution (in the long term), is to implement an auto kick system if players go through a red light in a busy area? Whether this is actually possible, or would work feasibly, I do not know, but it may well be worth testing in the same way that Duisburg has been made all NCZ.

We have considered this before but: What if someone gets rammed by the player behind them? What if a no collision hackers drives through them and everyone starts flying? What if someone drives through a green light but then reverses back while it's red due to the intersection being full?

An auto kick for red lights would be hard to implement and there will be wrong kicks. We don't want to punish players even more.

• True Story 2

7 minutes ago, Lasse said:

We have considered this before but: What if someone gets rammed by the player behind them? What if a no collision hackers drives through them and everyone starts flying? What if someone drives through a green light but then reverses back while it's red due to the intersection being full?

An auto kick for red lights would be hard to implement and there will be wrong kicks. We don't want to punish players even more.

That's completely understandable, but 9 times out of 10 people going through red lights in busy areas do it deliberately. Arguably your point about NCZ hackers would actually do more good than harm, as it would clean up any carnage caused by them, and kick them off the server immediately before they cause even more chaos!

Regarding the reversing back issue, see my earlier post about box junctions.

1 minute ago, Lasse said:

Pretty sure it would be possible! 

But we can not guarantee it or force our staff to join at specific times. 

Something you as a team will have to defiantly consider having this 'peak time moderation', because it's only going to get worse as the community grows further. 

I understand GM's are voluntary, but you have to accommodate for the masses. 

Duisburg is small I must admit, but from experience it does tend to be people not driving to the conditions and obeying traffic rules. They often emerge from traffic lights when they shouldn't, thus blocking intersections of the road causing traffic jams.

Like @TDW24 mentioned about a yellow box junction like we have here in the UK, if someone enters that yellow box junction and they stop inside it, they would immediately get kicked. So some traffic control implementations like that would be perfect for this. 

Like you said, some re-work of Duisburg to make it more streamlined in some way would be amazing. 

• Upvote 2

ecNR1ul.png

We are aware that more and more players that drive in that area are ban evading, causing more chaos by either using hacks or intentionally driving in a reckless way. People that usually drive CD road see hackers on a daily basis. Seems to be fairly easy to ban evade by the amount of hackers and reckless drivers with high ID that we see. So another solution would be changing the requirements to start playing on TMP. At the moment, game is about 5€ on third party game sellers and players just need 2 ingame hours to start playing TMP, quite simple, they can just leave game open during that time. The requirements need to be a lot stricter, these 2 hours are literally nothing.

• Like 7

Best Regards

76561198142274477.png

5 minutes ago, Vampire said:

So another solution would be changing the requirements to start playing on TMP. At the moment, game is about 5€ on third party game sellers and players just need 2 ingame hours to start playing TMP, quite simple, they can just leave game open during that time. The requirements need to be a lot stricter, these 2 hours are literally nothing.

For years I have been suggesting this through the official means for that to be changed. But the answer was, no.

ecNR1ul.png

9 minutes ago, xTH3xMoDsZx said:

For years I have been suggesting this through the official means for that to be changed. But the answer was, no.

If they want to reduce the amount of ban evaders, it's the only way to do it. They must change the requirements, as it's quite hard to tell when a player is ban evading or not. You see some people bragging about the fact that they are ban evading for the 5th time, and you think how is that possible ?

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 3

Best Regards

76561198142274477.png

On 1/31/2021 at 5:18 PM, Vampire said:

If they want to reduce the amount of ban evaders, it's the only way to do it. They must change the requirements, as it's quite hard to tell when a player is ban evading or not. You see some people bragging about the fact that they are ban evading for the 5th time, and you think how is that possible ?

Exactly mate, but unfortunately when I suggested it, it wasn't on their agenda and they think it would discourage new users to join TruckersMP. I have been looking for my suggestion but it looks like it has been removed from the forum.

But you have to make changes to combat these issues and I firmly believe if the required hours was raised I reckon this would combat ban evaders, hackers etc... 

• True Story 2

ecNR1ul.png

9 minutes ago, Vampire said:

And with a playerbase of maybe 14k active a day but over 4 million registered accounts, it's not hard to imagine some are ban evading, yeah. xd ?

• True Story 1

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

2 hours ago, Lasse said:

How is this different then now?   Game Moderators already will kick / ban you if you get rammed and you end up going part way through the intersection at a red light.

Also, if you are stopped at a green light and wait there because if you went through you would be stuck in the middle of the intersection (as the road in front of you is full) you also get kicked / banned because you are not obeying the traffic lights.   (even though if you go through the green light you would just be stuck in the intersection creating a traffic gridlock.

Hello,

in my opinion, if truckersmp wanted to get less traffic in duisburg ; it doesn't work. I think the traffic is same, but there are bugs at the end of NCZ zone. trucks are glitching and flying underground. Maybe there will be less road blocks, but it was all fun in that place.

Kind Regards,
Turbo Diesel V8
TURBODIZELV8.jpg.363cb9585bf0b06e25497844a12d0ddf.jpg

Only thing that can be done, IMO, to solve the "Duisburg problem". Change the "experiment". Instead of non collision all over the city, plan to have as many GM as you can in 2-3 consecutive weekends, make them monitor the area in peak time and whoever is seen breaking a rule gets an instant 1 month ban. TruckersMP's history has shown us that players only learn with punishment (and many of them not even when they are punished, but I want to believe that these are only a few). The trolls and ban evaders will not care, but all those others who go there every single day because "Duisburg is so fun" will think twice before risking it.

Making NCZ areas will only move the problems from one point to a different one, unless they can be done so the ending of that NCZ is set on a 3 lanes per way road, and there would still be idiots who'd ram their way in there. The use of non-collision to stop the problems can only work if all the map is made NCZ. Anyone here has ever seen a player complaining about being rammed, blocked or trolled in the Arcade servers?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lasse said:

What about more map edits?

Yes, that is an option. However, we can not change much. World of Trucks jobs (External Market) are synchronized with SCS Software's servers. As soon as you leave the base game roads, you will be reset to a previously saved location.

This is not correct.

The synchronization of WOT jobs is only to know the current location of the user, but this does not affect driving at all.

If the location of NBCF and LKW is not changed, the synchronization of the GPS coordinate for WOT will not be affected, and jobs can be delivered without a single problem.

When using ProMods, the problem is because they modified the location of the basemap companies, so the GPS coordinate will never match with the SCS servers.

I take a WOT from Omak (WA) to Wenatchee (WA) (See WOT_Job.png). But I drove through ProMods Canada, off the game's base roads. (See Map.png), and the delivery was completed without problem, because the delivery was in a company located in the GPS coordinate of the game, without modifying (See WOT_Delivered.jpg).

As long as these two companies are not modified, there is no impact on WOT.

And in this way, all of Duisburg can be restructured to include modifications, more services with multiple entrances, different entrances to the garage.

WOT_Job.png

Map.png

WOT_Delivered.jpg

• Like 1

Jorge Sandi

jorensanbar

Nova Transports CEO

https://novatransports.com

• Project Manager
1 hour ago, [NT-CRC] jorensanbar said:

This is not correct.

Thanks for letting me know. @MarkON informed me earlier about this as well.

We are currently working on some concepts for possible map edits. Make sure to keep an eye on our social media ?

• Thanks 1
  • Woah! 1

Honestly Duisburg City is just way too small for the amount of traffic it takes in. I know this isnt real life but when cities intake more traffic they build bigger roads, I do realize that you cant necessarily change roads maybe implement a one way system to fix it until the rework assuming that they increase city size. You will always have trolls unfortunately and they will always figure their way around things such as NCZ. Now, I dont know your guys's procedure in hiring new staff but maybe look into hiring a more diverse group regarding timezones.

I'm just putting in my opinion, I usually stay away from Duisburg anyway because there are many other places to explore!