Hot topic #34: Duisburg No Collision Zone

Luna

Another solution could be a schedule for the Game Moderation team? According to TMP's "meet the team" page they have 13 Game Moderator Leaders and 89 Game Moderators.

Is it really that impossible to make a schedule so that there is always a GM active in Duisburg during peak hours? Is it truly impossible to recruit more moderators? Let the team grow? It's just a couple hours in the evening spread out over a team of 102 moderators.

• Upvote 5

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

Of course, this can solve some problems, but it will not correct the situation. 

Already now we can see, now there are big traffic jams in this place, although I think this is only temporary. 

Why is Duisburg a problem? 

1. It may sound strange, but the reason is in the players who constantly travel to this city. Most of the players 'live' in this city, they constantly travel here and then complain that there are problems. Hey, the map is big, take a few friends and visit the cities of Bulgaria, Turkey, France - there are excellent roads and beautiful places, why see the same thing and then complain? I think that most players know about this city, but they go there anyway. Maybe just delete the city?

2. These are players again, but they are players from a different category. I'm talking about those who use double and triple couplings. I don't completely understand what they are doing here, but no one has been able to explain to me why they go first to take this trailer, and then to the service to fix it. This is the second reason why there are problems in this place, only two players with such trailers block half of the city. 

3. Wow! This is again a problem with the players! Now these are the players who have not the best computers. Well, I see that I have strong lags, I cannot move comfortably and I just leave this place, move to another city or another server. But many players, experiencing problems with fps, continue (no, try) to move. What for? Why do you get such torment and put other players in danger and create additional problems?

I think it is difficult to refute these reasons, since they are obvious to everyone. Then maybe we (the players) will just ignore this city? 

This city needs a more correct change, the current editing of the service is not the best solution and this has created other problems, so this needs to be changed.

5 minutes ago, StateCA (NL) said:

schedule so that there is always a GM active in Duisburg during peak hours?

GM's try to do this if there is free time, but this will not be fair in relation to other places on the map. If the players themselves create such problems for themselves, then why waste time for this?

The time zone is also a problem and this, as a rule, is not the same for most moderators. Hiring new hires just because of the time zone? Perhaps this is not the way it should be.

Now I will tell you using my experience: I repeatedly controlled this city for an hour, two or three, but this only solves the problem for 10-20 minutes. Most of the time kicks are used to control traffic in this city, but people don't respect other players so much that they just restart the game instead of getting out of the way or out of city. Tighten the rules for this city and apply a ban and not a kick for any violations? Then one hour in this city will turn into several hours of communication in appeals.

You should understand that the work of a moderator is not only about kicking or banning - this is only a small part of our work and it also takes time, but we are all volunteers who devote personal time to the project and sometimes this time is not enough to look after this damned city. 

You yourself can change this city, use other roads, other cities, ask your friends to do it. Then only trolls and those who are looking for problems will remain in this city, but they are not looking for games, they are looking only for such problems, then no one will complain.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

ResTed.gif

Бронзовый призёр в номинации "Сотрудник поддержки 2016"

Game Moderator Leader of the Year 2019 - #2

TMPForum.png

22 minutes ago, MrSirViking said:

See the issue here is that Duisburg never really was simulation. The idea of simulation is to have it as close to real life as possible. And Duisburg never was that. I bet you that real life Duisburg have never had this kind of traffic. And they never had people just overtaking and ramming people in the city. Or people running red lights. Not this amount anyway. Duisburg was never simulation, it was just craziness. And now hopefully a lot of the reports coming from Duisburg will be a lot less. And make life a little bit easier on the moderators. Cause you will know this. We simply cant watch Duisburg 24/7 so we cant keep it clear and good for people to drive in. So we have to do something about it. And this seems like a good solution. At least for now.

As i said.. I UNDERSTAND why you guys have done it BUT it is not going to rid the reports at all because people are already abusing the ghost mode (as seen in videos commented on this post and multiple streams) to send other trucks flying. I know (from past experience) how hard it is to keep up with reports especially in duis.. we all have our opinions.. im just saying this wasnt a good idea and as clearly shown im not the only one who thinks it.

• Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, [Интегра] ResTed said:

Of course, this can solve some problems, but it will not correct the situation. 

Already now we can see, now there are big traffic jams in this place, although I think this is only temporary. 

Why is Duisburg a problem? 

1. It may sound strange, but the reason is in the players who constantly travel to this city. Most of the players 'live' in this city, they constantly travel here and then complain that there are problems. Hey, the map is big, take a few friends and visit the cities of Bulgaria, Turkey, France - there are excellent roads and beautiful places, why see the same thing and then complain? I think that most players know about this city, but they go there anyway. Maybe just delete the city?

2. These are players again, but they are players from a different category. I'm talking about those who use double and triple couplings. I don't completely understand what they are doing here, but no one has been able to explain to me why they go first to take this trailer, and then to the service to fix it. This is the second reason why there are problems in this place, only two players with such trailers block half of the city. 

3. Wow! This is again a problem with the players! Now these are the players who have not the best computers. Well, I see that I have strong lags, I cannot move comfortably and I just leave this place, move to another city or another server. But many players, experiencing problems with fps, continue (no, try) to move. What for? Why do you get such torment and put other players in danger and create additional problems?

I think it is difficult to refute these reasons, since they are obvious to everyone. Then maybe we (the players) will just ignore this city? 

This city needs a more correct change, the current editing of the service is not the best solution and this has created other problems, so this needs to be changed.

GM's try to do this if there is free time, but this will not be fair in relation to other places on the map. If the players themselves create such problems for themselves, then why waste time for this?

The time zone is also a problem and this, as a rule, is not the same for most moderators. Hiring new hires just because of the time zone? Perhaps this is not the way it should be.

Now I will tell you using my experience: I repeatedly controlled this city for an hour, two or three, but this only solves the problem for 10-20 minutes. Most of the time kicks are used to control traffic in this city, but people don't respect other players so much that they just restart the game instead of getting out of the way or out of city. Tighten the rules for this city and apply a ban and not a kick for any violations? Then one hour in this city will turn into several hours of communication in appeals.

You should understand that the work of a moderator is not only about kicking or banning - this is only a small part of our work and it also takes time, but we are all volunteers who devote personal time to the project and sometimes this time is not enough to look after this damned city. 

You yourself can change this city, use other roads, other cities, ask your friends to do it. Then only trolls and those who are looking for problems will remain in this city, but they are not looking for games, they are looking only for such problems, then no one will complain.

Why does recruiting more moderators not solve the issue of moderators spending a lot of time on appeals and their other activities? Why can't TMP recruit more moderators? Just why?

• Upvote 6

Kind regards,

partyaap

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

32 minutes ago, MrSirViking said:

And now hopefully a lot of the reports coming from Duisburg will be a lot less.

Personal think you'll still have all the reports, all that has happened is you've picked up a problem and moved it two meters down the road, yes you now don't have the busy junction, but you've created a "Hot spot" where incidents are going to happen coming out of the NCZ.

As seen from the few videos above, people are still ramming, people are abusing Ghost-mode and causing crashes & people will probably get reported for blocking after they've been sent flying by someone coming out of ghost-mode.

Don't fully agree with state's comment about the schedule as people need to manage their social life, but maybe this is a good time to hire/ train more staff so that the work load is balanced out more. Everytime i've gone to report someone on the website the workload has either been "high" or "Very high" so having more staff can help with that as well?

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, DerAmpelmann said:

Lastly, to deviate from the topic of my reply back to the main topic of the thread, I personally would rather leave the team than be asked to take shifts in babysitting moderating the players in Duisburg, Calais or the road in between. Frankly, I label everyone who drives in that area constantly the same. What is that label? I'll leave that to your imagination.

Honestly I think labeling is the complete wrong thing to do and I feel quite insulted by that. Also you'd be labeling many of your colleagues too. Half of the people are NOT the same. Some of us wish to drive down roads without ramming others thanks.

• Upvote 1

Good evening everyone.

I'll give you a very simple example.

Think of a pool. Its entrance is very wide and its flow rate is quite high.

Its outlet, on the contrary, is quite narrow.

What is being done right now is to lengthen this narrow pipe.

This process will not affect the water output.

Best regards

• Upvote 1
  • Woah! 1

?️Her zaman bir umut vardır .?️

1 hour ago, StateCA (NL) said:

Why can't TMP recruit more moderators?

As mentioned above, we cannot accept everyone who wants to become a moderator. Many players believe that a moderator's job is to kick or ban someone who is driving the wrong way, but when they find out the amount of work that awaits them, they simply disappear with the words "oh no, I don't want to waste time on this". 

Indeed, there are not so many of those who meet the requirements and want to be a moderator. Also, do not forget the long learning process, since we would like you to see professionals who can do their job efficiently.  

We also had a bad experience with players who were already accepted, but they joined for other "purposes". We do not want to repeat mistakes and therefore we want to trust those who represent our team, communicate with you both in the game and in appeals and reports. 

Of course, we could make a recruitment to this team once every two months, but again I want to remind you that due to the quantity we will lose in quality. Correcting mistakes is much more difficult and takes longer than training a professional.

ResTed.gif

TMPForum.png

15 minutes ago, StateCA (NL) said:

You can't complain about not magically finding new people that are a good fit to become a GM when recruitment opens like, what, once a year?

You see moderating as babysitting? Wow, thanks.

You'd rather leave the team than do your job.

You label people who drive in a certain city.

I'm really sorry. But your post sounds kinda insulting to us, the players.

Agree with State on that, nice and professional reply from staff about a large proportion of drivers.

If getting staff is an issue, why not open recruitment more often? 

I get it'll take time to train people and that not everyone will get through training, but if you open recruitment more often you'll get more eligible people applying, no?

4 minutes ago, [Интегра] ResTed said:

Also, do not forget the long learning process, since we would like you to see professionals who can do their job efficiently.

Yet a GM just instuled a large proportion of the drivers? Yes he might not of mention it in an insulting way, but sure came off that way

1 minute ago, Aek177 said:

I would like to apologise for a comment made here earlier, it has now been removed.

Okay but what does the label mean?

Kind regards,

partyaap

2 minutes ago, DavidGarside said:

Agree with State on that, nice and professional reply from staff about a large proportion of drivers.

I get it'll take time to train people and that not everyone will get through training, but if you open recruitment more often you'll get more eligible people applying, no?

It is not as easy as just opening recruitment, we need the capacity internally first. If there is no capacity we won't open recruitment. Please also remember we are extremely busy and cannot just open recruitment easily as it takes a lot of time and effort to do recruitments. Whenever we have the time and capacity needed to open recruitment, we of course will.

4 minutes ago, StateCA (NL) said:

Okay but what does the label mean?

That is not something for me to comment on. I am not the one making that "label" so it is not my personal opinion on what a "label" for this area is.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DavidGarside said:

I have explained some of the reasons above. Since I'm not the recruiting staff, I believe that one of our managers will answer in more detail, since they know more than me, but even what I said is already enough to see how difficult it is task. 

There is no need to think that we do not understand and do not see the existing problems, we see and our team is trying.
Even now, many moderators are focusing on reporting on the site, which is also a lot of work.  

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you much about this in more detail, but I ask you to believe me that this is a very difficult job and a difficult process, not to mention the responsibility to you, because we want you to see quality work. In many ways, we are limited to many things, so you don't have to think that we just don't want to do this. Believe me, we would like to have a large number of moderators, so that your reports on the site are reviewed very quickly, so that the number of reports that have been reviewed in the game will also increase, we also want this. But...but...but...

ResTed.gif

TMPForum.png

3 minutes ago, Aek177 said:

It is not as easy as just opening recruitment, we need the capacity internally first. If there is no capacity we won't open recruitment. Please also remember we are extremely busy and cannot just open recruitment easily as it takes a lot of time and effort to do recruitments. Whenever we have the time and capacity needed to open recruitment, we of course will.

That is not something for me to comment on. I am not the one making that "label" so it is not my personal opinion on what a "label" for this area is.

Well I figured I asked you since you also apologized on his behalf. It's oddly worrying when a GM is talking about labelling people. And being intentionally vague about it. Even more worrying when he deletes his post and a manager has to apologize for him.

And about recruitment. I understand it's a big effort. I understand you guys have high standards for the moderators. And I understand the process takes months from trainee to report GM to actual GM, etc.

But it is obvious that TMP is in desperate need of a bigger and more active moderating team. For years the focus seems to be solely on restricting the players to reduce reports, rather than having an abundance of moderators to actually moderate the game. And the more active moderators you have, the less reports you will get down the road.

Kind regards,

partyaap

First off all good evening all o/ now for the topic:

NCZ won't solve any issues as I said on the Release thread Duisburg city is now just one massive service station and this won't fix anything.

For a GM to label players is hitting rock bottom and I can imagine that if one of us 'labelled people' would use that in the way he did we would get an appropriate punishment for it but let me guess a person with the red name gets away without even needing to apologise? sad sad. Just because some of us enjoy to drive a certain road it makes us bad players? Very disappointing what this community is slowly becoming, to the point where some of us soon won't even feel welcome anymore.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, ItsRedPotato said:

First off all good evening all o/ now for the topic:

NCZ won't solve any issues as I said on the Release thread Duisburg city is now just one massive service station and this won't fix anything.

For a GM to label players is hitting rock bottom and I can imagine that if one of us 'labelled people' would use that in the way he did we would get an appropriate punishment for it but let me guess a person with the red name gets away without even needing to apologise? sad sad. Just because some of us enjoy to drive a certain road it makes us bad players? Very disappointing what this community is slowly becoming, to the point where some of us soon won't even feel welcome anymore.

?

2 minutes ago, Aek177 said:

Don't think anyone is trying to say you're not hard working, but when you go into an admeen stream and they're saying that there isn't enough staff to deal with the reports maybe that's a good hint to look at building the internal capacity.

After being in Admin streams most people know it's a lot of work, no one is taking that away from you an i'm grateful for the work they do.

A simple poll on the forums asking what people thought about the idea would of been a nice touch. I very rarly go onto the forums but im sure if there was a poll about it, it would be a hot topic and would of been spread around the variuos ETS discords 

3 minutes ago, StateCA (NL) said:

Well I figured I asked you since you also apologized on his behalf. It's oddly worrying when a GM is talking about labelling people. And being intentionally vague about it. Even more worrying when he deletes his post and a manager has to apologize for him.

And about recruitment. I understand it's a big effort. I understand you guys have high standards for the moderators. And I understand the process takes months from trainee to report GM to actual GM, etc.

But it is obvious that TMP is in desperate need of a bigger and more active moderating team. For years the focus seems to be solely on restricting the players to reduce reports, rather than having an abundance of moderators to actually moderate the game. And the more active moderators you have, the less reports you will get down the road.

It was not him that deleted the post.

As I said though, we don't have the capacity to just recruit people forever. We are looking to expand wherever appropriate and whenever we can manage such expansion. We aren't going to recruit if we cannot manage the size we have. I am not saying everything is 100% perfect, but we do what we can with what resources we can get.

1 minute ago, DavidGarside said:

Don't think anyone is trying to say you're not hard working, but when you go into an admeen stream and they're saying that there isn't enough staff to deal with the reports maybe that's a good hint to look at building the internal capacity.

After being in Admin streams most people know it's a lot of work, no one is taking that away from you an i'm grateful for the work they do.

A simple poll on the forums asking what people thought about the idea would of been a nice touch. I very rarly go onto the forums but im sure if there was a poll about it, it would be a hot topic and would of been spread around the variuos ETS discords 

Unfortunately, not everyone has a Forum account so doing a poll there would not be fair or accurate.

• Upvote 2