Hot topic #34: Duisburg No Collision Zone

Luna

It will be a good a very good decision, I am quite sure. i personally like it

Greetings, Mo1993

• Like 2

Mo1993  -  TruckersMP ❤️

Languages: English | German

If you have any questions or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,,

Mo1993

spacer.png

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Rules  |  Get to know the team  |  Guides  |  Knowledge Base   |  Map showing dangerous places in MP  |  Feedback about staff  | Objection to the ban  |  Website Reports

TruckersMP Ranks  |  Recruitment  |  Join the team

1 minute ago, Connysjoberg74 said:

Why do you need to do this action?

because of people who doesn't know traffic rules.

I personaly think that more  active moderators would scare of some of the trolls and not competent drivers 

added quote 

what are the criterias for beeing a moderator 

i think moderators should have a drivinglicence for atleast a couple of years 

i have seen bans that are incorrect to me when checking against traffic rules

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

This would completely eliminate the simulation. And it is a feature that TruckersMP looks for: https://truckersmp.com/blog/194

Therefore, it would be a complete contradiction for TruckersMP.

You turning the simulation server into an Arcade server.

If a zone is conflictive, then the user should not approach. But if he does, it is because he consciously wants to take damage, and problems with other users. This It is a personal decision.

If you change the simulation experience in this way, then you are going to move the problem to where the NCZ ends.

What needs to be changed is the way users are accepted. A troll can buy a Steam account for $ 2 USD, and just by leaving the game open for 2 hours, he can already enter the servers.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 11
  • True Story 2

Jorge Sandi

jorensanbar

Nova Transports CEO

https://novatransports.com

I posted this video in the developer announcement post thing, and i'll just post it here again.

First of all I respect TMP for trying out a possible solution, but it just doesn't seem to work. When Duisburg gets busy and there are no GM's actively directing the traffic, people will just crash once they leave the NCZ area.

Honestly a better solution would be some kind of gate that is connected to the traffic lights. It's not really realistic, but at least it works better because then people can't run red lights anymore. They would be blocked by a visible barrier.

Ultimately it's down to players not respecting the traffic rules. And that is a problem that you can't really solve by restricting the gameplay.

• Upvote 14
  • True Story 1

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

To be honest I absolutely don't see a point in making it a no-collision zone. People wreck themselves when driving beyond the "no collision border" and get stuck there. 

Secondly all the traffic which originally was in Duisburg, has shifted to Düsseldorf. No one is helped with that. And thirdly, where is the simulation aspect? If you create no collision zones in cities, people can start driving on Arcade right away. In my opinion this eliminates the aspect of simulation. 

I'm always in for some testing, but this is definitely something I'd not like to see on TMP in future.

• Upvote 10

I totally agree with @Courtz49 , the players are the problem here and not the city itself. I know the small size of it doesn't really help, but people need to be patient and obey by all the traffic rules. That area gets a lot of trolls and reckless drivers that don't obey by the rules, so they need to be punished. It needs to be more controlled. 

I also agree with this: 

18 minutes ago, [NT-CRC] jorensanbar said:

What needs to be changed is the way users are accepted. A troll can buy a Steam account for $ 2 USD, and just by leaving the game open for 2 hours, he can already enter the servers.

People can easily bypass the bans by buying new game copies and wait the 2 hours to get in server. This needs changing. 

• Upvote 11

Best Regards

76561198142274477.png

This is indeed a good implementation because people anymore needs to get aware of that there are also other places/cities or roads on the map to drive on.

There are people who constantly turns around these areas. Leaves from the city but returns to city again (does it a few times by the way). Joins the queue that in front of traffic lights in the city but also complains about the traffic jam and even yells at our staff team to do their job. Imagine joining this kind of queue in a stuck traffic on your own but also complaining about staff. This is actually what makes me laugh, though.

Also I don't really get why people sit in a city for literally hours. I never go to these cities like Duisburg or Calais or C-D road (because I generally do WoT jobs), but I see this situation from some of streamers on Twitch. These people are most of the time sitting in the hotels for hours and even occassionally moving their vehicle or typing something in the in-game chat not to get kicked for being AFK. Not sure how much they enjoy doing it, though.

• Upvote 2
  • True Story 2

🇺🇸 Kind regards / 🇹🇷 Saygılar,

DarkScream

TruckersMP | Game Moderator

6 minutes ago, Hurricane. said:

This is indeed a good implementation because people anymore needs to get aware of that there are also other places/cities or roads on the map to drive on.

There are people who constantly turns around these areas. Leaves from the city but returns to city again (does it a few times by the way). Joins the queue that in front of traffic lights in the city but also complains about the traffic jam and even yells at our staff team to do their job. Imagine joining this kind of queue in a stuck traffic on your own but also complaining about staff. This is actually what makes me laugh, though.

Also I don't really get why people sit in a city for literally hours. I never go to these cities like Duisburg or Calais or C-D road (because I generally do WoT jobs), but I see this situation from some of streamers on Twitch. These people are most of the time sitting in the hotels for hours and even occassionally moving their vehicle or typing something in the in-game chat not to get kicked for being AFK. Not sure how much they enjoy doing it, though.

How would you solve the issue of leaving NCZ like I showed in my post?

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

Hello to everyone

I don't think this app will be good

Alternatively, more than one garage and more than one car maintenance place should be built in this city.

There's a lot of trouble leaving here

Programmatic quotas can be set for these cities / cities. A known vehicle can be entered.

These paths will be adjusted in 1.40 update.

Best regards

• Like 1

?️Her zaman bir umut vardır .?️

I can see the idea behind it but I'm genuinely surprised it was added.

It's not solved anything, if anything it's just moved all the incidents away from F7 to further down the road.
By adding NCZ to the city,

1. Takes away the simulation aspect of the game (for that area)
  2. Everyone is now just going to fight their way out of the NCZ and end up causing crashes as @StateCA (NL)video showed above.
  3. Encourage the trolls to sit at the side of the road on the edge of NCZ and pull out infront of people leaving the city.

Unless Duisburg had a rework, I personally don't see any way of making it a better place, the only thing TMP can do is admin it and remove people who can't obey rules.

• Upvote 8
  • True Story 2

with Duisburg, the issue is the way players drive up and down the CD road, because its one of the closest F7 points it gets crowded around the F7.  Therefore the F7 could do with being moved or made  a through route.  In addition to this double up the fueling areas to stop players having to come in counter flow and make the entire CD road a dual carriageway road with 2 lanes each way and a hard divider betweem them. If you reduce the traffic conflicts on the CD road then you may reduce its population.

and if possible, set the speed limit on the CD road to 80km/h

• Upvote 5

The biggest problem is that the intersection is blocked by people driving through a red light so why not install a kick system when driving through red light for busy places you keep it more a sim server this way in my opinion anyway.  the intersection will be less blocked and don't need a game moderator 24/7 this way so is a win win situation 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, StateCA (NL) said:

How would you solve the issue of leaving NCZ like I showed in my post?

Well yeah. I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm also confused about this though, and hopefully a better solution will be brought in future. Also we are not saying it will definitely be like this forever. So, as Lasse said in the post;

The NCZ was added on a trial basis and might be adjusted or removed in the future.

So I mean it's a bit complicated by the looks of situation (the NCZ issue you pointed out), in my opinion.

🇺🇸 Kind regards / 🇹🇷 Saygılar,

DarkScream

TruckersMP | Game Moderator

2 hours ago, Courtz49 said:

In my opinion it does not work.

Its a simulation server so why make a city NCZ, you might aswell make it arcade.. theres no simulation about it.

I understand WHY you guys have done it however trucks are STILL fighting to get out the NCZ zone and causing damage to those driving nicely.

Its not Duisburg that is the issue. Its the players. Making a city NCZ is not going to magically make players drive nicely.

They need to be punished and not the entire server / good drivers too be punished for it. People can not follow road rules such as traffic lights and give ways. Thats on them not the sensible drivers. 

They will most likely now cluster dusseldorf or another nearby city instead.

I hope that this choice is only temporary and not forever and fingers crossed the new rework on duisburg will make it better. 

I get that this area was where most reports were coming from but I honestly do not think it works.

See the issue here is that Duisburg never really was simulation. The idea of simulation is to have it as close to real life as possible. And Duisburg never was that. I bet you that real life Duisburg have never had this kind of traffic. And they never had people just overtaking and ramming people in the city. Or people running red lights. Not this amount anyway. Duisburg was never simulation, it was just craziness. And now hopefully a lot of the reports coming from Duisburg will be a lot less. And make life a little bit easier on the moderators. Cause you will know this. We simply cant watch Duisburg 24/7 so we cant keep it clear and good for people to drive in. So we have to do something about it. And this seems like a good solution. At least for now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • True Story 5