Newbie with some Questions (and Suggestions)

Lindsey McTavish

Good day to my fellow truckers,

I am new to TruckersMP and so far it's a Gem I am glad to have found. It's fun to drive through europe and see others driving with me on the streets. There's a lot of people greeting me while passing by, which is a thing you normally will not see in most multiplayer based games.

However, I do noticed some toxic behavior, a hell lot of reckless driving, speeding, crashing, lazy ppl not using their mirrors/indicators etc, which is something that starts to hit my wallet. When I do a contract to bring stuff from A to B, I always drive within the boundaries of street rules. I mean driving carefully and always obey to street signs and signals. But there's a lot of people recently which are driving in a way that constantly damages my truck seriously because they are speeding and crashing into me or in other things due to their speeding, and I crash into them often when they crash into objects.

Is that normal? I mean I don't mind ppl speeding, but reckless overtaking (or undertaking on the slip road) which results in crashing into my truck is something I don't want to have happening to me. There was one situation yesterday, I did overtake another truck correctly and indicated right to get back into the right lane on a street with two lanes for both directions. Then, the truck behind me started to speed up and then he undertake me on the hard shoulder. He then wanted to get back onto the normal lane way too early and crashed into my truck. While he did that maneuvre he honked his horn like crazy. My truck and my cargo got badly damaged, resulting in a los of 50% of the money and a bill for repairing my truck and trailer ofr another 60000€. I did a 3500km hauling which is a long run of about 3 realtime hours and in the end I paid more then I was rewarded.

Also, nobody really cares about traffic lights, honking their horns and calling me idiot for waiting at a red light, especially when they are not able to overtake me. I get constantly crashed into from people not stopping at red lights or stopp signs! Also, a lot of ppl are overtaking in the cities where you shoud only drive 50kph.  I wittnessed some really crazy maneuvres just to overtake someone in the city, and when it's really busy, they crush into others coming from the opposite direction because they can't get back onto their lane due to someone next to them.

I really suggest that the speed limit of 90kph should be applied again! And, can I report people driving in a reckless manner, even if no one gets crashed? I don't want to spend 200000€ every day just to repair everything again and again and again. :(

As I said, I love this Multiplayer and will continue to play on your servers, but I wanted to share you my experience after 3 days of playing with you guys! :) And, I will keep a video recording program running to save the most craziest maneuvres from other people. ;)

So should you see Lindsey McTavish on the roads, behave! :P

P.S. I play on Sim 1!

Starting with the traffic light you stop at, you are not alone, a small percentage of players drive and obey the rules of the road, and why? since most of this society comes here to fool around and loosen up, yes it is a simulation (a reflection of real driving). If the maximum speed of 90 km / h was restored, there would be accidents and so on, but it is already known that the losses would not be 110 km / h and the losses would be smaller, and maybe they would drive more carefully, but TruckersMP updates the regulations from time to time and tightens it and for more things players can be punished. Remember that nobody tells you to play one, you can also switch to a second server. I'll see you on the road!

greetings

czesławmuwi

12 hours ago, Lindsey McTavish said:

Good day to my fellow truckers,

I am new to TruckersMP and so far it's a Gem I am glad to have found. It's fun to drive through europe and see others driving with me on the streets. There's a lot of people greeting me while passing by, which is a thing you normally will not see in most multiplayer based games.

However, I do noticed some toxic behavior, a hell lot of reckless driving, speeding, crashing, lazy ppl not using their mirrors/indicators etc, which is something that starts to hit my wallet. When I do a contract to bring stuff from A to B, I always drive within the boundaries of street rules. I mean driving carefully and always obey to street signs and signals. But there's a lot of people recently which are driving in a way that constantly damages my truck seriously because they are speeding and crashing into me or in other things due to their speeding, and I crash into them often when they crash into objects.

Is that normal? I mean I don't mind ppl speeding, but reckless overtaking (or undertaking on the slip road) which results in crashing into my truck is something I don't want to have happening to me. There was one situation yesterday, I did overtake another truck correctly and indicated right to get back into the right lane on a street with two lanes for both directions. Then, the truck behind me started to speed up and then he undertake me on the hard shoulder. He then wanted to get back onto the normal lane way too early and crashed into my truck. While he did that maneuvre he honked his horn like crazy. My truck and my cargo got badly damaged, resulting in a los of 50% of the money and a bill for repairing my truck and trailer ofr another 60000€. I did a 3500km hauling which is a long run of about 3 realtime hours and in the end I paid more then I was rewarded.

Also, nobody really cares about traffic lights, honking their horns and calling me idiot for waiting at a red light, especially when they are not able to overtake me. I get constantly crashed into from people not stopping at red lights or stopp signs! Also, a lot of ppl are overtaking in the cities where you shoud only drive 50kph.  I wittnessed some really crazy maneuvres just to overtake someone in the city, and when it's really busy, they crush into others coming from the opposite direction because they can't get back onto their lane due to someone next to them.

I really suggest that the speed limit of 90kph should be applied again! And, can I report people driving in a reckless manner, even if no one gets crashed? I don't want to spend 200000€ every day just to repair everything again and again and again. :(

As I said, I love this Multiplayer and will continue to play on your servers, but I wanted to share you my experience after 3 days of playing with you guys! :) And, I will keep a video recording program running to save the most craziest maneuvres from other people. ;)

So should you see Lindsey McTavish on the roads, behave! :P

P.S. I play on Sim 1!

there are always two sides of the same issue. 

but first of all i would recoment to switch to server 2. 

server 1 is a Shark tank for experienced "battle hardened" Drivers only and a bad spot to learn the ropes. 

server 2 is more beginner friendly and mostly inhabited by those who want to escape this madness and get the jobs done. 

also many veterans and VTC´s minding their buisness.    so chances are good you might find someone who show you some tricks.

Welcome to ETS2MP. 

In the old part of ETS2 (main europe), it is quite hectic. A lot of people drive there, that are not obeying the rules of the road. If you want some less chaos, you could go to the DLC's area's (if you have them). Those area's are not so busy with frantic drivers.
Or you could go in sim2 as it is mostly a lot quieter (like seth suggested).

If you get damage by getting hit by someone, you can report them. 

Some tips:
If you see someone trying to overtake you on the highway, go a bit on the emergency lane (if available).
I know this is not a IRL to do, but not everyone has good control over their truck (like the keyboard warriors). So that way you give them some room and avoid getting damage.

When approaching a tight junction, stop like a car length or 2 away from the stop line. This gives incoming trucks from the left and right more room to make the turn.

Happy trucking.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there! @Lindsey McTavish

I would recommend like the others have, to go into server 2 or go and drive in the DLC areas on the map 

I remember when I very first started everyone was driving like mad!

But overtime I just got use to it and now I'm not that fussed if someone crashes into me because mistakes do happen and they normally apologise.

But there are alot of people that can't follow simple road signs i.e Traffic lights, stop signs etc.. and i think it ruins new peoples experience and could stop them from not playing again which is not good!

Stay safe out there!

spacer.png

I agree, the Promods in general is so chilled.  It would be nice to have a few more drivers around, however it does mean that you can appreciate the work that PROMODS have put into the mod.  The buildings and terrain is awesome.  

PROMODS Canada is amazing and i am looking forward to them expanding further around Canada.

promods.png

I think the most important thing for you to do is just drive that way you want to drive. Some drivers will find it a pain when you stop at red lights, but you just have to remember that it isn't against the rules. I'm glad to hear that you have video-recording on cause you can and will run into drivers that just think of ETS2/ATS as a game where you're suppose to drive as reckless as possible. You'll mostly find these drivers on or near C-D Road as they often look to do as much damage as possible. So if you want to avoid these drivers, just remember to set some waypoint so you don't go near this area, and if you do go near this area then just focus on your own driving, and remember to save recording of the drivers that's driving reckless.

I'm my time I have been near and even on C-D Road several times, and I have learned that you can mostly never make it from Calais to Duisburg without at least seing one driver breaking the rules, so unfortunatelly I think this is just one of the things we'll have to live with. I know that the entire TMP-staff is working there ass of to get the reckless drivers and trolls of the server as fast as possible, but there is also always new drivers showing up that doesn't want to follow the rules so it can't be avoided completely. But I would say since I started driving MP and until now I can see that the amount has gone down a bit. Either that our I'm just getting better at avoiding getting into situations where drivers can crash into me.

spacer.png | spacer.png

What you said does exist in the game. Many players are reckless driving. This is unavoidable. At this time, our recording program plays a role. The website is equipped with a reporting system. We can usually report offending players and videos Upload to the website to report and wait for the staff to deal with it!
Welcome to Truckersmp, you will surely find many friendly players and staff, they will be friendly with you on the road, welcome you to join Truckersmp again

Misty Island - TruckersMP - Player

Ascend Cargo | Driver

image.png.a2948cf0c580647219b26e02d549447a.png

Language : Chinese ; English ; Russian ; German

Report a player | Appeal a ban | Open a support ticket

Regards and have fun ❤️

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there.

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because of your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are creating and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion. We are applying this to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me.  

Locked and Moved to Archive

Languages/Diller:  tr.gif (primary)gb.gif 

Useful Links/Önemli Bağlantılar: TruckersMP Rules/Kuralları | Recrutiment/İşe alım | Knowledge-base/Bilgi bankası  | Forum Warning System/Uyarı Sistemi: [TR] [ENG] 

Archived